The Manchester United Thread

Happy to see the ?840 spent on the plane protest was completely wasted. Idiotic beyond words. If they can waste money on crappy ideas like that it's money better served elsewhere, and in more constructive ways.

Wasted just because United won one game? Nah.

Besides, it was hilarious, easily worth it.

Goes to show that the idiots who paid for the plane are the true plastic fans.....so much for living in manchester.

They should be banned from old trafford for the remaining games.

I think this should be the team for a respectable performance on Tuesday :

De Gea
Rafael - Jones - Vidic - Buttner
Carrick - Fellaini
Valencia - Rooney - Kagawa
Welbeck

No Young, No Cleverley.
Fletcher might not start because he still hasn't fully recovered and Giggs and Ferdinand due to not being agile.

If Lahm starts in midfield and Rafinha at right back, we might be able to get in a few balls through Kagawa....hopefully, Hernandez can come on at the end and surprise Bayern!
De Gea
Rafael Vidic Jones Buttner
Carrick Fletcher
Valencia Fellaini Wellbeck
Rooney.

Sit back, play long ball on afro and pray.

If behind, have Rooney, Wellbeck, Fellaini and Fletcher all harras Bayern's deep lying playmakers. Pray with more intensity, maybe burn some incense and stuff.

Premier League is tougher, and we don't need more strikers.. We've too many of them, as is.. :\ I'm assuming Bebe is a striker, not sure if he's a winger..

But yeah, I really miss Scholes in midfield.. T_T

Who else? You can't rely on Fletcher or Giggs, both would be slower (Fletcher because he takes time to recover)- I will destroy my television if Cleverley's on the pitch, and we can't afford to play Januzaj in such a big game (if Rooney were to drop further back).

I miss Scholes and Hargreaves.....

Amen to the Scholes sentiment.. But Cleverley will probably play a part against Bayern. Whether or not he'll start, I dunno, but he'll be brought on to circulate and retain possession.. And despite all that's been said, he actually has been decent at it, just not the type of play we generally need though :\

Actually, the way the trend is going, playing Fellaini is also hazardous, considering he might get sent off if he does any more of those elboes. He did it again this time too..

And Carrick and Fletcher in the midfield? We'd get bossed around easily.. Fellaini and Carrick seem the best bet..

Fellaini and Fletcher for me.

Watching Cardiff game and I'm enjoying it. Even tough its rather poor side, they are trying really hard. Daelhi is playing pretty good, seems intelligent, explosive and good on ball. Zaha, on the other hand, is poor. No football IQ unfortunately, I doubt he'll ever be good enough for top side. Shame really. All the pace, trick, agility, great physique yet he didn't learn two important things, controlling the ball and thinking in advance.

If only Evans were fit enough, I'd have put Jones in midfield. Welbeck out wide, ? la Real Madrid last season I think is the most likely.

If Moyes makes one more comment about aspiring to become like another team, I'll go ****** nuts. Just read another comment about Bayern's supremacy :\

And anyhow, things are going crazy, apparently Swansea want Powell on a permanent deal.. :\ I'll be a bit mad if Powell is sold without even getting a proper shot at the senior squad.. IF Moyes can give Cleverley so many chances, then he sure as **** can give Powell some chances in the team..
Manchester United transfers: Nick Powell a Swansea target - Mirror Online

In other news,
Report: Manchester United eyeing move for Carlo Ancelotti - Sports Mole

And anyhow, things are going crazy, apparently Swansea want Powell on a permanent deal.. :\ I'll be a bit mad if Powell is sold without even getting a proper shot at the senior squad.. IF Moyes can give Cleverley so many chances, then he sure as **** can give Powell some chances in the team..
Manchester United transfers: Nick Powell a Swansea target - Mirror Online

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...-united-eyeing-move-for-ancelotti_147146.html

They can have Cleverley for free.

Fully expect any team with half an eye on FFP to follow suit. City have taken to buying entire clubs, then charging them for use in City shops and branding rights. Genius. Bought 2 so far..

Least theres some good news - Everton 'plot ?15m Tom Cleverley move' - Sports Mole

Actually, La-Liga would be a better fit for Cleverley. He may not come to haunt us if he gets a magic touch back, and besides, his current game would be golden over there..

But even then, I still feel he can be kept for one more season and see what can be made of him.

Is that article simply taking the **** or what? Everton, rival? Or have we sunk that low?

Like I said, each and everyone has an opinion about how we are doing these days. I'm waiting for the time when we can once again say, "Up yours". Now that there is no Sir Alex at the helm, the fear factor has reduced, and everyone wants a piece of the pie.

Or it could simply have been an innocuous reference to the fact that they most likely will finish higher than us this season, but either ways..

Back