The Manchester United Thread

Was great to see Scholes driving into training today! :)

Yeh it was tho brill players dont necessarily make good coaches/managers.

I think with him Butty and Giggsy at the club its becoming clear what the board will do re the new manager. Van Gaal is 62 so he ll be brought in with these people around him who ll be groomed for 5/6 years (Giggsy mostly) to take over after ensuring continuity.

I still think we should go for Ancelotti tho (bearing in mind that Mourinho wont come).

Januzaj has chosen Belgium, not sure he deserves to be in the World cup squad.

Anyone see anything about De Sciglio been linked with us and Madrid after not been happy at the clubs poor season? My friend mentioned it at work today but struggling to find link!

I'm surprised the name Rudi Garcia from Roma hasn't really come up.

I think the papers are speculating a load of names and not really sure who we're after. Is there any remote proof we're after Van Gaal? I just can't see Fergie and Bobby saying anything positive in going for him.. maybe I'm wrong.

Yeh it was tho brill players dont necessarily make good coaches/managers.

I think with him Butty and Giggsy at the club its becoming clear what the board will do re the new manager. Van Gaal is 62 so he ll be brought in with these people around him who ll be groomed for 5/6 years (Giggsy mostly) to take over after ensuring continuity.

Right, but this is really bizzare plan that could turn out extremely toxic. I think many managers will have a problem having Giggs as assistant when he's so openly being groomed as future manager.

Probably 'cause he's happy at Roma and has a team in his image in the CL.

Roma to Manchester United is a big step no matter how you look at it. Does CL really play a big part for a manager? I wouldn't think so... if it's a project and he is getting backing in the summer then you'd imagine it will be 1 year without CL... which may suit some managers as they get to start with a pure focus on the league.

Thing is though, isn't everyone going to look at Shaw and say 'Well, this lad, 18, won **** all.. I want a new contract to stay as you're clearly desperate..'

Either that, or every new signing coming in is going to see it as a benchmark for just how in-demand their services will be, and stick an extra naught on their request :P
Not necessarily, and short answer is, good luck to them. I doubt it will work.

I'm surprised the name Rudi Garcia from Roma hasn't really come up.

I think the papers are speculating a load of names and not really sure who we're after. Is there any remote proof we're after Van Gaal? I just can't see Fergie and Bobby saying anything positive in going for him.. maybe I'm wrong.
Last I heard about Garcia Is that he is very happy at Roma and already making plans for next year and year after and wants to topple Juve. Also likes Italy and gets on well with owners

Roma to Manchester United is a big step no matter how you look at it. Does CL really play a big part for a manager? I wouldn't think so... if it's a project and he is getting backing in the summer then you'd imagine it will be 1 year without CL... which may suit some managers as they get to start with a pure focus on the league.
This project does for Garcia. He will go when its done.

Giggs shouldn't be groomed, he'll either learn as part of the backroom, or not. Let Van Gaal or whoever do their thing.

Giggs shouldn't be groomed, he'll either learn as part of the backroom, or not. Let Van Gaal or whoever do their thing.

Van Gaal wouldn't accept taking any pets to be honest. It's his way or no way.

This project does for Garcia. He will go when its done.

Seems much more realistic than Ancelotti, any good manager is going to have to be persuaded (apart from Van Gaal) because they are not available.

Just wanted your opinion mate what sort of timeline do you think the owners will leave to announce/find new manager. 2 weeks, a month?

I think they will only announce at the end of the season if it is someone already at a club.
It would unsettle the current club if they would do it before?

Back