The Manchester United Thread

To be honest I don't care how he was sacked... he's damaged the club significantly in such a short period, it's been so painful that even other teams fans were flooding social media and everything else to try and keep him in the job, acting on behalf of United fans of course. I do find it ironic when Chelsea and Liverpool fans are trying to act like they have sympathy with Moyes and their clubs have never done anything of the sort in the past.

The problem here isn't how Moyes feels, it's how United end up looking. Take Klopp, for example. A man who values loyalty, as we've said here before. You think it makes United a more attractive proposition to him when he sees them virtually backstab their manager?

The Chelsea comparison is rather apt. Klopp would never go there, because they're not loyal. United doing stuff like this lowers them closer to Chelsea's level.

Oh and to GC, stop being a tool. Telegraph are one of the more reliable papers compared to others anyway. Pep Guardiola isn't totally out of this world unrealistic, we all know he wants a job in England at some point anyway. If he wins the CL to add to the Bundesliga he may well question what else he can achieve there anyway.

Yeah seems legit. Pep Guardiola leaves best club in the world after one season in which he hasn't actually won the CL quite yet. Get real.

I'm not saying it's realistic by the way, just don't be like that when he's just sharing a story which isn't out of this world unrealistic like you suggest. The messi one however... lets move on.

Cynicism seems to be a sadly rare trait nowadays.

How can people talk about moyes not living upto to Uniteds way, when we're not doing it ourselves. If you can't see or don't care how we handled it, you just sound like a Glazer to me. And that's as low as one can be regardless of how one feels about Moyes.

The club needs to move on, Moyes needed to go... how anyone can now think it was even slightly the wrong decision is beyond me.

But another thing... the ultimate wrong decision was appointing him in the first place, which of course was Fergie's fault more than anything. I honestly think it's a miracle he lasted this long.. he wouldn't at a **** load of other clubs.

The club needs to move on, Moyes needed to go... how anyone can now think it was even slightly the wrong decision is beyond me.

But another thing... the ultimate wrong decision was appointing him in the first place, which of course was Fergie's fault more than anything. I honestly think it's a miracle he lasted this long.. he wouldn't at a **** load of other clubs.

He didn't say it was the wrong decision. He's rightly uncomfortable with how the decision was handled.

How can people talk about moyes not living upto to Uniteds way, when we're not doing it ourselves. If you can't see or don't care how we handled it, you just sound like a Glazer to me. And that's as low as one can be regardless of how one feels about Moyes.

Couldn't agree more to be honest. When you hear Man Utd you think style and class. Something the Glazers took away. I look forward to seeing the Glazers doing one one day

He didn't say it was the wrong decision. He's rightly uncomfortable with how the decision was handled.

No one knows how it was handled, why are we guessing? The journalists got a sniff and latched on to it. The statement was short and to the point. I don't see how this suddenly relates to Moyes has been treated terribly.

No one knows how it was handled, why are we guessing? The journalists got a sniff and latched on to it. The statement was short and to the point. I don't see how this suddenly relates to Moyes has been treated terribly.

Because it was a full day earlier when they got their 'sniff', and Utd didn't then move to back him or sack him (they obviously had plans to, they did it the next day!), instead they said no comment, let Moyes feel the pressure of every major media source bombarding him for comment in the hope he'd recognise his failings as manager and leave to save them a few million on compensation.

They didn't get a sniff. FIVE major papers released stories containing the exact same details at the exact same time. Ask anyone who works in media and journalism, that's a briefing. The club then says nothing for a full day. Then sacks him.

Mike knows a lot more about it than I do, but even from my outsider perspective it really doesn't look good. A leak - and it seems to be a very co-ordinated leak, since every news outlet reported it at exactly the same time. Looks like an embargo to me, which indicates the club were involved - that the manager was being sacked. The club then say absolutely nothing, call Moyes in at quarter to six in the morning, spend three hours doing... something and then sack him to make all of that irrelevant anyway.

That's taken from my own knowledge of the situation, all the facts that I know, and it already looks bad. Like I said though, Mike will know more and probably has more cause to be uncomfortable.

EDIT: Well, there you are. The real cause for concern is that leak. I'd be really interested to know where that came from, because like Mike said, that's no single dude catching wind of it and taking it to the first news outlet he can find. I've been to briefings before that work exactly like that but on a far smaller scale.

