The Manchester United Thread

We should defo not be looking at players like Fer! And he has been pretty poor this season tbh.

Fer is very good tbh. And its not that crazy if Van Gaal arrives. Fer is loved by Van Gaal, and Van Gaal loves a box to box man. He has one EVERYWHERE he goes. If he wasnt injured, he probably go and ask the board to bid for Strootman. Not beyond the impossible that if say Cleverley left, Fer came in. Indeed he might work hard on Cleverley's development.

Giggs speaks so well never rattled or awkward in his answers. I would not mind if he got the job tbh he has enough experience and experience around him. Woody really has to step up for me this time round. And would the players really want to play for LVG and the way he might try to change to much?

I doubt it, and he shouldnt. He should however be the one after Van Gaal

No he shouldn't, Klopp should. If Giggs goes manages elsewhere and proves himself fine but United isn't the place to try out new managers.

the last manager did bring his quality staff, and you complained about it. And we've kept two of them (Chris Wood and Phil Neville)

Mike that's nonsense and you know it. Steve Round is a quality coach and assistant manager? You have low standards for a United coach.

Also Van Gaal's would be more experienced, Phil Neville has little so therefore isn't a quality coach at all and a Chris Woods well... not sure what he's like so won't comment but Eric Steele had no reason to go anyway.

Then you somehow forgot the other 2 "quality coaches" you class them as who Moyes brought who have now gladly vacated along with him. Steve Round and Jimmy Lumsden are more a Norwich standard than United.

Of course I ****** complained... at the time we actually had some great coaches before Moyes decided to replace them with a much lesser standard, refer back to the names I mentioned above.. Lumsden and Round hahaha.

I don't want a manager to bring in the coaching staff if they are terrible for a United standard. Van Gaal's obviously would be a lot better standard than Moyes's.

Last edited:
Mike that's nonsense and you know it. Steve Round is a quality coach and assistant manager? You have low standards for a United coach.

Also Van Gaal's would be more experienced, Phil Neville has little so therefore isn't a quality coach at all and a Chris Woods well... not sure what he's like so won't comment but Eric Steele had no reason to go anyway.

Then you somehow forgot the other 2 "quality coaches" you class them as who Moyes brought who have now gladly vacated along with him. Steve Round and Jimmy Lumsden are more a Norwich standard than United.

Of course I ****** complained... at the time we actually had some great coaches before Moyes decided to replace them with a much lesser standard, refer back to the names I mentioned above.. Lumsden and Round hahaha.

I don't want a manager to bring in the coaching staff if they are terrible for a United standard. Van Gaal's obviously would be a lot better standard than Moyes's.

How do you know who is quality coach and who isn't? Did you see any training conducted by them?

Also re your point about ManUtd isn't the place to try out new manager, ManUtd is such a huge club today because of a manager who was appointed without any prior experience. Sir Matt Busby.

How do you know who is quality coach and who isn't? Did you see any training conducted by them?

Also re your point about ManUtd isn't the place to try out new manager, ManUtd is such a huge club today because of a manager who was appointed without any prior experience. Sir Matt Busby.

Really silly moot points.

1) You're telling me if he brought for example Patrick Kluivert as his assistant that wouldn't be better than ******* Steve Round?

2) Yeh well done chap... well done. But it's not even the same ****** era.... this is modern-day football... one bad season and he's most likely gone. Do you really want to shatter a legend like that? No. He's not ready, let him grow in a less pressure capacity and see how he does.

Cleverley for Hernandez sub while already leading 3-0, just about sums up what Moyes was missing.

Really silly moot points.

1) You're telling me if he brought for example Patrick Kluivert as his assistant that wouldn't be better than ******* Steve Round?

2) Yeh well done chap... well done. But it's not even the same ****** era.... this is modern-day football... one bad season and he's most likely gone. Do you really want to shatter a legend like that? No. He's not ready, let him grow in a less pressure capacity and see how he does.

