The Manchester United Thread

That is a far fetch rumor that.

I would laugh my *** off. then again on paper, hardly a terrible idea, at least until Van Gaal gets the WC out the way.

The backroom staff replacement is one of the reasons for the deline, dont get me wrong but all accounts the way Fergie rans things behind te scenes is not the normal setup for nearly everyother club (no scout info, it was just all in the chief scouts head), get for fergie not so much for the next guy, Moyes should have at least kept 1 or 2 people about.

Keep assuming. Can't handle the fact? What fact?

I have nothing to say when I see people getting angry at someone's grin. It's stupid which I'm not surprised to see.

Hardly angry. Just annoyed like some other Man United fans that he still can grin and act like everything is hunky dory when it clearly isn't. Reeks of delusion and complacency. Yeah you had nothing to say when the issue was brought up earlier in the thread. So only The Lord knows why you have something to say now ...

Hardly angry. Just annoyed like some other Man United fans that he still can grin and act like everything is hunky dory when it clearly isn't. Reeks of delusion and complacency. Yeah you had nothing to say when the issue was brought up earlier in the thread. So only The Lord knows why you have something to say now ...

1. It is understandable that ManUtd fans might be bit annoyed after what he has done to the club (still I would call that madness as the person has every right to grin, smile laugh or whatever except spout bullshit like Liverpool are favs, we should aspire to reach levels of City) but why would any other fans care whether he grins or cries in press

2. Care to point out where ManUtd fans were annoyed because of that? I might have missed it. (Posts from zzzzeeeezzzy or ManUMad won't count though as they are annoyed at Moyes for everything).

Last edited:
Apparently, De Gea could earn a call-up to the World Cup squad after Valdes' injury....sadly, del Bosque will play Casillas, who has 16 games for Madrid all season.

Of the staff that have come in though, only Chris Woods seems to have impressed, because De Gea has become world-class this season.

Anybody who knows even a little about football could see that De Gea would be that from when he came. Dont think he had so much to do with it ... and actually STEELE is much more respected.

Anybody who knows even a little about football could see that De Gea would be that from when he came. Dont think he had so much to do with it ... and actually STEELE is much more respected.

His contribution to the side - relative to the rest of the staff (Moyes included) - is better. I'm not taking anything away from Steele, although the current state of affairs makes me feel sorry for Phelan, who was always portrayed by the media as Fergie's yes-man....

(Posts from zzzzeeeezzzy or ManUMad won't count though as they are annoyed at Moyes for everything).

Wahey!!! Give Moyes time and you ll get many more such posts from others as well as real reaction during matches ...

Wahey!!! Give Moyes time and you ll get many more such posts from others as well as real reaction during matches ...

I'm sure many criticize Moyes here but you and Zzzzeeeezzy take it another level where you just criticize him for everything

Petrucci gone on loan to Charlton. Commiserations Sunilvk

Hopefully he will remain fit this time.

So many things to say, but I'm on holiday. By the way anyone worried about off the pitch (including transfers to be). We are actually doing really well it seems. Whatever **** up Woodward may have committed in the summer, apparently he and Joel glazer of all people are smashing it in terms of getting people lined up and two transfers are reportedly lined to do be done in the summer, guessing carvalho will be one of them. And the new deal could go to 90m a season because of uniqlo. It seems the disasters on the pitch are not holding the club back, yet. I will find te articles involved when back (one is Daniel Taylor). But seems the club is moving on well regardless of moyes, which is good. Unless you're David moyes.

Isn't Petrucci 22? Could he or some of the other youngsters (excluding Powell/Zaha/Lingard) make the step up next season to provide depth in the squad?

What about Andreas Pereira ? How long do you reckon he'll take?

So many things to say, but I'm on holiday. By the way anyone worried about off the pitch (including transfers to be). We are actually doing really well it seems. Whatever **** up Woodward may have committed in the summer, apparently he and Joel glazer of all people are smashing it in terms of getting people lined up and two transfers are reportedly lined to do be done in the summer, guessing carvalho will be one of them. And the new deal could go to 90m a season because of uniqlo. It seems the disasters on the pitch are not holding the club back, yet. I will find te articles involved when back (one is Daniel Taylor). But seems the club is moving on well regardless of moyes, which is good. Unless you're David moyes.

Carvalho's move will be good for the club when it happens. But what about Garay though, is there any chance he'll actually sign?

Please, do remind us :P

I took a brake from United, watching their matches but I turned off my brain. I even placed a bet on Bayern winning 3-0 at OT. Looking forward to this summer, hopefully we'll have new manager (either new manager as Moyes somehow find winning combination or new body in United).

You're not likely to here otherwise though are u?

1. It is understandable that ManUtd fans might be bit annoyed after what he has done to the club (still I would call that madness as the person has every right to grin, smile laugh or whatever except spout bullshit like Liverpool are favs, we should aspire to reach levels of City) but why would any other fans care whether he grins or cries in press

2. Care to point out where ManUtd fans were annoyed because of that? I might have missed it. (Posts from zzzzeeeezzzy or ManUMad won't count though as they are annoyed at Moyes for everything).

Dude I never said Moyes doesn't have the right to grin. At least understand the context behind my post. Whenever a journalist asks Moyes if his job is under threat ... His standard reply is that he has a six year contract before flashing one of his trademark grins. That's ****** annoying. You think a manager of his experience would have more experience in media handling but obviously not. Press conferences at OT have been prickly and tense at best in recent times as Moyes is challenging the media on his record instead of actually putting his hands up and taking responsibility ... A bit like when things went balls up for AVB at Chelsea and we all know how that turned out

Dude I never said Moyes doesn't have the right to grin. At least understand the context behind my post. Whenever a journalist asks Moyes if his job is under threat ... His standard reply is that he has a six year contract before flashing one of his trademark grins. That's ****** annoying. You think a manager of his experience would have more experience in media handling but obviously not. Press conferences at OT have been prickly and tense at best in recent times as Moyes is challenging the media on his record instead of actually putting his hands up and taking responsibility ... A bit like when things went balls up for AVB at Chelsea and we all know how that turned out

Any manager would say his position is not under threat to media or atleast someone with some brain. The moment he says his position is not safe is when everything goes **** up. Well everything has already for ManUtd but that's not the point. You never question your job safety in the press conference. Press will have a field day the moment moyes says his job is not safe.

He cannot handle press conference like we are used to, but that has nothing to do with him flashing his 6 year contract with stupid grin, it's because he has not got that winning mentality that we are so used to with SAF. His press conference sounds like he is managing a poor relegation fodder team when he has taken over the Champions.

He constantly said he takes the responsiblity, the grin only comes after the contract question, and as far as he or the board have constantly said he's the man, and the contract is signed. He's probably as bored of saying it as you are of hearing it.

The fans are turning though, we'll find out within this month if hes getting the backing which think he will at least till over the summer, and into next year. The fact you've lost more than usual, isnt really the issue, its the manner in the football and stlye and response of the players during the losses, thats now made Stoke of all teams, playing as nice stuff as you lot, and thats a shame Man Utd were always, the enemy :) but god **** if there teams didnt play some awesome stuff.

Take with a pinch of slat., but according to rumours of training its gone from ball work, to formation and organisation, at MAN U. once your back four are organised, and maybe the BWM, the front 5/6, play interchanging fast attacking football, and have been doing for 5+ together at least, how much work do they need on formation and role training? :(

Why not. We did hear otherwise last season. It's from journalists not the club.

Yeah, but targets and the various other clubs also, commented on it, Fab, herrera, Athletico, causing Man U to comment. I presume if its quiet nothing has happened yet, journos always get bored.. lol.

Back