The Manchester United Thread

Well of course but look at Moyes demeanour from day one. I mean he thought nothing of saying about when he was told by SAF that he would get the job that "the blood drained from my face". That exudes fear and trepidation ... Idiocy of the highest order undermining himself like this from day one ...

To be fair to him, following Sir Alex Ferguson is a lot harder than, say, following David Moyes.

Yup. He killed it. Very comfortable on the camera, knows exactly what to say and completely unflappable during harder questions.

[video=youtube_share;khQdPhwL0oI]http://youtu.be/khQdPhwL0oI[/video]
when you spend 20 years around Ferguson, you learn a few things. BTW he moved the conferences back to where Ferguson took then, and took it at the exact time Ferguson liked to as well.

To be fair to him, following Sir Alex Ferguson is a lot harder than, say, following David Moyes.

Still even if the blood did drain from his face its not rocket science to realise he should NOT ADMIT IT IN PUBLIC!

Hopefully not.

Why ****** not??? Conte would be great and he most likely would encourage the whole class of 92 thing being involved.

I've always rated Conte quite highly as a manager, I don't understand why you'd say that as we could do far worse and lets be honest we don't have many options anyway.

Van Gaal is a dictator, if you think he's going to come in without getting exactly what he wants you are mistaken.

Calcomercato had some breaking news later this morning, saying that Conte will be new United manager. I can't find it anymore.

Is he reliable never heard of him? I wouldn't mind Conte at all, good manager.

Why ****** not??? Conte would be great and he most likely would encourage the whole class of 92 thing being involved.

I've always rated Conte quite highly as a manager, I don't understand why you'd say that as we could do far worse and lets be honest we don't have many options anyway.

Van Gaal is a dictator, if you think he's going to come in without getting exactly what he wants you are mistaken.

people are overstating the dictator part of van Gaal. Bear in mind the Bayern board are far more interfering than ours.

people are overstating the dictator part of van Gaal. Bear in mind the Bayern board are far more interfering than ours.

Yeh Van Gaal will still want control of virtually everything... so that could rule the whole Giggs as a coach thing out possibly.

But why not Conte?

Van Gaal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>... Conte.

Yeh Van Gaal will still want control of virtually everything... so that could rule the whole Giggs as a coach thing out possibly.

But why not Conte?

Van Gaal said he likes to keep at least 1 coach from previous team to help him in identifying young player ready to step up. Not sure why anyone would sack Giggs when he knows in and out of club more than anyone.

Conte to United would be a better fit. Is there actually any credible source that we've approached Van Gaal?

Stop asking for credible sources if you don't believe any paper. You can find it on Guardian, Telegraph, Times, Independent.

Is there any credible sources that we have approached Conte?

Stop asking for credible sources if you don't believe any paper. You can find it on Guardian, Telegraph, Times, Independent.

Is there any credible sources that we have approached Conte?

I do believe credible journalists, Ogden for one.

Idk bout Matt Law has said we are... but idk much about him and whether he's credible.

But why not Conte?

But again, its not every bit of control. he likes more control than your average continental manager, he also likes youth and continuity. His style is actually quite dependent on it. so its unlikely he would rip up all the 92. And considering what happened when moyes made his changes, even more unlikely the club would allow him to.

Can someone explain to me how Van Gaal sets up his teams? lets say he took over us, would he play out and out wingers? would he be able to fit Mata Kagawa and Januzaj in the same starting 11? how would he play them?

Can someone explain to me how Van Gaal sets up his teams? lets say he took over us, would he play out and out wingers? would he be able to fit Mata Kagawa and Januzaj in the same starting 11? how would he play them?
4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, even 4-4-2 diamond

Lingaard having a good game for Brighton atm. Good runs and few nice passes and dribbles, nearly had a goal apart from a great block. Hope he is near 1st team next season, cant do anymore too impress really.

Back