The Manchester United Thread

Huge game Wednesday now, can't help but feel we have a good chance but whenever I have that feeling we usually play poor.

However a Bayern midfield of Lahm and Kroos could of been so much worse then that partnership and they will have no Martinez as well however Dante is back. But with our pace we could really cause damage, I really want us to do it but not sure if we will to be honest. Rooney needs to be back for that game to give us a better chance, although Hernandez was really good today so he may be a good option against a slow defence however I'd still prefer Rooney.

Huge game Wednesday now, can't help but feel we have a good chance but whenever I have that feeling we usually play poor.

However a Bayern midfield of Lahm and Kroos could of been so much worse then that partnership and they will have no Martinez as well however Dante is back. But with our pace we could really cause damage, I really want us to do it but not sure if we will to be honest. Rooney needs to be back for that game to give us a better chance, although Hernandez was really good today so he may be a good option against a slow defence however I'd still prefer Rooney.

?

Rooney's being everywhere is yin and yang. It's always nice to have a striker who can play as attacking mid, winger and even come deep to help defense, but that leaves no-one in attack. For me, that's not good enough reason to keep Rooney and sell RVP. Also, Rooney's 'everywhere on the pitch' came out of his position. He's not playing stiker so he drops deeper and comes to get the ball. You could see few times this season when RVP was playing off Hernandez that he drops deeper as well.
Tell that to Suarez, he works hard defensively a la Rooney yet, obviously, also contributes a lot in attack.

That is probably true, but Rooney gets frustrated when he's off the ball. Thus he drops much deeper to win possession.

No comment. It's like you never watched RVP. He does get involved, he does drop if needed. He just has better football brain to know when to, and when not to. Yes, we all love Rooney for his last inch tackles, covering for side defenders. But RVP works hard as well. It's a shame no-one recognize that.

Had different role. Was playing behind Hernandez if I'm not mistaken. Yes, Rooney can score, so can RVP. I'm giving the edge to RVP for his football IQ and general technique.
Surely it's better for Rooney to be frustrated and drop deeper if he's not receiving the ball? If he doesn't do that, then he's basically a spectator because he'll be waiting for a pass that won't come.

Looks like Bebe is having fantastic season at Pacos, scored some fantastic goals and IIRC he is Portugal's top scorer (only Portuguese player in the league).

Also Jackson Martinez averages 135 mins per goal playing for arguably the best team and as CF, Bebe averages 185 mins per goal playing for arguable the worst team in the league and as winger or wide forward.

Also he has scored same number of goals as Rodrigo who is very highly rated.

Tell that to Suarez, he works hard defensively a la Rooney yet, obviously, also contributes a lot in attack.
I haven't seen enough of Suarez to argue about that. I'll just ask does Suarez comes deep to help defense or his work rate is measured how effectively he pressure defense and midfield?
Surely it's better for Rooney to be frustrated and drop deeper if he's not receiving the ball? If he doesn't do that, then he's basically a spectator because he'll be waiting for a pass that won't come.
[/QUOTE]
No, it's not. Even if United win the ball, there's no-one up front to hold it. It can be good, don't get me wrong, but I would rather see striker staying upfront 95% of the time, pressing defense.

I haven't seen enough of Suarez to argue about that. I'll just ask does Suarez comes deep to help defense or his work rate is measured how effectively he pressure defense and midfield?

He was doing a bit of work at right back in the last game or two, he doesn't tend to drop as deep as Rooney though because he's usually pressing so hard.

Looks like Bebe is having fantastic season at Pacos, scored some fantastic goals and IIRC he is Portugal's top scorer (only Portuguese player in the league).

Also Jackson Martinez averages 135 mins per goal playing for arguably the best team and as CF, Bebe averages 185 mins per goal playing for arguable the worst team in the league and as winger or wide forward.

Talk of him making the world cup squad too. So he is actually a footballer!

I thought Pacos de Ferreira were one of the best teams in the league, behind of the likes of Porto, Sporting, Braga and Benfica of course?

No, it's not. Even if United win the ball, there's no-one up front to hold it. It can be good, don't get me wrong, but I would rather see striker staying upfront 95% of the time, pressing defense.[/QUOTE]
I have to admit, I don't have any statistics to back up my statement about Suarez, but having watched him in various games, he sometimes drops back to help the full-back defend against the opposition winger, and presses quite well too in attacking positions.

I thought Pacos de Ferreira were one of the best teams in the league, behind of the likes of Porto, Sporting, Braga and Benfica of course?

Battling relegation and just few weeks back they were at bottom of the table.

Out of the top 3 teams, who should win the league? Because as much as I hate City winning the league, I would probably hate it more if Liverpool win. So 4 me I wold like Chelsea to win.

Hurts me to say this-but Liverpool. It's a different team for the first time in christ knows how long, and (people may think I'm off my nut for saying this) I want to see Stephen Gerrard get a medal that's eluded him for so long, and it's a medal he's deserving for all he's done for the club.

I'll probably get stick but don't really care. It's from a footballing perspective for me

Hurts me to say this-but Liverpool. It's a different team for the first time in christ knows how long, and (people may think I'm off my nut for saying this) I want to see Stephen Gerrard get a medal that's eluded him for so long, and it's a medal he's deserving for all he's done for the club.

I'll probably get stick but don't really care. It's from a footballing perspective for me
burn him burn him now

Out of the top 3 teams, who should win the league? Because as much as I hate City winning the league, I would probably hate it more if Liverpool win. So 4 me I wold like Chelsea to win.

Pretty sure most United fans would rather anyone than Liverpool. It pains me actually wanting City/Chelsea to get points.

Bkjc9yXIUAAGF3A.jpg

No. I can take it if Liverpool wins the title. But seeing Gerrard lifting it would be fatal blow for my young body.

No. I can take it if Liverpool wins the title. But seeing Gerrard lifting it would be fatal blow for my young body.

I sure as **** wouldn't like to see Suarez being the first to lift it :@ I'd just be violently ill.

I'd utterly dislike either City or Liverpool to lift the title, but if not Chelsea, City please, not Liverpool. Never Liverpool. Ugh.

On the other hand, if they lift it, after we take it from them next season, we can again say, "Knocked you off your fuc**** perch... Again!!" Since I'm facing two dreadful alternatives, I'm trying to look for a silver lining amidst it >_>

I'd utterly dislike either City or Liverpool to lift the title, but if not Chelsea, City please, not Liverpool. Never Liverpool. Ugh.

On the other hand, if they lift it, after we take it from them next season, we can again say, "Knocked you off your fuc**** perch... Again!!" Since I'm facing two dreadful alternatives, I'm trying to look for a silver lining amidst it >_>
Maybe that's the motivation that Moyes needs, saying 'Let's kick them again off their ******* perch'. And then he'll have 25 years of successful United carrier :wub:

Back