The Manchester United Thread

I think Ferguson's error was that he thought he'd instilled something different in his team, and he could merely choose a man in his image to carry on the work, even if they were a 'lesser' name. The logic behind his decision is clear, but he had too much faith in the players.

It wasn't necessarily Ferguson's error. Its just that Moyes has started to tinker with the engine. I wouldn't say Ferguson had faith in his players, or at least not just in the players. I think its more likely that he had faith in entire operation that he put together. The whole system, the infrastructure, the coaches, rest of the staff, the internal club culture.

All this has proven to be effective and succesful for over 25 years, and then Moyes came along and frankly he just dicked around with it far too much. He promised to keep Ferguson's backroom staff around but he didn't. "No man is bigger then club" was out of the door with preferential treatment to Rooney. The loss of David Gill played a big part too, although that obviously was out of Moyes control.

Moyes tried to change too much too soon and it backfired spectacularly. You get to mold the club operation from day one when your name is Mourinho or Capello. When you're a ginger Scotsman who's still moving up in the world, probably better to just go with the flow for a while.

It wasn't necessarily Ferguson's error. Its just that Moyes has started to tinker with the engine. I wouldn't say Ferguson had faith in his players, or at least not just in the players. I think its more likely that he had faith in entire operation that he put together. The whole system, the infrastructure, the coaches, rest of the staff, the internal club culture.

All this has proven to be effective and succesful for over 25 years, and then Moyes came along and frankly he just dicked around with it far too much. He promised to keep Ferguson's backroom staff around but he didn't. "No man is bigger then club" was out of the door with preferential treatment to Rooney. The loss of David Gill played a big part too, although that obviously was out of Moyes control.

Moyes tried to change too much too soon and it backfired spectacularly. You get to mold the club operation from day one when your name is Mourinho or Capello. When you're a ginger Scotsman who's still moving up in the world, probably better to just go with the flow for a while.

I'm not sure he tried to change too much, the problem was that he changed the wrong elements.

"Thanks to the staff, thanks to the fans. To the players, suck on my Scottish **** ya wee English bawbags"

I'm not sure he tried to change too much, the problem was that he changed the wrong elements.

Yeah, it might be that. We can only wildly speculate at this point, but I'd argue that loss of Ferguson and Gill was massive enough to go out of your way and try to change as little as possible. And then firing Ferguson's staff but bringing some of his former players (Giggs and Neville i think?) ,who are still buttbuddies with current squad, was a disaster waiting to happen. Every conflict and tension probably spread around like AIDS from players to coaches and soon the man was all alone.

We never had a chance at anything this season and personally I would have been happy with a 4th place finish at the begining of the season, but too much was changed at the same time. Staff and methods which have been at the club for so long all left at the same time. Fergie, Gill, Rene, Steele, Phelan all left at he same time which meant Moyes never had a chance to get to know what made us us for the last decade+. All new staff and different way of approaching things means we won't ever be the same club we have known again and expecting Moyes to be able to keep it the same way with no real continuation aside form the players, meant un-realistic expectations were placed on him which anyone would find difficult, even if he somehow was getting results every game this position was always going to be scrutinized by everyone from the school yard to the media and the Board of Directors meeting rooms.
Too much change in to short of a time. I just hope we can get a manger in before the world cup starts so he has as much time as possible to idenitfy what needs to be done, as waiting for the WC to be over means shorter time as well as massive inflation's for any possible transfer target if they played well, on top of the fact we will most likely have to pay way more for a player now than we would if we were in the Champions League or even Europa.

Manchester United set to beat Chelsea in ?30m deal for Luke Shaw

Manchester United set to beat Chelsea in ?30m deal for Luke Shaw | Football | theguardian.com

30 Million and 100K per week for a teenager? That's way way too much but then it's not my money and Shaw is one of the best young LB in the league so why not.
Yes I a lot of cash but you we will be buying a player that could be with us for years, and about wages just sell young job sorted :) hope we get Shaw would be good start!

I still don't think it's right to have someone so young on 100k wages... Louis Van Gaal wouldn't be wanting that.

**** sake, makes 32m for Draxler look like a bargain if left backs go for that much:/

100k p/w is ridiculous! As good as he is, that's just ridiculous.

Saying that, still not as much as Ashley Young's on...

**** sake, makes 32m for Draxler look like a bargain if left backs go for that much:/

Beauty of domestic transfers within the same league. If he was Spanish that's 10-15m off his prace

Beauty of domestic transfers within the same league. If he was Spanish that's 10-15m off his prace

Alberto Moreno would cost half of that, and be on half as much in wages.

Jordi Alba went for 12 million, and costs about 50k p/w iirc

Back