Ill have to agree with you. One thing we have had at our club for ages and ages is class. And with his sacking or whatever it was the GLAZERS (who I have despised from day one) have severely tarnished that. Yes Im elated he's leaving. Yes I find him extremely annoying and I have ZERO respect for the idiot but it should not have happened this way.

Ok so he's been treated terribly (lets say although I'd like more knowledge before just concluding that). But fact is he wouldn't of lasted as long at a **** load of other clubs anyway.

United lacking class under the Glazers? That's nothing new. It's a business, modern football and it's just how it is now.

Gary Neville speaking last night about how he'd like to think we wouldn't do it and give him time just so we look better than other clubs? Oh please.... that is so out-dated and we all know it. Glazers don't look at United that way... everyone knows it. The real problem is the Glazers.. but until they are out anything of class/dignity is resting on the shoulders mostly of the next owners and their control of the club (if it ever happens).

Ok so he's been treated terribly (lets say although I'd like more knowledge before just concluding that). But fact is he wouldn't of lasted as long at a **** load of other clubs anyway.

United lacking class under the Glazers? That's nothing new. It's a business, modern football and it's just how it is now.

Gary Neville speaking last night about how he'd like to think we wouldn't do it and give him time just so we look better than other clubs? Oh please.... that is so out-dated and we all know it. Glazers don't look at United that way... everyone knows it. The real problem is the Glazers.. but until they are out anything of class/dignity is resting on the shoulders mostly of the next owners and their control of the club (if it ever happens).

There's nothing out dated about being a traditionalist and doing things the right way

Had to happen really, as i said yesterday Klopp is out the running so where do you go from here? I personally think employing within would be as bad as Moyes so Utd need to bite the bullet here and get the right man not the man which would carry on with a "tradition" otherwise they will be in the same place as they are now 12 months down the line.

Massive summer ahead for Utd now, but my personal favourite to be your next manager is none other than Rafa Benitez.

I will end by saying if this was Chelsea then they would have sacked the manager 6 months ago, got top 4 and won a trophy yet still be criticised.

all those talking about us fans lacking class.....with team sheets being leaked, the top player in the world being reported for tax evasion, and his club coming under scrutiny for fraudulent transfer dealings in the past year, on top of that Qatar being accused of paying off FIFA executives......it's clear that those who run the business are the ones who lack class - they clearly feel they can get away with anything.

Sadly, money is the only thing which helps football run in the long term at the top level.

Would be very happy with LVG has had success managed some of the top clubs/players is very good tactically and plays nice football, and on top of that he has always given youth a chance and players always seem to want to give there all for him. Only thing that worries me slightly is that he is not available till after the WC surely that will have effect on the preparation for the up and coming next season.

all those talking about us fans lacking class.....with team sheets being leaked, the top player in the world being reported for tax evasion, and his club coming under scrutiny for fraudulent transfer dealings in the past year, on top of that Qatar being accused of paying off FIFA executives......it's clear that those who run the business are the ones who lack class - they clearly feel they can get away with anything.

Sadly, money is the only thing which helps football run in the long term at the top level.

Obviously not all fans lack class-the ones who organised the plane flyover being the obvious exception. You'll get some form of a nutter at all clubs. But Glazers are dragging the club down with their behavior there is no denying and I can't wait to see them get out of the EPL. I suspect it's going to be a major wait though. But some fans behaviour and comments have just been absolutely absurd and beyond all comprehension and not worthy of the word fan.

Had to happen really, as i said yesterday Klopp is out the running so where do you go from here? I personally think employing within would be as bad as Moyes so Utd need to bite the bullet here and get the right man not the man which would carry on with a "tradition" otherwise they will be in the same place as they are now 12 months down the line.

Massive summer ahead for Utd now, but my personal favourite to be your next manager is none other than Rafa Benitez.

I will end by saying if this was Chelsea then they would have sacked the manager 6 months ago, got top 4 and won a trophy yet still be criticised.

1. Seen the "Klopp no go" rumours today too. But Id like to think that nothing's written in stone. I mean we ve only just sacked DM. If we make a good package (including finances) he may change his mind.
2. I totally agree with what you say about appointing from within. Anyway it seems that the only available option who's really interested is Van Gaal. I ve got my reservations about him but I wouldnt mind him. But again I agree with you. We should identify who we really want and go after him all guns blazing. We ve got a bit of time (couple of months tops) but lets not make last season's mistakes again when we were running to buy players at the last minute.
3. Spot on about the Chelski comment too. And Id have taken that option if it came with a top 4 finish and a nice trophy **** the criticism ...

Back