The Manchester United Thread

Indeed, exactly the impression I got. Admittedly getting through Dortmund to speak to Klopp would be extremely challenging in itself but by that interview it definitely appeared like he is not ruling it out if Dortmund allow us to speak with him.

throw money at dortmund and hes the new man money talks with dortmund

throw money at dortmund and hes the new man money talks with dortmund

Woodward would be a fool not to try... Klopp is my favourite manager and he would be brilliant. My only slight concern is his first few seasons at United would be more of a rebuilding job and he hasn't had to do that before under such high pressure.

Still want him though... Klipperty Klopp all the way.

Woodward would be a fool not to try... Klopp is my favourite manager and he would be brilliant. My only slight concern is his first few seasons at United would be more of a rebuilding job and he hasn't had to do that before under such high pressure.

Still want him though... Klipperty Klopp all the way.

well it was ment to be like that with moyes its just moyes could not cope dont think klopp will be like that

well it was ment to be like that with moyes its just moyes could not cope dont think klopp will be like that

J?rgen Klopp Interview (November 2013) - YouTube

Just listen to this interview of him in English, the passion and motivation I get from him compared to Moyes is virtually not comparable. Off Moyes I got nothing.. that couldn't of helped with our players being motivated to play under Moyes either.

This interview is great though, he seems a great guy as well (Even though most people know that already).

Not just that, will Fabregas want to go back to a club which still hasn't won anything during the years he has been away? Ok you're in with a shout with FA Cup but it's not exactly the most exciting competition in the world.

Club that he feels is like his "home away from home", Wenger his "football father" and then also his gf and daughter live in London. Also on trophy front by the looks of it we are challenging for more next season compared to Utd and are all in all much better placed to challenge. Also Fabregas grew into despising Utd. There's the pizzagate aswell as other "incidents".

Barca fans want him out. Not the club as of yet. ( Compared to likes of Song/Sanchez who are for sale ). Also because of the clauses we are the first place they will come calling.

Club that he feels is like his "home away from home", Wenger his "football father" and then also his gf and daughter live in London. Also on trophy front by the looks of it we are challenging for more next season compared to Utd and are all in all much better placed to challenge. Also Fabregas grew into despising Utd. There's the pizzagate aswell as other "incidents".

Barca fans want him out. Not the club as of yet. ( Compared to likes of Song/Sanchez who are for sale ). Also because of the clauses we are the first place they will come calling.

I genuinely think Wenger isn't going to be at Arsenal much longer. Yeh I think you're wrong, Fabregas has said in interviews he likes United so... not sure about that 100%.

Don't think pizza's will come into his decision making either and maybe Arsenal financially look better but I think that's about it. If United have the signings made in summer we'd still be attractive proposition for him. Plus his team kept sending whispers to us last summer anyway that he may be available.

I genuinely think Wenger isn't going to be at Arsenal much longer. Yeh I think you're wrong, Fabregas has said in interviews he likes United so... not sure about that 100%.

Don't think pizza's will come into his decision making either and maybe Arsenal financially look better but I think that's about it. If United have the signings made in summer we'd still be attractive proposition for him. Plus his team kept sending whispers to us last summer anyway that he may be available.

I think he will be for 1-3 years still. I don't think we are financially better tbh... more money in the bank, but you generate 50-100m more in revenue...overally i think our squad is better except in striker department. His team or his agent we don't know who gave the idea to Moyes/Woodward or were they just delusional ...

"For example, I was making more money at Arsenal. But to join Barca was my dream, and I would not leave even if they [United] offered double my salary."

Not a chance. The only potential issue I can think of is if Wenger ***** off. However all the reasons he joined Barca have changed: he left to be at his boyhood club, to win trophies and to play under Pep Guardiola. Now the fans boo him, Barcelona look a somewhat spent force with Messi tired, Xavi creaking, and controversy off the pitch - and Guardiola, their most successful manager and massive attraction - now at Bayern Munich.

I'd say considering Arsenal have a percentage sale clause with him (and consequently can compete more easily financially for him), he loves the club and used to be club captain, adores Wenger, and there isn't even a proper manager at United yet, then it seems a rather unlikely prospect. Certainly not if Woodward keeps considering those "whispers" and keeps bidding ?25m for him...

