The Manchester United Thread

Fergie attending games has no impact whatsoever on Moyes and the team playing on the field. Fergie is a free man and can do whatever he wants. He is not entering dressing room, not in training. He just watches the games and the club he spent 27 years to build. There is nothing wrong with that and if anyone really finds that an excuse (even 1%) for the team's form and position then they are doing it wrong big time.

Sir Matt Busby attended games and it had no impact back then on Fergie. Only when Matt Busby involved in training sessions or started giving some instructions to manager it became a problem in late 60s.

Times have changed mate, humans have changed and most importantly football players mentality has changed. When you have someone as big as Fergie still lingering around the club in no way can it be a positive thing because always at the back of fans/players/Moyes's mind is "well he could come straight back in and things will be better". They wouldn't be human if they didn't think things like that.

Times have changed mate, humans have changed and most importantly football players mentality has changed. When you have someone as big as Fergie still lingering around the club in no way can it be a positive thing because always at the back of fans/players/Moyes's mind is "well he could come straight back in and things will be better". They wouldn't be human if they didn't think things like that.

Fergie said it bluntly that there is no way he is coming back and the reasons he retired was very clear. He isn't young too so him coming back is out of question.

I don't see any problem with SAF staying in the club and I don't see any problem at Bayern where many Bayern legends holds important positions in the club.

Pertinent stuff from football365

And so the tide has turned, with fans trying to rip down the 'Chosen One' banner - pathetically protected by stewards - a supporter thrown out for calling on Moyes to resign and even Sir Alex Ferguson getting it in the neck. There have been murmurings of discontent for weeks at Old Trafford, but the change in the atmosphere was rather sudden on Tuesday.

Of course, it is simply not good enough. From Moyes, undoubtedly, but even more so from those who are supposed to be running the club. While the manager has left the team a shambles, it is unforgivable for those above him to allow cracks to appear in the very foundations.

That United fans feel so helpless that some are planning to fly a 'Moyes Out' banner over Old Trafford says a lot about the current situation at the club. It may be a preposterous idea by supporters who have been spoilt with success, but it points to the deeper issue of the Glazers' indifference towards performances until they impact on the balance sheet.

As Ed Woodward said in a presentation to shareholders in February: "Some of our competitors haven't won the league for a long time but still sell many shirts, including one down the road." There is something so reprehensible about this titanic club being run by owners who simply do not understand a love for football and have neither shown any intent to grasp fans' feelings.

This week's ill-thought-out idea to appoint a supporters' representative to an internal role has come all too late as plasters are sought for a self-inflicted axe wound. United are refusing to help themselves, relying on some fanciful notion of stability when Moyes has shown nothing to deserve more time. And certainly not 'a lot more time' as some in the papers have claimed.

Back in December, we wrote that the players are likely to have the final say in whether the manager can hold on to his position. As speculation of unrest begins to grow, it seems that will eventually be the case. The Glazers have made enough mistakes thus far to know they can't get this one wrong. A new manager - with experience at the highest level and evidence of a convincing playing style - should be found in the summer, backed with substantial funds and trusted to steer the ship away from the iceberg.

Just because Chelsea can operate ignoring club history - because it doesn't have any - doesn't mean everybody else should ignore theirs.

I'm sure many criticize Moyes here but you and Zzzzeeeezzy take it another level where you just criticize him for everything

Hopefully he will remain fit this time.

I've actually calmed down a lot lately, you've had nothing from me for a long time despite the unacceptable derby defeats and all the rest. But I still stand by my point, Moyes deserved all the criticism I gave him... he seems tactically clueless.. which is really weird.

But I would never go as far as Alcaraz blaming Moyes for... grinning?

Please, do remind us :P

I took a brake from United, watching their matches but I turned off my brain. I even placed a bet on Bayern winning 3-0 at OT. Looking forward to this summer, hopefully we'll have new manager (either new manager as Moyes somehow find winning combination or new body in United).
3-0 seems to be the magical number eh? $250 against Liverpool and I should have betted on it again vs Man City. After collecting my money I seems to be enjoying our demise a bit more than I probably should.

