The Manchester United Thread

Knowing Moyes, he'll probably offer Young a new contract and the captaincy...

If Welbeck, a lifelong United fan who's been at the club since he was 9, is unhappy with Moyes then maybe it is time he was sacked.

Where do we draw the line between getting rid of 6/7/8 players who are "unhappy" but are very good players and getting rid of a manager who would have been sacked twice already at other clubs? Sometimes, it just doesn't work. If he can make a lifelong Man United fan on ?70K p/w feel like he wants to leave at just 23 years old then something isn't right (more than was obvious already).

Yup, I had this view with zzeezzy a few months ago. when you start irritating the core young players, especially someone like Welbeck, then maybe its time to go.

If Welbeck, a lifelong United fan who's been at the club since he was 9, is unhappy with Moyes then maybe it is time he was sacked.

Where do we draw the line between getting rid of 6/7/8 players who are "unhappy" but are very good players and getting rid of a manager who would have been sacked twice already at other clubs? Sometimes, it just doesn't work. If he can make a lifelong Man United fan on ?70K p/w feel like he wants to leave at just 23 years old then something isn't right (more than was obvious already).

Depends, I'm still not too fussed on Welbeck I mean he has some great attributes... but the primary one for a striker always has to be finishing/composure. It takes you back to that Bayern game where he was 1 on 1... if he had scored that who knows what would of happened. It's key moments like that which can define success or failure.

At the end of the day he's a striker but I still think his finishing isn't at the standard of a United striker.... so unless that improves I don't think selling him and bringing someone else in would be the end of the world. But then again, we already have enough on our plate right now... definitely not a problem we need.

He's stating the obvious! Its going to be difficult to do business because its a world cup year. Hardly news nor surprising

Welbeck eh? We'll take him. We love hard-working utility forwards. We'll love him like Moyes should have. :wub:

He's stating the obvious! Its going to be difficult to do business because its a world cup year. Hardly news nor surprising

Getting the deals done before the World-Cup is the only option we should of aimed for from the **** up of last summer, If we don't do business until after the World-Cup we're going to have to deal with inflated prices and players having more interest from other clubs. Along with many other pit-falls.

Transfer news: David Moyes aware Manchester United may struggle to add early

Transfer news: David Moyes aware Manchester United may struggle to add early | Football News | Sky Sports

Excuses starting to come early as well.... if we don't get the players early we mayswell give up because it's going to be a re-run of last summer and we all know how that went. Either that or Moyes has unrealistic targets, which again.. judging by last summer could be a possibility...

This has always been the case. It's fact, its really hard to do business in world cup year. Not an excuse at all.

This has always been the case. It's fact, its really hard to do business in world cup year. Not an excuse at all.

Mike, stop defending Moyes, why do you defend him so much? I know you're not a fan of Welbeck, but still!

If we don't add early I think we're going to really struggle... it will be worse than last summer unless we pay huge amounts for a player.

If we don't add early I think we're going to really struggle... it will be worse than last summer unless we pay huge amounts for a player.
Welcome to world cup transfers, its either an early gamble, or late price hike

Getting the deals done before the World-Cup is the only option we should of aimed for from the **** up of last summer, If we don't do business until after the World-Cup we're going to have to deal with inflated prices and players having more interest from other clubs. Along with many other pit-falls.

The club has already been trying to have deals in place for summer since January. I don't know how much earlier they can work than that

Welcome to world cup transfers, its either an early gamble, or late price hike

This is why we should of done some key business in January, in the summer we're trying to rebuild a squad in a World Cup year it's just absolutely destined to fail.

This is why we should of done some key business in January, in the summer we're trying to rebuild a squad in a World Cup year it's just absolutely destined to fail.

again, how can you do business in January when clubs don't want to sell. we've done this.

again, how can you do business in January when clubs don't want to sell. we've done this.

If we can pay ?37m for Mata we could of got a CB/LB/CM/winger in... one of them I mean. Gives us less work to do in summer.

Yeahhhh, that's not how transfers work mate. The other side has to be willing to agree to sell to you.

Fernando and Mangala were available, if we'd put the money there... Pjanic as well if we'd offered the right price... Roma overloaded there.

Fernando and Mangala were available, if we'd put the money there... Pjanic as well if we'd offered the right price... Roma overloaded there.
OK to tell you how wrong you are for the 4th time. Fernando only wanted to go to City, and didn't want to sell Mangala then as they have title fight on. Porto in fact managed to fight off a club with more money than us, and force them into a bidding war in the summer. So no, not available. Roma refuse to put Pjanic on the market in January because they needed him to finish in CL positions, and didn't need to, and even in the summer with confirmed interest from us and PSG have set a high price, and don't have to sell now they have qualified for CL. Now they can call their own price. So no, not available either.

Back