The Manchester United Thread

Haven't any of you been listening to a word I said? May as well be talking to Stan Collymore.

The team have had comfort and attention being used to playing under Fergie. He has shown them all, over time, a brotherly bond that has been passed down through each team he has built, that has allowed everyone to play with freedom and confidence, knowing that the direction they were heading garantee'd success, or at least a challenge.

David has come in and re-wrote the book. He wants the players to play his way and the players have become unsettled by this, which was bound to happen, but to the extent where, over time, each and every single player at the club has rebelled and decided no, has not only made the club look a laughing stock, but the man with the toughest job too.

Yes, one brand new team for one manager, because it's obvious that the current side aren't that able to adapt to life without Fergie. 1 team bought in one transfer window? No. Extremely difficult. If you were going to give David 200 million and you had no faith in him, you were more than able to pay compensation for firing him and bringing someone in to work with the current team, who will probably play better football, because Moyes has left and have had a realistic bombshell dropped on them all what they have just done.

Give David time. Two more years of this and I will be in agreeance, however it's been 11 months, 2 transfer windows and 2 signings? Two midfielders. Which is where we agreed all along is where United were weakest.

This summer he will sell on the deadwood and he will replace them with his own chosen signings and then he will sign his own chosen signings again next January and so on.

Tell me the truth.
I've read this forum every day and most people criticize the team as well as David, so why are we all in arms over getting rid of him? Why can't we agree that it is the team and stop justifying the reasoning behind this huge dip in form as purely down to the manager? Especially when the players actively taunt and throw digs at him behind his back. Does that not just spell it out for you...

It's the players. It's all their fault. It's rebellion. It will not stand, I'd sack THEM.
**** replacing a manager every couple of months. Where does it get you except constant change and uncertainty?
Where as David can bring this in a few seasons and then long term success.

Because the same team and players won multiple league titles and the 2 seasons they didn't win was by a point and on goal difference?

So what's different this season? Yes. Manager.

So Mike, can we have a little sneak preview of your end-of-season review?

bbe26ac5bec17dab62ef01ca8b8c9c6f.png

Anyone know the odds on Roberto Martinez next United manager?

Anyone know the odds on Roberto Martinez next United manager?

Hopefully we don't go anywhere near him yet. This time we need a big name manager to steady the ship.

Also hopefully Blanc is not in contention. Van Gaal would be fantastic for few years and then we can plan ahead with younger manager.

Hopefully we don't go anywhere near him yet. This time we need a big name manager to steady the ship.

Also hopefully Blanc is not in contention. Van Gaal would be fantastic for few years and then we can plan ahead with younger manager.

I imagine he wouldn't go anywhere near United either.

van Gaal seems the only realistic option, imo, although has he really achieved anything since the 90's?

So, basically what you're saying is, despite the fact that he inherited champions means that they should stay champions? winning almost every game, storming the league this season, just like Li*****ol?

Sorry, but that's not how football is.

The team don't have Fergie. He made that team and the other teams down the years what they were, they created an atmosphere like no one could, which definitely helped constant success and challenging.

Now Fergie is gone, it's David Moyes who has to deal with this. It's a hangover effect and the players aren't used to it. So they don't want to fight for the club, to entertain the fans, to work under this manager because he can't bring what Fergie did for several years.

United is a special club for that, it's part in what has obviously gone wrong. Fergie was passionate about the club, it's roots, how they should all play. Now David has changed it all, even the ****** shape of the team. Of course they aren't going to want to play for this complete stranger who is possibly doing things opposite of what Fergie did.

But how can we really know where the future lies if we don't give this man another chance to improve? Like we do with young players, we give them a chance, we let them have time to show what they can do.. and with time, comes success.

I know where everyone is coming from, but I think we're too soon to react.

I imagine he wouldn't go anywhere near United either.

van Gaal seems the only realistic option, imo, although has he really achieved anything since the 90's?

Martinez is not good enough to reject one of the biggest club in the world and the biggest in England.

Van Gaal won Bundesliga, German cup and a game away from completing a treble in 2009-10. If you ask Bayern fans they will tell it was Van Gaal who changed the club's philosophy which IMO is good enough.

So, basically what you're saying is, despite the fact that he inherited champions means that they should stay champions? winning almost every game, storming the league this season, just like Li*****ol? .

No I was expecting United to get relegated but Moyes has done exceptional job by finishing 7th.

Yeah, like it is going to change after remaining games.

Hopefully with Moyes gone he will be staying. It's amazing how many players are ****** off with Moyes.

Is he even going? Totally confused now, don't understand what the delay is if he is.

I can't believe the comments made by some, he should be given time to put his own mark on the squad. No matter what anyone says 2 transfer windows in not long enough to build a squad. He does badly for one season because the players misbehave and can't be bothered to play under him, it's poor. He has a different mentality and philosophy to Fergie and needs time to implement that. Getting rid of him would be the worse move possible in my opinion. Fergie didn't win anything for the first few seasons. I for one would like him to be given time, one season is irrelevant and this will set the precedent for the future, the actions of the board here will set the future of the club for some time.

