The Manchester United Thread

Oh come on... It's a bit late to get all noble now; 'we respect you so much that we'll fill social media with complaints for months and even go as far as to fly a plane across the stadium demanding for you to be sacked.'

He might lack the passion required for a United manager, but if we don't respect him for the work he's done at Everton at least, we as good as the idiots who paid for the plane.

The usual bollocks and rumours that surround a club of United's size. Jesus ******* Christ man calm down. How can you possibly be a United fan and not already understand that 90% of the stuff talked about in regards to the club is just hearsay?!

I'm just so excited about positive news coming out about the club, rather than negativity.

Guillem Balague is now reporting that United are keeping an eye on Lionel Messi's situation as they've become aware he may be willing to move. Today gets more and more ridiculous.

Link for Balague's Messi story: El United est? al acecho de Messi porque cree que su venta es una posibilidad | Portada | AS.com

I'm just so excited about positive news coming out about the club, rather than negativity.

Guillem Balague is now reporting that United are keeping an eye on Lionel Messi's situation as they've become aware he may be willing to move. Today gets more and more ridiculous.

Link for Balague's Messi story: El United est? al acecho de Messi porque cree que su venta es una posibilidad | Portada | AS.com

Except it isn't news, is it? It's just people making **** up and then laughing when muppets actually buy it.

I don't believe it. Just saying he's reporting it...

I don't believe it. Just saying he's reporting it...

As a journalist, I'm here to report that Ronaldo and Messi are both definitely moving to United for fifty quid and a *******.

Get excited.

Except it isn't news, is it? It's just people making **** up and then laughing when muppets actually buy it.

As a journalist, I'm here to report that Ronaldo and Messi are both definitely moving to United for fifty quid and a *******.

Get excited.

You're just being silly now. I know Messi isn't signing for United, I never once said he was. All I said was Guillem Balague is reporting it. In the same way I said the Telegraph are reporting that we're sounding out Pep.

I'm not saying the moon is made of cheese. All I'm doing is relaying reports. Chill the **** out.

You're just being silly now. I know Messi isn't signing for United, I never once said he was. All I said was Guillem Balague is reporting it. In the same way I said the Telegraph are reporting that we're sounding out Pep.

I'm not saying the moon is made of cheese. All I'm doing is relaying reports. Chill the **** out.

Wait, I'M the one being silly?!

You literally just posted two links to articles claiming United were tracking Messi and that they were contacting Pep Guardiola!

Come on now. Posting "Oh I'm just SAYING they're saying it" is fine, but if you're going to post it here then you should be prepared when the outlandish claims from the stuff you post are called out as being just that, outlandish and crazy. 'Relaying reports' that United are tracking Messi may as well be saying the moon is made of cheese, frankly. They're about as likely as each other.

One thing I will say: the manner in which the club sacked him is nothing short of disgraceful. It turns out it was nothing to do with the NYSE, rather to get him to resign rather than pay him ?4.5m. To brief and leak it to the press a full day before you sack him, disgusting to be honest.

One thing I will say: the manner in which the club sacked him is nothing short of disgraceful. It turns out it was nothing to do with the NYSE, rather to get him to resign rather than pay him ?4.5m. To brief and leak it to the press a full day before you sack him, disgusting to be honest.

Honigstein says it was to make him resign, James Ducker called him out claiming it wasn't and that's a ridiculous claim to make. Seems strange.

GodCubed. Mourinho is possible. Guardiola is possible. Even Messi is possible. INCREDIBLY unlikely, but possible. We all said the same things when linked to RVP and Mata. Stuff happens in football. It's a discussion thread to discuss about Man United.

I haven't claimed it's going to happen, or that it won't happen. I've simply said that these people are reporting this story. What is your problem?

I knew something was fishy when everyone mass reported it at exactly the same time. Whether it was true or not at the time was irrelevant. Why leak it and then not publicly acknowledge it? Makes no sense at all if it's a deliberate leak, but regardless it's a complete hatchet job.

GodCubed. Mourinho is possible. Guardiola is possible. Even Messi is possible. INCREDIBLY unlikely, but possible. We all said the same things when linked to RVP and Mata. Stuff happens in football. It's a discussion thread to discuss about Man United.

I haven't claimed it's going to happen, or that it won't happen. I've simply said that these people are reporting this story. What is your problem?

Cool, so my amazing insider knowledge is also possible. I'm just saying in here.

RVP and Mata were unlikely. They weren't Lionel ******* Messi unlikely.

My problem is that I'm calling out your crazy links for what they are, insanely unlikely - as you admitted - and you're getting really defensive, as if you expected everyone to just go "hey that sounds amazing! BELIIIIIEVE" or something. As you said, it's a discussion thread. I was discussing the unlikeliness of the story.

Yup, for a club like United, who are meant to have a higher standard for themselves, it was pretty insulting. Lets hope they had to sack him, instead of forcing him to jump.

Lastly, it seems motivated by finances, with United reporting a loss of 3m this year, and failure to qualify for the CL would project 28m losses next season, minus whatever they will do when culling the wage bill for next season.

Cool, so my amazing insider knowledge is also possible. I'm just saying in here.

RVP and Mata were unlikely. They weren't Lionel ******* Messi unlikely.

My problem is that I'm calling out your crazy links for what they are, insanely unlikely - as you admitted - and you're getting really defensive, as if you expected everyone to just go "hey that sounds amazing! BELIIIIIEVE" or something. As you said, it's a discussion thread. I was discussing the unlikeliness of the story.

No, I'm saying there's no need for the insults and childishness. I never said they were going to happen. You can discuss the unlikeliness all you like, that's great, but don't jump down my throat for posting the link in the thread.

It's interesting the way they worded the statement too. They didn't mention "relieving him of his duties", "resignation" or "mutual consent" just that he had "left the club"...

Yup, for a club like United, who are meant to have a higher standard for themselves, it was pretty insulting. Lets hope they had to sack him, instead of forcing him to jump.

Lastly, it seems motivated by finances, with United reporting a loss of 3m this year, and failure to qualify for the CL would project 28m losses next season, minus whatever they will do when culling the wage bill for next season.
That doesn't factor in the large sponsor ship increases. The biggest of which is yet to be done. 4.5 is nothing to be honest. There was no excuse for handling it the way they did.

No, I'm saying there's no need for the insults and childishness. I never said they were going to happen. You can discuss the unlikeliness all you like, that's great, but don't jump down my throat for posting the link in the thread.

I feel like the more pertinent point is that by viewing that **** and sharing it, you're encouraging 'journalists' (loosest use of the term possible) to keep making it up.

Back