The Manchester United Thread

Give it a rest with Klopp already, you're probably more likely to get Alf Ramsey to manage United.

Why? Klopp would never of thought the United position would be available so of course he would say he's happy at Dortmund with no good opportunity being remotely available. (Well before today it was all about how Moyes was backed and he will be given the summer etc etc no matter what, so this was not even on the cards).

Also Klopp has to think... what can I really achieve at Dortmund.. even if I build a great team again it will just be a feeder off Bayern.

Why? Klopp would never of thought the United position would be available so of course he would say he's happy at Dortmund with no good opportunity being remotely available. (Well before today it was all about how Moyes was backed and he will be given the summer etc etc no matter what, so this was not even on the cards).

Also Klopp has to think... what can I really achieve at Dortmund.. even if I build a great team again it will just be a feeder off Bayern.

He said multiple times he's not interested, what more proof do you need?

So would you rather we took a leaf out of city's and Chelsea's books? Sack the manager when things aren't going our way? What's to say Van Gaal will come in and fix the problem? The manager isn't the problem, at the end of the day the players haven't performed to their capabilities this season and I don't think that is Moyes fault.

A lot of players have had a bad attitude this season. At the end of the day, no matter whether they like him or not they should be putting in full effort every single game, not for him, not even for themselves, but for the club and the supporters. They are not doing that, if anything they are much more to blame than Moyes in my eyes.

How do we know? He has been in the job 11 months, had chance to bring in two players, in my opinion that is not long enough a chance to be able to justify sacking him. At the end of the day, if the players don't play it doesn't matter what he does.
Come back to real life bro, you had been wandering around in lala land way too long and it seems that your thinking is affected by it too. In the whole **** football world today, not only City and Chelsea sacks their manager whenever they are doing badly. Every team with self respect does. Even the likes of Bayern and Barcelona goes through a managerial change every once in a while. Even great clubs like Milan, Juventus etc changes manager when their current one is obviously not working.

Calm down and look at the whole situation from a neutral perspective. Defending champions finishing 7th in the league, playing the worst football in the league, losing the dressing room and all you want is the club persevering with him simply because "we are not Chelsea/City lulz, let's give him time to change the whole **** team while he's at it too" is so unrealistic that you might be seeing unicorns soon.

Most of you know I'm an advocate for time ( as Godcubed would say, perhaps guilty of too much time) when many were calling for him to go December, I was arguably one of his fiercest proponents, because I believe in seeing the full picture, and that the picture would decide itself. I'm going to put aside all the tactical stuff, because Moyes infinitely better than what he has shown, we've seen the evidence for 11 years. I'm going to focus two things: the player's belief in him, and more importantly his belief in himself. The most important thing he had to do was believe in himself, that he was good enough to take the chair, that he DESERVED to be in the chair. Forget the fans, forget the media and what they say about him. He needs/needed to wake up every day KNOWING he was the Manchester United manager.

From day one I don't believe he has felt that way, that he has had that self belief. Most of all, he has not picked it up. When you dont have it, the senior players will be wary, rightly or wrongly. It happens. And its acceptable at the start. But when you don't grasp it, you start to drown. And once you get to that stage you have to learn to sink or swim. The reason I talk about it, is that above all else, self belief is at the core of everything Manchester United. We take backs losing games we shouldn't, we beat teams we shouldnt, we win Leagues and Cups we should, we set history when we shouldn't, because we believe we can, right until the whistle goes and the season ends.

Players can be fickle, spoilt and surly, and not believe in a manager and there is no doubt too many players have hidden, and that is unacceptable from them, and they are shipped out, they can have no complaints. But you CANNOT manager this club without believing in yourself, if you do not, it will crush you. Moyes has been hamstrung in many areas, and a lot of things have not been his fault, and he has been desperately unlucky with injuries. But too often it feels like games have passed him by, with him feeling unable to stem the tide, and when he has got it right, he hasn'y been unable to ride that, and maintain it. Too many one step forwards, and three steps back.

David Moyes is by all accounts a truly decent man, honest and full of integrity, the kind of manager I want nothing more than to succeed, in a world where managers like Mourinho are fawned over for character assassinating people left right and centre. But by every reasonable expectation, he has fallen short. Now that perhaps, is something than can be stomached, even with falling out with senior players. But whats more damning is that a season on, you wonder, can you see him learning from it for the next season? Make no mistake, there is no room for error next season, for whoever is in charge. I always like a manger to get two years, but I look at and I know the way things are, I must be reasonably sure that he can hit the necessary targets next year, and I'm not. I'm not even close to being sure.

What's hard for me to take is not that he hasn't risen to "United" standards, but rather he hasn't hit his own Everton standards. His every touch has deserted him on and off the pitch. His excellent reactive ability, has totally gone. His strong analysis and reading of the game, as gone. His ability to make a side hard to beat, and then press you out has gone. Everything he needed to steady the ship first season, in order to build on that, has fallen away from him.

And perhaps the final straw, is that he is losing the younger players. Danny Welbeck, as described by Joe Hart is "a United fan first, and United footballer second" that is how much the club means to him, when your relationship breaks down so far as to alienate him into wanting to leave, (and it goes beyond wanting more football), you're on the wrong course. Now you could survive one of these major failings, but all at once? It's too much. I long for the day when managers like Moyes are at the top again, straight talking and none of this crazy paranoia (and even that has slipped from him), but I cannot see it being this day, at this club. And it saddens me. Even now, I don't actually want him to go, but the sad truth his, I feel he has to. David Moyes has given it his best, and its just not been good enough.