3-0 seems to be the magical number eh? $250 against Liverpool and I should have betted on it again vs Man City. After collecting my money I seems to be enjoying our demise a bit more than I probably should.
Yep. Away teams seem to be satisfied with 3-0 at Old Trafford. Thankfully.

Class of 92. buy a Manchester club shocker...

Its not UNITED.. **** lol.

Done that with Arsenal for couple of years. Year 2013 was "bad" as we were the top team for that calender year. Still have managed to make nice bit of money after our recent collapse. If this continues don't even need a summer job this year :D

I've actually calmed down a lot lately, you've had nothing from me for a long time despite the unacceptable derby defeats and all the rest. But I still stand by my point, Moyes deserved all the criticism I gave him... he seems tactically clueless.. which is really weird.

But I would never go as far as Alcaraz blaming Moyes for... grinning?
On the tactical stuff I agree, and it's baffling and incredibly disappointing because he isn't tactically inept as his time at Everton has shown. That's the worst thing about it all for me. He's not even working at that level tactically. It's one thing to have a tactically inept manager just being that. But when it's someone who is actually quite adept, it's infuriating. I think that's my biggest disappointment, that moyes actually considerably better than he is showing himself.

On the tactical stuff I agree, and it's baffling and incredibly disappointing because he isn't tactically inept as his time at Everton has shown. That's the worst thing about it all for me. He's not even working at that level tactically. It's one thing to have a tactically inept manager just being that. But when it's someone who is actually quite adept, it's infuriating. I think that's my biggest disappointment, that moyes actually considerably better than he is showing himself.

He wasn't particularly good at changing his tactics at Everton, very consistent in his approach. Crosses/long ball to big man upfront (Cahill then Fellaini) for knockdowns mostly.

What he was good at was having a well drilled team. His training and style worked with a decent, but limited, team.

He has never worked with such technically good players and never implemented fluid, attacking football.

Look at the improvements Everton have made with Martinez, who actually won a trophy with a rubbish team. That is tactical ability.

Unfortunately Moyes was never the right choice for a team expecting to challenge for, and win, trophies.

Its kinda the reverse Guardiloa effect. He's added a attacking possession game to an already tactically solid and organized team, Moyes is trying to place his formation and organized style into an attacking team etc etc.... I think you can only the latter from scratch, the former seems much more adaptable, Martinez proves that.

A basic way off looking at it, IMO.

Fergie said it bluntly that there is no way he is coming back and the reasons he retired was very clear. He isn't young too so him coming back is out of question.

I don't see any problem with SAF staying in the club and I don't see any problem at Bayern where many Bayern legends holds important positions in the club.

Look i am not blaming this season on that reason, i am saying there are many problems and this is a very small one but for me in my eyes it is a small problem inside lots of bigger problems for this seasons failings.

Just because Chelsea can operate ignoring club history - because it doesn't have any - doesn't mean everybody else should ignore theirs.

Although i'm struggling to see what your angle was as i never questioned Utd's history in the first place your comment is laughable and enormously false so i'm taking that comment as a joke as that's all it could be.

Whether Fergie was still at the club or not how would he be forgotten by your club, doesn't he have a statue, a stand named after him and i suspect pictures everywhere in the club shop/museum.

Although i'm struggling to see what your angle was as i never questioned Utd's history in the first place your comment is laughable and enormously false so i'm taking that comment as a joke as that's all it could be.

Whether Fergie was still at the club or not how would he be forgotten by your club, doesn't he have a statue, a stand named after him and i suspect pictures everywhere in the club shop/museum.

'Anything' that talks about past, you can be sure that fans of Liverpool, United and Arsenal will bring up "history" despite it's irrelevance to the thing being talked about. You should be used to it by now.

And I think he tried to say that Fergie is part of their history and he's welcome to hang around, or so I think and comprehended.

Isn't Fergie still a board member and has a say in running of the club? If he isn't, then I think his presence is pretty much like a normal fan except media glorifies it and c'mon man, we won't get to see the glum faces after a poor result at Old Trafford.

Back