The Manchester United Thread

Anyone lambasting Ferguson for attending the games of the club he loves and was in charge of for over a quarter of a decade is ******* bonkers.

Why would we have to buy Shaqiri when our current squad (Rooney/Kagawa/Mata/Januzaj/Lingard) points towards a narrower 4-2-3-1?

Because options and tactical reasons.

I think Moyes will be managing Man Utd next season. Would be nice a manager given time for once - he's shown he has the capabilities to be a good manager despite how they've played this season.

I think Moyes will be managing Man Utd next season. Would be nice a manager given time for once - he's shown he has the capabilities to be a good manager despite how they've played this season.

Very risky from what we have seen this season, I don't think I could take another season of Moyes to be honest. Never wanted him at the start and it's just going to get worse for him if Bayern destroy us.

So... what has he shown after being Man Utd's manager?

where I named the possible successors as Klopp, Simeone or van Gaal. They're the only ones in my eyes that should be considered.

1. Simeone may be a flash in the pan, is a bit unstable and would be a dangerous appointment.
2. Van Gaal is in the twilight of a career that hasnt always been successful.
3. Klopp from the 3 you mention seems to be the best option from the ones you mention but the two best managers in the world are ANCELOTTI (who apparently was SAF's first choice) and MOURINHO. Also GUARDIOLA tho he hasnt really been tested at a club with problems ...

The players I want to sign this summer (or at least make a move for):

Toni Kroos, William Carvalho, Luke Shaw, Mehdi Benatia, Ilkay Gundogan, Antoine Griezmann (although he's apparently agreed to join PSG), Ezequiel Garay, Nico Gaitan, Eliaquim Mangala.

A mixture of any of those as long as the correct positions are covered and I'll be extremely happy.

All are "gettable" although I honestly believe Kroos is using our interest to get a better contract at Bayern. Garay is said to be close to joining (again) while I think Gaitan would be an incredible signing for us. Carvalho is a must buy for our midfield while Benatia is the answer to our defensive woes IMO. Luke Shaw could be our left-back for 15 years and if we are really interested in replacing Rafael, which we shouldn't be, then Seamus Coleman is the man to come in.

Anyone I'm missing there or any disagree?
Kroos and Mangala are unrealistic, since the former is at a top club and the latter is reportedly being courted by City. The likes of Shaw, Gundogan and Benatia are somewhat realistic, but they would probably command both a large transfer fee and large wages. They're the kind of players you need to sign if you're to dominate English football again.

Is he trying to get himself sacked? First he says Liverpool are favourites, then he says we have to be like City, now this.....you do not say this about the man who personally recommended you to do his job.

Yeah pretty dumb thing to say, I don't know what was e thinking.

Well done Moyes. Tell us when you get near the centre of the Earth.

I'm still thinking we should give him another season when he's had a better transfer window but with what he's been saying it is starting to get to the point where I just want him gone.

Back