The Manchester United Thread

I see Munich have done what Munich always do when they have competition. Flexed their financial power over everyone else in Germany and weakened the competition by boxing Upamacano. Who I know we were definitely interested in this summer on his RC. And Utd have been constantly linked.

So that's put to bed before the summer B/S starts at least.
I thought we were interested in his CB partner Konate who I personally rate as the better defender.

I thought we were interested in his CB partner Konate who I personally rate as the better defender.

We may well be mate. I honestly don't know. I like him but not his injury record. The one thing we need at CH more than anything is regular availability. Even more so with big Virg and JMG coming off their horrific injuries.

But I'm fairly confident Upamacano was high on their list from the past summer they'd targeted for this. And Ben White was the only one they went in for until Brighton priced him out of any COVID market.

It'll be an interesting summer window all around. I personally think it will be pretty dead with a full season of lost match-day revenue, on top of lost sponsorship and TV money decimating clubs around Europe, major players included. But we'll see.

If anyone has any sense they will stay away from Konate. Top player but injured as much as Jones is.

When you boil it down, the most important 'ability' in any player is 'AVAILability!'

If I'm building a squad, give me a lesser talent who is available to play every game over a World Class talent who say misses 2 in every 5 games in the same position ANY day of the week.

What I might lose in individual difference-making ability I gain in someone I can rely on all season long.

Does anyone know the album Circles by Mac Miller? It's exactly how I feel about United right now.

Fernandes gets us out of jail once again... there is no team execution to a lot of our goals, it's individual moments of brilliance or nothing.

We still struggle to create chances against teams like West Br om and Sheffield United, we don't create many chances against most teams, the coaching has to be questioned now. Maguire's excuses rubbed me the wrong way, West Brom is NOT a difficult place to go, they've won ONE game ALL SEASON in PL at home.. Man City went and beat West Br om 5-0 in January

We still struggle to create chances against teams like West Br om and Sheffield United, we don't create many chances against most teams, the coaching has to be questioned now. Maguire's excuses rubbed me the wrong way, West Brom is NOT a difficult place to go, they've won ONE game ALL SEASON in PL at home.. Man City went and beat West Br om 5-0 in January

I never watched the game as I had it down as a comfortable away banker. WBA had conceded 28 goals through the 10 games since they madly drew at Anfield in the gravy slurping meff's second game to our detriment.

It was a massive surprise to see the final score.

The highlighted, along with you're pertinent observation of individual talent overriding that and a P poor defense, have painted a completely false narrative of any progress down to the current league position. When it has been glaringly obvious looking from the outside in all year long. Seen this so many times mate from so many L'pool PL seasons it's uncanny. Along with fans/ media getting lulled into a false picture that we're 'only one or two additions away.' When in reality. just like we always were against Ferguson's great United sides, this current incarnation of Utd is LEVELS behind a fully healthy City and Liverpool.

Is absolutely mad how the media have lulled people into this bonkers narrative that Utd aren't just taking advantage of a perfect storm for them and are genuinely on the up whilst L'pool are on the down. When in reality, a Utd side having its best season in pushing a decade is a mere TWO games ahead of an injury-ravaged L'pool side having its worst spell in a LONG time currently. If you had ANY aspirations of seriously challenging, we wouldn't be ANYWHERE near you given the context of everything this year. You'd be up there clear pushing City with L'pool no threat to that position.

Is absolutely mad how the media have lulled people into this bonkers narrative that Utd aren't just taking advantage of a perfect storm for them and are genuinely on the up whilst L'pool are on the down. When in reality, a Utd side having its best season in pushing a decade is a mere TWO games ahead of an injury-ravaged L'pool side having its worst spell in a LONG time currently. If you had ANY aspirations of seriously challenging, we wouldn't be ANYWHERE near you given the context of everything this year. You'd be up there clear pushing City with L'pool no threat to that position.

It is strange phenomena as they are leading(i think still) goals scored by club. But think there is still way to go for title challenged attack.

Scoring goals hasn’t been our problem. Shipping them has been a huge problem. And to think our fwd line bar Cavani has been awful this season compared to last. Well Rashford not awful but very inconsistent during games.

Does anyone know the album Circles by Mac Miller? It's exactly how I feel about United right now.

Fernandes gets us out of jail once again... there is no team execution to a lot of our goals, it's individual moments of brilliance or nothing.
I doubt united had you in tears like Circles did. Beautiful album. RIP Mac.

Shoretire has clearly impressed Ole as he has been added to the Europa League Squad, not bad for a 17year old who is still in his first full season of U23 level football.

Doubt they will get game time but you never know. It will be a good experience for them.