The Manchester United Thread

'Anything' that talks about past, you can be sure that fans of Liverpool, United and Arsenal will bring up "history" despite it's irrelevance to the thing being talked about. You should be used to it by now.

And I think he tried to say that Fergie is part of their history and he's welcome to hang around, or so I think and comprehended.

Isn't Fergie still a board member and has a say in running of the club? If he isn't, then I think his presence is pretty much like a normal fan except media glorifies it and c'mon man, we won't get to see the glum faces after a poor result at Old Trafford.

Oh yeah i'm used to the whole "history" thing despite A) History being an amount of time and B) Chelsea having tonnes of it and yeah i'm absolutely loving seeing Utd that far down the league playing this poorly. Its been like watching comedy central all season.

That's hilarious coming from someone who claims Fergie disrupts the whole team just by showing up at the games.

I said it was a small problem amongst other much bigger problems which is my opinion.

'Anything' that talks about past, you can be sure that fans of Liverpool, United and Arsenal will bring up "history" despite it's irrelevance to the thing being talked about. You should be used to it by now.

And I think he tried to say that Fergie is part of their history and he's welcome to hang around, or so I think and comprehended.

History is very relevant, actually. Because only someone following a club with no history could come up with ridiculous theory that living legend disrupts the whole club operation just by showing his face at the game.

History is very relevant, actually. Because only someone following a club with no history could come up with ridiculous theory that living legend disrupts the whole club operation just by showing his face at the game.

Every club has a history!

Isn't Fergie still a board member and has a say in running of the club? If he isn't, then I think his presence is pretty much like a normal fan except media glorifies it and c'mon man, we won't get to see the glum faces after a poor result at Old Trafford.

These kind of posts only makes things worse in this thread. Liverpool fan made post about history, not sure why you went on about United fans. Re, the last point what's the point of posting that in this thead?

Oh yeah i'm used to the whole "history" thing despite A) History being an amount of time and B) Chelsea having tonnes of it and yeah i'm absolutely loving seeing Utd that far down the league playing this poorly. Its been like watching comedy central all season.=QUOTE]
Can you not do this in your guys thread. No need to do it here!

If anyone is interested in all the Utd news pretty much over the world this is a nice site: NewsNow: Manchester United News | Man Utd News | MUFC Blog Aggregator | Red Devils News

Agreed with most but his tweet about Bobby Charlton is pathetic.

Typical for the conservative football world: a player from 1966 is protecting a coach from 1986.

Typical for conservative football? Is he not aware of the fact that Charlton played under Sir Matt Busby and one of the busby babes? Did he even watch how we took apart Benfica twice when they had their best ever team?

Would love anyone but Conte, Hoddle. Also SAF is unrealistic, not entirely sure about Prandelli as I have not seen him much.

Prandelli just signed a new contract with Italy so it won't be him.

I did a similar article myself for Talkofthedevils.com where I named the possible successors as Klopp, Simeone or van Gaal. They're the only ones in my eyes that should be considered.

Klopp is perfect for United. Fast wing play, counter attacks and scoring goals.
Simeone is a bit anti-United because it's all about discipline and not conceding and scoring on the counter but he'd be great.
Van Gaal has all the credentials and experience.

Klopp would be my choice but I'd take any of the three.

Prandelli just signed a new contract with Italy so it won't be him.

I did a similar article myself for Talkofthedevils.com where I named the possible successors as Klopp, Simeone or van Gaal. They're the only ones in my eyes that should be considered.

Klopp is perfect for United. Fast wing play, counter attacks and scoring goals.
Simeone is a bit anti-United because it's all about discipline and not conceding and scoring on the counter but he'd be great.
Van Gaal has all the credentials and experience.

Klopp would be my choice but I'd take any of the three.

Simeone is doing superb job with Atletico but he still needs time. His CV is excellent already but I would say he should stay with Atletico at least for a year or 2.

Klopp is perfect but I would mind Van Gaal. Bit lunatic but we need someone like him. Wherever he has been, he has improved team tactically and gives very good foundation for good managers to build on.

Klopp, Van Gaal would be my choice and wouldn't mind Frank De Boer. We need manager with fresh ideas.

Edit: Link to the article?

A more feasible option would be van Gaal now, and Klopp/Simeone a few years down the line. van Gaal builds up the team, and then he tends to leave.. so van Gaal to arrest the current slide, and make a team. If/when he moves, then the other options. More so because van Gaal built the Bayern Munich team of today (think Muller and others were brought into the first team by him?)

Simeone is doing superb job with Atletico but he still needs time. His CV is excellent already but I would say he should stay with Atletico at least for a year or 2.

Klopp is perfect but I would mind Van Gaal. Bit lunatic but we need someone like him. Wherever he has been, he has improved team tactically and gives very good foundation for good managers to build on.

Klopp, Van Gaal would be my choice and wouldn't mind Frank De Boer. We need manager with fresh ideas.

Edit: Link to the article?

Who Is The Man To Replace Moyes? - Talk of The Devils

Link there mate. I also mentioned De Boer but I feel he would need more time because he has a very specific style.

He wasn't particularly good at changing his tactics at Everton, very consistent in his approach. Crosses/long ball to big man upfront (Cahill then Fellaini) for knockdowns mostly.

What he was good at was having a well drilled team. His training and style worked with a decent, but limited, team.

He has never worked with such technically good players and never implemented fluid, attacking football.

Look at the improvements Everton have made with Martinez, who actually won a trophy with a rubbish team. That is tactical ability.

Unfortunately Moyes was never the right choice for a team expecting to challenge for, and win, trophies.
Baines, osman, pienaar, arteta to name a few extremely technical players he worked with

Back