The Manchester United Thread

What job is he going to get to prove himself to your astronomically high standards which isn't high pressure? The perfect low pressure job is to ply his trade and learn within the club a-la Guardiola and Tito at Barca, and then step up.

Doesn't less pressure capacity mean the position somewhere under the manager as a coach or perhaps assistant if Van Gaal allows it? Or am I talking a different language.

hmmm but how do you know he is a better assistant than Steve round? Steve round is a pretty well respected coach to be fair so I'm not sure how you can say this

If he gets praised by Thierry Henry then that's good enough for me.

Doesn't less pressure capacity mean the position somewhere under the manager as a coach or perhaps assistant if Van Gaal allows it? Or am I talking a different language.

No he shouldn't, Klopp should. If Giggs goes manages elsewhere and proves himself fine but United isn't the place to try out new managers.

hmmm but how do you know he is a better assistant than Steve round? Steve round is a pretty well respected coach to be fair so I'm not sure how you can say this

His reasoning seems to be, well he was a better/more well known player therefore a better coach.

Yeh because it's 2 different scenario's that have come up from different people over the last pages.

Regarding no.1 I was referring to what should happen with Giggs.

Regarding no.2 if a new manager comes in the aim shouldn't be to have Giggs as manager in 3 or 4 years it should be Klopp.

How can you all want Giggs as manager so badly? It's beyond me. Lets just take a gamble and **** the next decade up.

Van Gaal isn't any old pork scratching... I'm sure he wouldn't pick Kluivert as his assistant if he was as bad as Steve Round.

How do you want me to answer this? Kluivert is on another level to Round, I can guarantee that. Kluivert as a manager has won stuff with Dutch teams even if it's in reserve teams it's more than Round has ever done.

Yeh because it's 2 different scenario's that have come up from different people over the last pages.

Regarding no.1 I was referring to what should happen with Giggs.

Regarding no.2 if a new manager comes in the aim shouldn't be to have Giggs as manager in 3 or 4 years it should be Klopp.

How can you all want Giggs as manager so badly? It's beyond me. Lets just take a gamble and **** the next decade up.

It's the exact same scenario. Regarding no.1, you're saying this is what should happen with Giggs, which is what Mike said in the first place, and which you disagreed with. In the past 2 pages you said he should both manage somewhere else first and prove himself, or develop in a low pressure scenario - which? He can't do both.

How you can't not want Giggs is utterly beyond me. He'll forever be adored by United fans, I don't know how that's missed you.

It's the exact same scenario. Regarding no.1, you're saying this is what should happen with Giggs, which is what Mike said in the first place, and which you disagreed with. In the past 2 pages you said he should both manage somewhere else first and prove himself, or develop in a low pressure scenario - which? He can't do both.

How you can't not want Giggs is utterly beyond me. He'll forever be adored by United fans, I don't know how that's missed you.

No Scenario 1 is he stays in the club but in a lesser role but accepts the fact that we aim for Klopp in 3 or 4 years.

Scenario 2 is Giggs doesn't remain at all for the next few years when a new manager comes in, he proves himself elsewhere and if he does something we aim for him instead of Klopp.

Klopp will be taken in 3/4 years, i give him 2 more at Dortmund and then poached. Van Gaal will still have the united job in two. Klopp = pipedream at this point.

Last edited:
No Scenario 1 is he stays in the club but in a lesser role but accepts the fact that we aim for Klopp in 3 or 4 years.

Scenario 2 is Giggs doesn't remain at all for the next few years when a new manager comes in, he proves himself elsewhere and if he does something we aim for him instead of Klopp.

We were talking about him ultimately becoming manager. Scenario 1 doesn't fit in with that, so it's irrelevant. How can you aim for Klopp 4 years down the line? All sorts could have happened in that time.

Try removing your nose from Klopp's **** when you've probably seen Dortmund play less than 10 times, and redirect it in the direction of someone who's lived and breathed United for his entire life.

Van Gaal isn't any old pork scratching... I'm sure he wouldn't pick Kluivert as his assistant if he was as bad as Steve Round.

How do you want me to answer this? Kluivert is on another level to Round, I can guarantee that. Kluivert as a manager has won stuff with Dutch teams even if it's in reserve teams it's more than Round has ever done.

You are talking nonsense as per usual we get it you hate Moyes you hate anything to do with him and his ill fated time at united, but there is no way on gods green earth you can say you guarantee that Patrick Kluivert is a better assistant than Steve Round. Round is a well respected coach in his own right. kluivert is learning his trade and just because he won the reserve league with fc twente does not mean he is better coach than round you have no basis to make this on at all and are just using it to have yet another dig at the moyes set up.

You are talking nonsense as per usual we get it you hate Moyes you hate anything to do with him and his ill fated time at united, but there is no way on gods green earth you can say you guarantee that Patrick Kluivert is a better assistant than Steve Round. Round is a well respected coach in his own right. kluivert is learning his trade and just because he won the reserve league with fc twente does not mean he is better coach than round you have no basis to make this on at all and are just using it to have yet another dig at the moyes set up.

How doesn't it? I make that Kluivert achieving something and Round hasn't?

We were talking about him ultimately becoming manager. Scenario 1 doesn't fit in with that, so it's irrelevant. How can you aim for Klopp 4 years down the line? All sorts could have happened in that time.

Try removing your nose from Klopp's **** when you've probably seen Dortmund play less than 10 times, and redirect it in the direction of someone who's lived and breathed United for his entire life.

You want a totally unproven and inexperienced manager then expect more of the same. Simple.

Alan Curbishley once won the old first division championship with Charlton. Let's hire him.

Alan Curbishley actually isn't all that bad.

OK THEN FINE... WE CANT JUDGE ANY COACH IN THIS THREAD EVER. SORRY FOR NOT BEING COACHED BY EITHER OF THEM JUST TAKING STUFF FROM SOURCES FOR INFORMATION OF HOW THEY ARE AS COACHES. I FORGOT THAT IS HOW IT WORKS.

di matteo won the champions league I suppose that makes him a better manager than klopp then?

No cos Klopp has won more still and with a better philosophy/style of play.

Any old manager can park a bus and hope for the best.

Back