The Manchester United Thread

how have you not spent any this did all your outgoings cover your incomings?

We just had took last summer off from the transfer market. It’s how we roll. ? Joking aside, combination of the right players weren’t available and the problem of how do you improve on the beat squad currently in football?

The only signings we made for cash were future proofing with Elliott and van den Berg. Adrian was literally picked up off the street as a FA. Minamino was added January for a whopping £7.2 million.

I was just messing on Tottenham of course. Ridiculously great season last year to get the European Cup Final and mirror that up with also getting the CL spot through the league.

And also, the disrespect to say Poch is not an upgrade over OGS ???. C'mon now lads. Now you can criticize Poch's lack of silverware but you can't deny the impact he had at spurs. He turned them from a banter side, the side you never worried about when it came to sniffing trophies, to a side able to match the best sides in Europe on a consistent basis. He turned them into a serious threat. The players never "stopped playing for him", they squad just needed a refresh which he never got. He spent 350 million pounds over how many years at spurs? 6.5 years? That's barely £60 million a season which is nothing these days. Spurs still competed consistently against teams that would spend £150 million a season. That, imo, is a success.

Ask yourselves this question: would you trust OGS, a manager who got Cardiff relegated, with the job of a rebuild? Or Poch, a manager who pretty much rebuilt a team to compete with teams spending relatively larger sums? He'd get backed better at United than he did at spurs so that'll be interesting.

We can't finish above Sheff Utd with Ole in charge mate.

With absolutely no disrespect intended to Sheff Utd (Observation- When anyone says that, however genuine, there invariably is disrespect attached. Shrugs), who have been an absolute pleasure this season and the biggest story for me in the league outside the ridiculous things, L'pool are doing;), that should NEVER be the case that they're looking down on Utd. Solsjaer alone has sent more money than a lifetime of Sheffield transfers.

Here's one fo yer ..... How is he escaping criticism from ex-players? Even Keane is shying away from that and Keaners as straight forward and plain talking as they come. He doesn't care who he upsets to voice what he believes in. I just don't get that? I mean I understand loyalty to yer mates and all. But if these guys are as pro-Utd as they claim, how can they not be critical when it's both as bad as this. And regressing every season under him?

Very good win last night. Maguire was lucky tbh. Other than that we were the better team. 2 great headed gls and crosses to match. Fred outstanding again. Bailly impressed after being out so long.

United was lucky. Two blatant decisions went to you. VAR was supposed to bring in fairness but, dissolved goal and no red to Harry(there must be some kind for ban coming in for him)

Very good win last night. Maguire was lucky tbh. Other than that we were the better team. 2 great headed gls and crosses to match. Fred outstanding again. Bailly impressed after being out so long.

I mean we played well but were we really the better team? Chelsea had the lion share of the game and chances, we just took the two we had which were both against the run of play.

Not trying to take anything away from us but I don't think we can honestly say that we were the better team in that match. That's without going into Maguire and their disallowed goals.

Having said all that, I couldn't care less because I just want United in CL football. A nice win but not convincing although certain players did put in a good shift like you say.

Ultimately the game will only be recorded as a win for United, it's been a while since United have really ground out a result (even if VAR helped) when the opposition has had so much of the play. Points on the board are what is important currently especially now considering the possibility of CL for the 5th placed team, City's appeal may change that of course. Next up in the league are Watford who are currently on a run of 5 games without a win so fingers crossed.

Haaland is unbelievable, man his release clause is surely getting activated in the summer lol.

Has anyone else noted Raiola has changed his tune once more regarding Pogba wanting to leave, maybe it is a case of him realising he's not doing himself any favours (let alone Pogba) by whining. That coupled with the fact that what with the long term injury, the contract running down, meaning the player's value will be dropping (which will naturally also affect his 'cut' in any deal). Why do I have a sneaking suspicion that his attempts to drum up interest are not going in his favour.....