And perhaps the final straw, is that he is losing the younger players. Danny Welbeck, as described by Joe Hart is "a United fan first, and United footballer second" that is how much the club means to him, when your relationship breaks down so far as to alienate him into wanting to leave, (and it goes beyond wanting more football), you're on the wrong course.

Nick Chelsea and I were talking about just this earlier. You can handle some rumblings from the old guard, but when its the future of the club that doesn't believe in you, you've got to go really.

Most of you know I'm an advocate for time ( as Godcubed would say, perhaps guilty of too much time) when many were calling for him to go December, I was arguably one of his fiercest proponents, because I believe in seeing the full picture, and that the picture would decide itself. I'm going to put aside all the tactical stuff, because Moyes infinitely better than what he has shown, we've seen the evidence for 11 years. I'm going to focus two things: the player's belief in him, and more importantly his belief in himself. The most important thing he had to do was believe in himself, that he was good enough to take the chair, that he DESERVED to be in the chair. Forget the fans, forget the media and what they say about him. He needs/needed to wake up every day KNOWING he was the Manchester United manager.

From day one I don't believe he has felt that way, that he has had that self belief. Most of all, he has not picked it up. When you dont have it, the senior players will be wary, rightly or wrongly. It happens. And its acceptable at the start. But when you don't grasp it, you start to drown. And once you get to that stage you have to learn to sink or swim. The reason I talk about it, is that above all else, self belief is at the core of everything Manchester United. We take backs losing games we shouldn't, we beat teams we shouldnt, we win Leagues and Cups we should, we set history when we shouldn't, because we believe we can, right until the whistle goes and the season ends.

Players can be fickle, spoilt and surly, and not believe in a manager and there is no doubt too many players have hidden, and that is unacceptable from them, and they are shipped out, they can have no complaints. But you CANNOT manager this club without believing in yourself, if you do not, it will crush you. Moyes has been hamstrung in many areas, and a lot of things have not been his fault, and he has been desperately unlucky with injuries. But too often it feels like games have passed him by, with him feeling unable to stem the tide, and when he has got it right, he hasn'y been unable to ride that, and maintain it. Too many one step forwards, and three steps back.

David Moyes is by all accounts a truly decent man, honest and full of integrity, the kind of manager I want nothing more than to succeed, in a world where managers like Mourinho are fawned over for character assassinating people left right and centre. But by every reasonable expectation, he has fallen short. Now that perhaps, is something than can be stomached, even with falling out with senior players. But whats more damning is that a season on, you wonder, can you see him learning from it for the next season? Make no mistake, there is no room for error next season, for whoever is in charge. I always like a manger to get two years, but I look at and I know the way things are, I must be reasonably sure that he can hit the necessary targets next year, and I'm not. I'm not even close to being sure.

What's hard for me to take is not that he hasn't risen to "United" standards, but rather he hasn't hit his own Everton standards. His every touch has deserted him on and off the pitch. His excellent reactive ability, has totally gone. His strong analysis and reading of the game, as gone. His ability to make a side hard to beat, and then press you out has gone. Everything he needed to steady the ship first season, in order to build on that, has fallen away from him.

And perhaps the final straw, is that he is losing the younger players. Danny Welbeck, as described by Joe Hart is "a United fan first, and United footballer second" that is how much the club means to him, when your relationship breaks down so far as to alienate him into wanting to leave, (and it goes beyond wanting more football), you're on the wrong course. Now you could survive one of these major failings, but all at once? It's too much. I long for the day when managers like Moyes are at the top again, straight talking and none of this crazy paranoia (and even that has slipped from him), but I cannot see it being this day, at this club. And it saddens me. Even now, I don't actually want him to go, but the sad truth his, I feel he has to. David Moyes has given it his best, and its just not been good enough.

Well this explains perhaps some of the stories that Moyes was planning a break from football in the 'near future' whether he was having 1 more season with Everton who knows, before Fergie came calling.

But he may be like Pep described "burned out".

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ds-decision-was-made-in-february-9273567.html

'The mathematical impossibility of United finishing in the top four this season, following their 11th Premier League defeat of the season at Goodison Park on Sunday, means that United need only give Moyes a one-year pay-off under the terms of his five-year deal, rather than honour the full four years left on that contract. Ryan Giggs could then take over as caretaker manager for the final four games of the season'

Neville would never say differently. But I can't take that seriously, giving a manager a free-ride for 2 years is ridiculous... but not as ridiculous as giving Moyes a contract to be United manager in the first place. I genuinely think Moyes is a good person and feel for him on a human level, but he's not a United manager and he can't cope with it.

If van Gaal is the new boss, surely van Persie is the new captain?

Im going to start a career tomorrow with Manchester United, as its going to need a lot of work taking over from Ferguson. I feel Moyes has inherited a very poor squad, and only fergie knows how to get them playing well, I have sympathy for the man and I now feel like starting a save with united would be fun and challenging as they have a significant budget, but the squad needs some serious building!

Even now, I don't actually want him to go, but the sad truth his, I feel he has to. David Moyes has given it his best, and its just not been good enough.

Any reason you've waited until these rumours of sack were circulating before posting this Mike?

Back