The Manchester United Thread

U18s team to play Blackburn at 11

Mee; Neville, Hockenhull, Hardley, Denham, Svidersky, Forson, Savage, Haygarth, Igbal, Sotona

Subs: Mastny, Stanley, Hoogewerf, Kai Corbertt(?), Gallagher

Youngest u18s side we have ever put out for a league match.

Been a tough half for this young u18s side but have done well enough to keep it at 0-0 more down to Mee in goal producing some top saves.

CM Haygarth playing up top is getting bullied big time by there CBs and isn’t providing any platform to build attacks.

Savage and Svidersky have done well defensively in CM but have been closed down well forcing there passing to be wayward.

Neville and Hockenhull been absolute dogshit liabilities at the back again bailed out by Denham
and Hardley.

On the odd occasion we have had some attacks Forson, Sotona and especially Iqbal have shown some class.

Would like to see Hoogewerf on for Haygarth up top and Kai Corbett on trial from West Ham com on in CM.

Haygarth and Savage off. Stanley and Corbett on 0-0 after 60 mins.

Edit: Sub Kai Corbett score a banger 62 mins in 0-1 Utd

Iqbal who has been sensational off after 75 min for Hoogewerf

FT 0-1 Utd. Huge win for this young u18s side. Great debut for new signing Corbett grabbing the winner and making a huge difference in the second half.

Last edited:
jb8521
@jb_8521
United u16s beat Blackburn 4-1 with Mateo Mejia scoring all 4

This is the lad we signed in the summer from Real Zaragoza who scored 68 gls for them in the Spanish youth league last season. Not a bad way to return to us from being injured all season except for 1 appearance 15 min cameo :)

Neville gone off on one regarding the Ighalo signing. I can see his point of view, club knew since last March Lukaku was leaving and haven't still sorted that position out.

Jesus, uninspired half of football if ever I've seen one.

We lack intensity in our play, there is no tempo to anything we do, allow Wolves to reset in their shape every time. Ole just sitting there, holding his knees, need to motivate them more I'm afraid.

Anyone else think we desperately need a winger probably mores than a striker in January? Our options are non-existent. Dan James looks a lost boy.

We lack intensity in our play, there is no tempo to anything we do, allow Wolves to reset in their shape every time. Ole just sitting there, holding his knees, need to motivate them more I'm afraid.

Anyone else think we desperately need a winger probably mores than a striker in January? Our options are non-existent. Dan James looks a lost boy.
Sad part about it is I've seen worse first halves from is this season.

The tempo is lethargic to say the least. Why are the players afraid to cross a ball?

What we need is Mctominay, Pogba back ASAP get a functioning midfield the rest will click. Feel sorry for James bought as one for the future and to play apart and he’s having to play most games. No surprising he’s been inconsistent. Odion would make a huge difference in these types of matches.

Sad part about it is I've seen worse first halves from is this season.

The tempo is lethargic to say the least. Why are the players afraid to cross a ball?
Classic case of 2 teams being better without the ball. And 2 teams in shocking league form. It’s about what I expected tbh.

Two teams of similar, if not the same quality. It was expected to be a tight game. On to the next one.
Also, Pereira needs a benching. McTom and Pogba will be huge upgrades.

Two teams of similar, if not the same quality. It was expected to be a tight game. On to the next one.
Also, Pereira needs a benching. McTom and Pogba will be huge upgrades.
Sums up how I feel mate. And went exactly how I thought it would go. Onto the next like you say.

Top 4 hopes will be over after the next game anyway, we're ****** useless. Club going absolutely nowhere.