The Manchester United Thread

Can someone tell me what Nani actually brings to the team?
He brings many thing, like pace, directness and skill. However, there's no space on the pitch to show that. Who's fault is that? I don't know. Probably coaching stuff.

Probably should've been left out. He's having a mare.
What about Rooney? Has he done anything good? Bar his amazing 6 turnovers. What about Kagawa, mr. I don't know where to play, to many players on the pitch? He's been **** as well.
Can someone tell my why is Smalling playing SD and Jones CB? Why isn't vice versa? I'm struggling to find any good reason except to use Smallings hight as advantage over their SD and SM, y'know, as SD targetman.

This is like every Barca game I have watched this season and I have watched nearly all there game. Lots of tippy tappy possession between halfway line and 18 yard box with no width and no penetration, then they loose the ball and concede. If Barca cant do it with there world class players why does Moyes think we can with our team?

How can a manager have no expectation of a season for his job.... that's what gets me. We all know if Glazers have to cough up money to get rid of him it won't happen until they start losing more money.

How can a manager have no expectation of a season for his job.... that's what gets me. We all know if Glazers have to cough up money to get rid of him it won't happen until they start losing more money.

He does have expectations. He's been given a seasons free pass effectively. maybe. He might just get sacked at the end of the season.

What about Rooney? Has he done anything good? Bar his amazing 6 turnovers. What about Kagawa, mr. I don't know where to play, to many players on the pitch? He's been **** as well.

Yeah, none of the attacking quartet have covered themselves in glory, but Nani's been completely hopeless. Looks short of fitness, which is understandable, but even the effort isn't there.

This is like every Barca game I have watched this season and I have watched nearly all there game. Lots of tippy tappy possession between halfway line and 18 yard box with no width and no penetration, then they loose the ball and concede. If Barca cant do it with there world class players why does Moyes think we can with our team?

Heh. So if Moyes plays hoofball, he's criticised. He plays short-passing based possession play, and then gets criticised for that!

I'm no advocate for Moyes but that's utterly ******* ridiculous.

He does have expectations. He's been given a seasons free pass effectively. maybe. He might just get sacked at the end of the season.

A seasons free pass... at a club like Manchester United? Dafuq.

Yeah, none of the attacking quartet have covered themselves in glory, but Nani's been completely hopeless. Looks short of fitness, which is understandable, but even the effort isn't there.

Heh. So if Moyes plays hoofball, he's criticised. He plays short-passing based possession play, and then gets criticised for that!

I'm sorry Mr.Cubed but when the majority of our players are playing garbage and not a shadow of how we know they are capable, the blame goes to the manager/coaching staff.

No matter if it is tippy tappy or hoofball style tactics.

He just can't make them click. That's what I don't understand. Lack of created chances. Unless we score first form set piece, opponent will just sit back and enjoy their life.

This, this and more this. There is good passing game in this United game, but there's no penetration. Get a ******* lube Moyes.

Whats the point of having 60%+ poss and having no attacking threat what so ever, that's whats ridiculous!

He just can't make them click. That's what I don't understand. Lack of created chances. Unless we score first form set piece, opponent will just sit back and enjoy their life.

You've had one shot and it was blocked. Says it all.

Whats the point of having 60%+ poss and having no attacking threat what so ever, that's whats ridiculous!

No, what's ridiculous is bashing him from both directions. Pick one side and stick to it or don't criticise at all. You can't have it both ways. You can't say "oh he encourages too many crosses" and then when he stops doing that say "oh there's too much tippy tappy possession".

I'm sorry Mr.Cubed but when the majority of our players are playing garbage and not a shadow of how we know they are capable, the blame goes to the manager/coaching staff.

No matter if it is tippy tappy or hoofball style tactics.

Sigh, what did I just ******* say? Read before you post.

I literally just said I'm not being an advocate for Moyes here. All I was saying was it's ridiculous and unfair to bash him with both ends of the stick.

Arguably not true, Southampton didn't under Nigel Adkins.

That was their first season up! Hardly an established midtable club. But it was a throwaway comment, anyway.

No, what's ridiculous is bashing him from both directions. Pick one side and stick to it or don't criticise at all. You can't have it both ways. You can't say "oh he encourages too many crosses" and then when he stops doing that say "oh there's too much tippy tappy possession".
We should be able to do both and stop being so predictable and easy to play against.

Sigh, what did I just ******* say? Read before you post.

I literally just said I'm not being an advocate for Moyes here. All I was saying was it's ridiculous and unfair to bash him with both ends of the stick.

That was their first season up! Hardly an established midtable club. But it was a throwaway comment, anyway.

No but my point is Moyes deserves all the criticism he is getting from virtually anyone no matter what he's doing we're still playing absolutely garbage.

We should be able to do both and stop being so predictable and easy to play against.

Wait, who predicted United would play like this?!

Cool, so you just asked Moyes to develop a balanced style containing multiple threats in a multilayered system with a functioning midfield. Without the personnel to do it, and in under a season. No.

Truly 'balanced' teams are very very rare. Ferguson managed it when United had the Rooney/Tevez/Ronaldo triumvirate. Apart from them, in recent memory, no team has properly managed a balanced attack with a complete range of styles. So, for most managers, you pick a basic template and adapt within it. Moyes tried that, failed, is trying something else today and it isn't working either, but it's not fair to say that he's not allowed to play EITHER of the two major styles of football.

EDIT: The Czech team of 2004. That had everything. Knew there was another one.

Last edited:
Back