The Manchester United Thread

May have taken to long but we got a good deal nonetheless
At what cost though? The deal was supposed to be practically done before the first leg. So without the ******* about over a few million, he potentially could have been available for Liverpool and Burnley. Considering our performance against Liverpool, its not unreasonable to think we may have gotten something out of the game with Bruno. Then who knows against Burnley. Thats without the games already played this month that he could have been available for had we got the deal done early as it should have been.

At the end of the day top 4 is a must. Thats where the big money is. So have we done ourselves any favours haggling over a few million when we could potentially lose out on tens of millions by not having him in the team earlier and being closer to the top 4?

Obviously its all guesswork but I can't help but feel we have shot ourself in the foot by dragging it out over what is essentially pennies to us.

At what cost though? The deal was supposed to be practically done before the first leg. So without the ******* about over a few million, he potentially could have been available for Liverpool and Burnley. Considering our performance against Liverpool, its not unreasonable to think we may have gotten something out of the game with Bruno. Then who knows against Burnley. Thats without the games already played this month that he could have been available for had we got the deal done early as it should have been.

At the end of the day top 4 is a must. Thats where the big money is. So have we done ourselves any favours haggling over a few million when we could potentially lose out on tens of millions by not having him in the team earlier and being closer to the top 4?

Obviously its all guesswork but I can't help but feel we have shot ourself in the foot by dragging it out over what is essentially pennies to us.
Will see come the end of the season. Still think we will get top 4. Chelsea can’t get there targets in. We now have Fernandes and after the break will soon have our 3 key players back.

On signings Simon Stoney just said Utd are working hard to get a fwd in. They have a few targets but time is ticking

Hirst from the Times saying we failed to agree a deal with Piatek due to the length of the loan spell. We wanted 18 months and they wanted only 6 with the option to buy.

Now saying we are in talks with Rondons agent for a deal till the end of the season

Hirst from the Times saying we failed to agree a deal with Piatek due to the length of the loan spell. We wanted 18 months and they wanted only 6 with the option to buy.

Now saying we are in talks with Rondons agent for a deal till the end of the season

Rondon...please God no

We can do better than Rondon. He scored like 30 goals in 145 apps...hardly prolific
He got 50 gls/assist in 140 games playing for absolute turf teams. I’m sure we could get a decent return from him for 6 months. His record before coming to the prem was good also. Averaging a goal/ assist every 2 matches. Not bad imo he’s only just turned 30 is a physical beast and great in the air. Rather him than no one. Obviously wouldn’t be my first choice but they aren’t available

Just get him. We all know the potential he has and if the club wants him for 18 months they must be looking at keeping him. As long as its not a compulsory buy then get him for 6 months and re-evaluate at the end of the season. The likes of Rondon and Ighalo are only going to be 6 month deals anyway so why pass up the opportunity to get a good young striker in with the potential to keep? Stupid again.

Just get him. We all know the potential he has and if the club wants him for 18 months they must be looking at keeping him. As long as its not a compulsory buy then get him for 6 months and re-evaluate at the end of the season. The likes of Rondon and Ighalo are only going to be 6 month deals anyway so why pass up the opportunity to get a good young striker in with the potential to keep? Stupid again.
I don’t understand what’s stupid?

I don’t understand what’s stupid?
The fact they aren't going after a good young striker that we could well end up keeping for the sake of an extra year loan, but will happily go for rondon or ighalo that will only be for 6 months anyway with no intention of keeping. I know who is rather have and put my time into

The fact they aren't going after a good young striker that we could well end up keeping for the sake of an extra year loan, but will happily go for rondon or ighalo that will only be for 6 months anyway with no intention of keeping. I know who is rather have and put my time into
Sorry I’m with the club on this one 6 months isn’t enough sample size. Yes he’s shown potential but he’s also shown to be incredibly inconsistent and to suit only certain style of play.

Rather take someone to do a job short term then work on something for the summer.

Sorry I’m with the club on this one 6 months isn’t enough sample size. Yes he’s shown potential but he’s also shown to be incredibly inconsistent and to suit only certain style of play.

Rather take someone to do a job short term then work on something for the summer.
Thats why I said just get him in for the 6 months and re-evaluate at the end of the season. We are going to let whoever we get in go at the end of the season anyway, so why not get him (who is just as likely to be as hit and miss as the others) but at least with him and his age we are getting a closer look at a good young player that we could invest in.

Thats why I said just get him in for the 6 months and re-evaluate at the end of the season. We are going to let whoever we get in go at the end of the season anyway, so why not get him (who is just as likely to be as hit and miss as the others) but at least with him and his age we are getting a closer look at a good young player that we could invest in.
They wanted cash now or guaranteed fee at the end of the 6 months that’s why Hertha are getting him they have agreed a cash deal.

Would rather look at Maxi Gomez or Luka Jovic.

They wanted cash now or guaranteed fee at the end of the 6 months that’s why Hertha are getting him they have agreed a cash deal.

Would rather look at Maxi Gomez or Luka Jovic.
Ok. Thats not what you said before. You said 6 months with option to buy. But we wanted 18 months. If thats the case then fair enough. My personal opinion though I think he's got enough potential to take a punt on especially at the price. Also young enough to sell on if it doesn't work out.

Ok. Thats not what you said before. You said 6 months with option to buy. But we wanted 18 months. If thats the case then fair enough. My personal opinion though I think he's got enough potential to take a punt on especially at the price. Also young enough to sell on if it doesn't work out.
Sorry my bad for not explaining that properly in the original post.

United officially confirm Bruno Fernandes deal
United have officially complete transfer of Bruno Fernandes on a five-and-a-half year contract with the option of an additional year.

Bruno Fernandes said:

“My love of Manchester United really started when I used to watch Cristiano Ronaldo play and ever since then I have been a big fan of this great club. For me to now play for Manchester United feels incredible, I have worked hard to get to this moment and I can promise the fans that I will give everything for the badge to help bring us more success and trophies. I want to thank Sporting for everything they have done for me. It is surreal to hear the nice words that have been said about me from players that used to play for this team. A massive thank you to Ole and everyone at Manchester United for the trust they have shown in me and I can’t wait to start to repay that on the pitch.”

Makes it all the more frustrating that we have dragged the deal on all month haggling over a few million when nobody would bat an eyelid if he was on double those wages. So in most people's eyes we have saved a **** load of money on that already.
98% of world population have no idea what million dollars look like.