The Manchester United Thread

It's a win but can't help but ask myself... is Ole ever going to learn? Resorts back to that same old centre back partnership and he is overplaying certain players in my opinion.

Against a better side, we lose that and deservedly so.
I actually think his rotation has been good this season. Hence the lack of injuries except this week when we got a few small ones

Lmao what do you know about the level of football I played at. The cross came I. He headed it. If Martial did his job instead of wondering around in a day dream. Maxim never gets the shot off. Yes the header could of been better but he was at full stretch.
It was a mix tbh. Maguire was stretching for the header if he can't fully get his head to it to clear the box then head it out wide never inside the box. These things happen though and its harsh to blame him for misjudging it but Martial needs to be awake in his zone and that is just as bad imo. His confidence is shot and surely Ole will notice that Cavani who is 10 years his senior is showing him up not with just goals but general forward play in pressing and movement.

Edit: rewatched it properly I was harsh on martial, Maguire needs to head that behind that was terrible ffs.

Lmao what do you know about the level of football I played at. The cross came I. He headed it. If Martial did his job instead of wondering around in a day dream. Maxim never gets the shot off. Yes the header could of been better but he was at full stretch.

How do you remotely respond by defending that again mate?

It's basic defending 1-0-1. You don't clear a ball back into your own area.

That's ALL on Maguire. The latest in a LONG line of abysmal defensive moments from him.

Come on man. THere's NO excuse for that.

He could have easily put it out for another corner, but no, he decided to put it in the center of United's box. YOU.DONT.DO.THAT. Thats the rule #1.

He could have easily put it out for another corner, but no, he decided to put it in the center of United's box. YOU.DONT.DO.THAT. Thats the rule #1.
Well going by that then it’s still on Martial because he did the exact same thing on the first corner that led to the second corner what they scored from. Nothing new out defending is largely a mess when certain players play and certain players get dropped.

Well going by that then it’s still on Martial because he did the exact same thing on the first corner that led to the second corner what they scored from. Nothing new out defending is largely a mess when certain players play and certain players get dropped.
United as a team should defend better. That is correct. Everything else is wrong about your post. Its not Martial (who followed wrong player), its not on the GK, its not from the corner, rather cross and Maguire is yet again poor with his decisions. This is 3rd United conceded where he should have done better. That I can remember.

Whoever is drilling defensively needs replacement.

United as a team should defend better. That is correct. Everything else is wrong about your post. Its not Martial (who followed wrong player), its not on the GK, its not from the corner, rather cross and Maguire is yet again poor with his decisions. This is 3rd United conceded where he should have done better. That I can remember.

Whoever is drilling defensively needs replacement.
We definitely need a better defence coach. Which is strange as Fergie said Phelan he was the best he worked with. Supposed the games moved on. Especially as it’s more Zonal now instead of man marked

Ahh TOD...
Are you related to Maguire or something?

It's schoolboy shoite from the captain!! The f.ucking captain of a premier league team.

Does anyone else feel that Ole is starting to get a little frustrated with Martial and his lack of general movement and defensive this season. Fair enough he is a forward yet in fewer games Cavani has managed more tackles, and more interceptions in the Premier League, Tackles Martial: 2, Cavani: 7, Inteceptions Martial:0, Cavani: 5. Yes stats can be used in various ways to prove a point but the rest of his overall contribution has been poor as well this season.

Does anyone else feel that Ole is starting to get a little frustrated with Martial and his lack of general movement and defensive this season. Fair enough he is a forward yet in fewer games Cavani has managed more tackles, and more interceptions in the Premier League, Tackles Martial: 2, Cavani: 7, Inteceptions Martial:0, Cavani: 5. Yes stats can be used in various ways to prove a point but the rest of his overall contribution has been poor as well this season.
Bit of a pattern. Zlatan came in his form dropped. Lukaku came in his form dropped. Cavani here now his form dropped.

Bit of a pattern. Zlatan came in his form dropped. Lukaku came in his form dropped. Cavani here now his form dropped.

I just think Martial's mentality will never make him be the player we want him to. All the truly great players thrive on competition, every time he has someone fighting for his spot, it's almost like he sulks about it. Does he seriously think he is THAT good as a no. 9? I've never really rated him in that position anyway.