The Manchester United Thread

He’s been poor with many Chelsea fans admitting so. He wasn’t even that good tonight as despite us having more chances. Both teams turned up for a draw.

Out of interest, which games has he been poor? Not trying to start something with you TOD but you tend to pass off your arguments to "was speaking to some Lazio mates who told me he's been sh*t" when challenged on your narratives. Had an iffy debut, was a rock vs. Palace, good vs Sevilla midweek and v.good this evening. 4 games played, 3 good games.

Out of interest, which games has he been poor? Not trying to start something with you TOD but you tend to pass off your arguments to "was speaking to some Lazio mates who told me he's been sh*t" when challenged on your narratives. Had an iffy debut, was a rock vs. Palace, good vs Sevilla midweek and v.good this evening. 4 games played, 3 good games.
He wasn’t even good that good today lol. Mandy saved Chelsea from conceding 2/3 gls. Mealy every Chelsea fan I seen post never even wanted him and wanted to keep Rudiger.

It reminds me of when people claimed Smalling was a class player for us when we defended in low blocks in big games, or how Young strung out a career here. It covers so many flaws that its not a real reflection of anything. The only reason Zouma isnt getting praised is because its Zouma and it would expose the whole charade and he didnt do anything wrong

Tbh I expected a very tough game today. It was anything but that. After spending what nearly 250m on attackers that’s all super Frank and his attacking style could come up with. It was a page right out of one of his ex managers note book.

Think this happened right after this one but got looked if i understand correctly. But Maguire pull was not
Yeah that’s right. Which made both decisions terrible because you could clearly see Rashfords ankle get kicked as he tried to pass the ball.

So at least we discovered over the last two weekends that there is life after football.

For Pickford and Maguire that’s in MMA and the WWE respectively.

He wasn’t even good that good today lol. Mandy saved Chelsea from conceding 2/3 gls. Mealy every Chelsea fan I seen post never even wanted him and wanted to keep Rudiger.

It reminds me of when people claimed Smalling was a class player for us when we defended in low blocks in big games, or how Young strung out a career here. It covers so many flaws that its not a real reflection of anything. The only reason Zouma isnt getting praised is because its Zouma and it would expose the whole charade and he didnt do anything wrong

Sorry, just seeing this now.

Are you honestly comparing Thiago Silva, one of the greatest CBs of the modern era, to Mike Smalling? Lol. Say what you like about the age, the salary disruption etc. but he's a quality player. No different to Untied signing Cavani, Zlatan, Laarson etc. just at the other end.

He's 36 years old and he controlled Rashford in multiple isolated situations; situations where he has ended Demichelis & co. in the past. Also produced an absolutely world class block against Cavani that doesn't get as appreciated by people who weren't defenders. He led the line, extremely efficient on the ball, and so on.

If you don't have much weight for my evaluation, let stats and a fellow CB tell you:

1603707060135.png

1603707090534.png

Interesting you though Zouma was good. Thought he looked extremely uncomfortable, especially underselling the switch a couple of times. Thought we should've took more advantage by pressing him like we did Cahill a couple years back under José.

Guess we see the game very differently. But wonder what your opinion would be if that was a player in red i.e. Bailly or Tuanzebe ;)

Are you honestly comparing Thiago Silva, one of the greatest CBs of the modern era, to Mike Smalling? Lol. Say what you like about the age, the salary disruption etc. but he's a quality player. No different to Untied signing Cavani, Zlatan, Laarson etc. just at the other end.

He's 36 years old and he controlled Rashford in multiple isolated situations; situations where he has ended Demichelis & co. in the past. Also produced an absolutely world class block against Cavani that doesn't get as appreciated by people who weren't defenders. He led the line, extremely efficient on the ball, and so on.

If you don't have much weight for my evaluation, let stats and a fellow CB tell you:

View attachment 518460

View attachment 518461

Interesting you though Zouma was good. Thought he looked extremely uncomfortable, especially underselling the switch a couple of times. Thought we should've took more advantage by pressing him like we did Cahill a couple years back under José.

Guess we see the game very differently. But wonder what your opinion would be if that was a player in red i.e. Bailly or Tuanzebe ;)

I loved and agreed with all that apart from using a tweet from the bitter gobshite.

Said at the time in the Chelsea thread I thought he was Chelsea's best signing this summer as an experienced organiser was what they needed in that back-line. But you may as well pick any Joe off the street than use him to back anything up. And I'm only half-joking there.

NEVER go full Carragher! Or something. Just saying. :p

View attachment 518460

View attachment 518461

Wouldn’t of been any different tbh. Sorry I just don’t think he’s been that great. I will be happy to eat humble pie though if he turns out to be a good signing for them on the wages he’s on for his age.