Not a chance. The only potential issue I can think of is if Wenger ***** off. However all the reasons he joined Barca have changed: he left to be at his boyhood club, to win trophies and to play under Pep Guardiola. Now the fans boo him, Barcelona look a somewhat spent force with Messi tired, Xavi creaking, and controversy off the pitch - and Guardiola, their most successful manager and massive attraction - now at Bayern Munich.

I'd say considering Arsenal have a percentage sale clause with him (and consequently can compete more easily financially for him), he loves the club and used to be club captain, adores Wenger, and there isn't even a proper manager at United yet, then it seems a rather unlikely prospect. Certainly not if Woodward keeps considering those "whispers" and keeps bidding ?25m for him...

Yea was looking for that interview. That 50% sell on fee makes it pretty easy as it doesn't make sense to Barca unless Utd go with bid of 60m or more.

I'd be amazed if Fabregas went to United. There's the choice between Arsenal, a club he still adores with a manager he completely respects, a fanbase who still love him and the club still in with a shout of silverware and front-runners for fourth spot. Or he could choose United, who are in complete disarray, with no manager, no Europe and perhaps somehow most pertinently traditional rivals of Arsenal.

If he was to leave Barcelona - unlikely in itself - to come to England - not a given either - then to go to United right now wouldn't make a huge amount of sense. The guy's nearly 27, after all; the next move he'd make would probably be the last of his peak years.

I'd be amazed if Fabregas went to United. There's the choice between Arsenal, a club he still adores with a manager he completely respects, a fanbase who still love him and the club still in with a shout of silverware and front-runners for fourth spot. Or he could choose United, who are in complete disarray, with no manager, no Europe and perhaps somehow most pertinently traditional rivals of Arsenal.

If he was to leave Barcelona - unlikely in itself - to come to England - not a given either - then to go to United right now wouldn't make a huge amount of sense. The guy's nearly 27, after all; the next move he'd make would probably be the last of his peak years.

If there was a time, it was last season.

Fabregas will wait out the WC, find out who the new Barca manager will be, then make his decision. But that decision will be to either stay, or join le Arsenal.

I don't think one bad season counts as United in disarray.. a bit O.T.T. Did anyone expect us to win anything this year? I didn't. I just expected better from Moyes with tactics and the players performing better to earn top 4.

Fabregas will wait out the WC, find out who the new Barca manager will be, then make his decision. But that decision will be to either stay, or join le Arsenal.

Absolutely. Should have stayed at Arsenal to be honest. They'd have won the title by now.

I don't think one bad season counts as United in disarray.. a bit O.T.T. Did anyone expect us to win anything this year? I didn't. I just expected better from Moyes with tactics and the players performing better to earn top 4.

By today's standards, United's aren't so much in disarray as imploding.

In fact, by United's standards you're not far off that. I'm afraid this season has been a disaster. I'm not one to overuse adjectives so liberally - the people who claim Arsenal are in crisis every season when they lose two or three in a row is ******* infuriating - but yes, United are in disarray. You have no manager, just endured the worst season in my living memory, the team look disjointed and woefully inadequate.

Had Moyes come fifth with a few draws from winning positions and some promising but fruitless play nobody would've blinked. But this season, where pretty much nobody other than De Gea and Januzaj even got close to covering themselves in glory and everything went wrong at once? That's nearing full on crisis levels.

Absolutely. Should have stayed at Arsenal to be honest. They'd have won the title by now.

Easy to say in hindsight, and that's a big supposition. Besides, the pull of Barca must be irresistible to a boyhood fan. Bet you he doesn't regret it even slightly.

The title was always going to be a lot shot due to the resurgence of Chelsea and now City, but I'd certainly say such a talented player and a club talisman in midfield would have been an upgrade on the lads we had at the time. Players like Denilson who couldn't give a ****, for example.

Top four finish and Moyes would have kept his job. If you finish seventh, then yes that's disarray. No doubt you'll improve massively next season, but it is disarray.

Back