The Manchester United Thread

Sad day - Tito Villanova has lost his battle with cancer. Puts everything into correct perspective.

Good man and - with the way he conducted his life - an example to all of us.

Died too early; RIP.

Last edited:
Don't know about Conte, I'm not too impressed with the evolution of his Juve squad. First seasons he was brilliant but lately he went full AVB and fell in love with his system at expense of the team.

tbf mirallas does have a point

by his logic, sterling, barkley, lallana and rodriguez shouldn't be picked for the world cup - but I'd rather Hodgson called them up instead of Cleverley.
The last Belgium squad had Dembele and Chadli - going by Tottenham's players this season, I'd say Januzaj would be a significant improvement.

Mirallas is probably worried that Wilmots would play Januzaj on the wings.

by his logic, sterling, barkley, lallana and rodriguez shouldn't be picked for the world cup - but I'd rather Hodgson called them up instead of Cleverley.

And that'd be why England never goes further than quarter-finals.

tbf mirallas does have a point
You don't tell your boss what to do though. I thought it is an unwritten rule everywhere, but maybe that does not apply to football where prima donnas reign supreme.

Considering Belgium dont have many like him, seems odd not to take him in the 23.

Fergie in support of Giggs and not of Van Gaal becoming the manager... I knew it would be like that.

Fergie's a fool if he thinks Giggs is anywhere near ready enough to be a United manager.. he's had no ****** experience.

Hopefully the Glazers don't take much from Fergie's opinion or it may be another real dodgy season if Giggs does get it.

Fergie in support of Giggs and not of Van Gaal becoming the manager... I knew it would be like that.

Fergie's a fool if he thinks Giggs is anywhere near ready enough to be a United manager.. he's had no ****** experience.

Hopefully the Glazers don't take much from Fergie's opinion or it may be another real dodgy season if Giggs does get it.

The only advantages Giggs would have over any other manager is that all the other players would genuinely respect and fear him, and he'd able to perceive things and read the game from a player's point of view.

The only advantages Giggs would have over any other manager is that all the other players would genuinely respect and fear him, and he'd able to perceive things and read the game from a player's point of view.

Hmm, I personally don't buy into this whole class of 92 thing coming back, obviously it's ok for the 4 meaningless games. Great players don't necessarily great coaches or managers, the only thing I would want to happen is a new manager who comes in to perhaps take one of them and bring his own proven quality coaching staff.

TAKE NO MORE GAMBLES.

Hmm, I personally don't buy into this whole class of 92 thing coming back, obviously it's ok for the 4 meaningless games. Great players don't necessarily great coaches or managers, the only thing I would want to happen is a new manager who comes in to perhaps take one of them and bring his own proven quality coaching staff.

TAKE NO MORE GAMBLES.

I wasn't necessarily stating that Giggs should be long-term manager now.

van Gaal should take over - 6 to 7 years, with the class of '92 as part of his backroom staff (bring Gary Neville in if possible) and then Giggs should take over when van Gaal decides to retire (assuming his reign is successful)

**** it, everton are losing....
makes it all the more difficult for us to get into europa league

TAKE NO MORE GAMBLES.

the last manager did bring his quality staff, and you complained about it. And we've kept two of them (Chris Wood and Phil Neville)

Last edited:
For the record, Giggs was player coach last season, Phil Neville was already a coach at Everton, Scholes had taken the Under 21s, and Nicky **** was working with the youth team.

He did work this year as a coach, tbh. He also has more experience as a player then any one man in history of the planet, and that's not nothing.

I'd argue that he would definitely need very experienced DoF to back him up, though. If he were instantly given all the power SAF had, the learning curve might indeed be too much.

TAKE NO MORE GAMBLES.

Van Gaal is also a bit of a gamble though.

Not long now. Got good feeling about these last 4 games OT will be rocking today :)

De Gea
Jones,Evans,Vidic,Evra
Nani,Carrick,Mata,Januzaj
Welbeck,Rooney

In a 442 formation full attack mode! Prediced score 4-0 :)

Back