I can't believe the comments made by some, he should be given time to put his own mark on the squad. No matter what anyone says 2 transfer windows in not long enough to build a squad. He does badly for one season because the players misbehave and can't be bothered to play under him, it's poor. He has a different mentality and philosophy to Fergie and needs time to implement that. Getting rid of him would be the worse move possible in my opinion. Fergie didn't win anything for the first few seasons. I for one would like him to be given time, one season is irrelevant and this will set the precedent for the future, the actions of the board here will set the future of the club for some time.

Absolute rubbish, all this talk about the players don't want to play for him.... you're right... there is a reason for that as well. So you're solution is buying a load of new players who want to play for Moyes? Who the **** would Moyes persuade to join anyway playing the way we have been under him.

There is nothing that warrants Moyes another season, nothing at all.

the thing is saf had won things b4 he got the man u job dm has done nothing ok he did gr8 at everton with no money but this is a step to far for him i wanted this to work as i like dm but hes just not up to the job a really shame

Absolute rubbish, all this talk about the players don't want to play for him.... you're right... there is a reason for that as well. So you're solution is buying a load of new players who want to play for Moyes? Who the **** would Moyes persuade to join anyway playing the way we have been under him.

There is nothing that warrants Moyes another season, nothing at all.

So would you rather we took a leaf out of city's and Chelsea's books? Sack the manager when things aren't going our way? What's to say Van Gaal will come in and fix the problem? The manager isn't the problem, at the end of the day the players haven't performed to their capabilities this season and I don't think that is Moyes fault.

A lot of players have had a bad attitude this season. At the end of the day, no matter whether they like him or not they should be putting in full effort every single game, not for him, not even for themselves, but for the club and the supporters. They are not doing that, if anything they are much more to blame than Moyes in my eyes.

the thing is saf had won things b4 he got the man u job dm has done nothing ok he did gr8 at everton with no money but this is a step to far for him i wanted this to work as i like dm but hes just not up to the job a really shame

How do we know? He has been in the job 11 months, had chance to bring in two players, in my opinion that is not long enough a chance to be able to justify sacking him. At the end of the day, if the players don't play it doesn't matter what he does.

Last edited:
So, basically what you're saying is, despite the fact that he inherited champions means that they should stay champions? winning almost every game, storming the league this season, just like Li*****ol?
No. But he should made some progress from the start of the season. He didn't, we are playing just as bad or probably even worse.
Sorry, but that's not how football is.
Please tell us, how football is.
The team don't have Fergie. He made that team and the other teams down the years what they were, they created an atmosphere like no one could, which definitely helped constant success and challenging.
I agree. Moyes apparently lost at least 5 or 6 players this season. You could argue Vidic and probably Evra is leaving because of that. Worst part is, he probably lost some younger players, life long United fans. Something tells me Moyes is the main reason.
Now Fergie is gone, it's David Moyes who has to deal with this. It's a hangover effect and the players aren't used to it. So they don't want to fight for the club, to entertain the fans, to work under this manager because he can't bring what Fergie did for several years.
It's managers job to motivate the players. If he cannot do it, then either sell those players or sack the manager. It's easier to sack him than to sell whole team, right?
United is a special club for that, it's part in what has obviously gone wrong. Fergie was passionate about the club, it's roots, how they should all play. Now David has changed it all, even the ****** shape of the team. Of course they aren't going to want to play for this complete stranger who is possibly doing things opposite of what Fergie did.
Go watch tapes of the games where United concedes goal. Look at Moyes' face. Look at his reaction. Then watch some more from Fergi. You can see who is passionate and who's not.
But how can we really know where the future lies if we don't give this man another chance to improve? Like we do with young players, we give them a chance, we let them have time to show what they can do.. and with time, comes success.
He had whole season for any kind of improvement. He achieved none.
I know where everyone is coming from, but I think we're too soon to react.
I agree with this. There's no point in sacking him now. Wait till end of the season to see if rumors are correct about him losing players. If it's true, change the manager. Till then, United should test the water for a new one.

All this talk of us being 'like Chelsea/City' if we sack Moyes, remember we aren't looking to sack just because he didn't get top and still came 2nd or 3rd. We've become a laughing stock, and we're playing awful football.

Would Moyes ever be considered to manage any top 4 side in any of the major European leagues?

So would you rather we took a leaf out of city's and Chelsea's books? Sack the manager when things aren't going our way? What's to say Van Gaal will come in and fix the problem? The manager isn't the problem, at the end of the day the players haven't performed to their capabilities this season and I don't think that is Moyes fault.

Or take the leaf out of Bayern's, Barca's books? Bayern have changed number of managers and finally they have achieved a near perfect team.

Back