1. Again, how do you know? Have you seen what Round has done or what were his inputs. How is Kluviert any better than Round? Just because he was a good striker back in 90s? Shearer must be a genius coach then.

2. Well Barca is not a club for appointing manager without experience, they hired Pep and rest was history. I'm not saying Giggs should be manager as I want Van Gaal more than anyone but this "ManUtd is not the club to try new manager" is non sense IMO. If board believes Giggs has the ability then they have every right to take the risk as he knows club better than anyone. Again, not something I love to see.

How any United fan can not fall in love with the idea of Giggs one day managing us is beyond me.

zzeezzy, so he goes and 'proves' himself at a lesser club and comes back? I thought Moyes never deserved the United job because he was never proven at a big club? Where the **** do you think big managers come from if big clubs don't take a chance on them?

Was just about to have a cheeky tenner on giggs to be next boss because when I looked the other day he was 25s, he is now 4-1 van gaal is 1/4.

1. Again, how do you know? Have you seen what Round has done or what were his inputs. How is Kluviert any better than Round? Just because he was a good striker back in 90s? Shearer must be a genius coach then.

2. Well Barca is not a club for appointing manager without experience, they hired Pep and rest was history. I'm not saying Giggs should be manager as I want Van Gaal more than anyone but this "ManUtd is not the club to try new manager" is non sense IMO. If board believes Giggs has the ability then they have every right to take the risk as he knows club better than anyone. Again, not something I love to see.

So you're saying no one can pass judgement on a coach unless we've specifically been under them? Ok we can't discuss this any further then.

This is like a critical time for United... mess this appointment and summer up and it could effect the next decade. Taking a gamble on Giggs is not something that should be done... but it wouldn't surprise me at all if it happened because I'm sure Fergie and Bobby are fully behind it and not Van Gaal.

It's utterly stupid if we do it though IMO taking risks like this is crazy.

How any United fan can not fall in love with the idea of Giggs one day managing us is beyond me.

zzeezzy, so he goes and 'proves' himself at a lesser club and comes back? I thought Moyes never deserved the United job because he was never proven at a big club? Where the **** do you think big managers come from if big clubs don't take a chance on them?

Too good to be true isn't it? 4 friends enjoying their football together and getting back together as coaches to help the club. Imagine Neville and Becks back as coaches.

I said a less pressure capacity, have you not read the last few pages. I've said all a long my preferred choice if to get an experienced manager with some quality coaches and to keep 1 of the class of 92. Obviously Giggs would be the ideal one.

So you're saying no one can pass judgement on a coach unless we've specifically been under them? Ok we can't discuss this any further then.

This is like a critical time for United... mess this appointment and summer up and it could effect the next decade. Taking a gamble on Giggs is not something that should be done... but it wouldn't surprise me at all if it happened because I'm sure Fergie and Bobby are fully behind it and not Van Gaal.

It's utterly stupid if we do it though IMO taking risks like this is crazy.

How can you be so sure about what they have done without anything to support your argument?

I agree this is very crucial appointment, so hopefully it's Van Gaal and with Giggs, Scholes as coaches.

I said a less pressure capacity, have you not read the last few pages. I've said all a long my preferred choice if to get an experienced manager with some quality coaches and to keep 1 of the class of 92. Obviously Giggs would be the ideal one.

So you want Scholes out? Giggs, Scholes just commands respect from everyone and it would be young player's dream to work with them.

How can you be so sure about what they have done without anything to support your argument?

I agree this is very crucial appointment, so hopefully it's Van Gaal and with Giggs, Scholes as coaches.

ITS ****** PATRICK KLUIVERT...... HE IS AWESOME.

What job is he going to get to prove himself to your astronomically high standards which isn't high pressure? The perfect low pressure job is to ply his trade and learn within the club a-la Guardiola and Tito at Barca, and then step up.

So you want Scholes out? Giggs, Scholes just commands respect from everyone and it would be young player's dream to work with them.

Yeh Scholes if we can fit him in... but not sure Van Gaal would allow 2.

Back