The Manchester United Thread

I just think Martial's mentality will never make him be the player we want him to. All the truly great players thrive on competition, every time he has someone fighting for his spot, it's almost like he sulks about it. Does he seriously think he is THAT good as a no. 9? I've never really rated him in that position anyway.
Should be on the on the chopping block for players sold. PSG would have been all over him for good price, but now probably they will move on to Keane if Everton will sell.

A bit read on your previous striker:

Should be on the on the chopping block for players sold. PSG would have been all over him for good price, but now probably they will move on to Keane if Everton will sell.

A bit read on your previous striker:

Yeah but Lukaku never suited us at all, so I'm not bothered about us selling him one bit. Serie A is made for him honestly, but the way we were trying to play him just didn't suit him or us. Good player though in the right system.

I just think Martial's mentality will never make him be the player we want him to. All the truly great players thrive on competition, every time he has someone fighting for his spot, it's almost like he sulks about it. Does he seriously think he is THAT good as a no. 9? I've never really rated him in that position anyway.
I prefer to see him out on the wing myself, he is now approaching what should be his best years but his reactions recently and whenever he has had real competition for his place means he will probably be one of those players who have the ability but just don't have the attitude.

Does anyone else feel that Ole is starting to get a little frustrated with Martial and his lack of general movement and defensive this season. Fair enough he is a forward yet in fewer games Cavani has managed more tackles, and more interceptions in the Premier League, Tackles Martial: 2, Cavani: 7, Inteceptions Martial:0, Cavani: 5. Yes stats can be used in various ways to prove a point but the rest of his overall contribution has been poor as well this season.
He was subbed off for a reason lol

Ohhh, gotcha. I wouldn't really say his form dipped with the arrival of Lukaku. I remember there was a period he almost always scored or assisted off the bench under Jose.
Yeah that was when he and Rashford were rotating to devastating effect out left. Simple fact is Martial isn’t a number 9. And Rashford is better, younger, more consistent on the left. Martial is going to end up being a squad option or sold soon if he doesn’t like it.

U23s drawing 1-1 at our goal was scored by Charlie McCann who drew us level last kick of the half with an absolute screamer from 20 yards.

Lost 3-1 in the end.

Last edited:
I see the transfer gossip is starting to appear around the GK situation at United, mostly relating to Henderson. Whilst it is likely we may see one of De Gea or Henderson leave (either on loan or sold) I feel it would make more sense to get rid of De Gea or send Henderson on another season long loan. Mainly for the following reasons: 1 Henderson is at the age where he is approaching his prime unlike De Gea who now looks on the downward spiral to retirement, 2. It would make more sense moneywise to get De Gea's wages off the roll and 3 Contract lengths De Gea's ends next season, Henderson meanwhile has only just signed a long term deal.

I bet 10£ there will be no changes next season in the GK department except for Grant, Joel, Romero leaving. There’s already an agreement in place apparently for Henderson to play all the cup games next season and DDG be the league GK. After next season DDG will leave IMO.

This summer I expect 3 signings max with a bigger number of outgoings. CB being the priority then an Attacker. Not sure about the 3rd if Pogba stays then I can see it being another attacker. So 1str and 1 RW. Then possibly Garner and Laird added to the squad on a permanent basis with Hannibal and Shortire being continued to getting fazed in.

And a fair few leaving on loan. Levitt, Galbraith, Pellistri, Puigmal, Bernard, Kovar, Mengi, Devine.

I bet 10£ there will be no changes next season in the GK department except for Grant, Joel, Romero leaving. There’s already an agreement in place apparently for Henderson to play all the cup games next season and DDG be the league GK. After next season DDG will leave IMO.

This summer I expect 3 signings max with a bigger number of outgoings. CB being the priority then an Attacker. Not sure about the 3rd if Pogba stays then I can see it being another attacker. So 1str and 1 RW. Then possibly Garner and Laird added to the squad on a permanent basis with Hannibal and Shortire being continued to getting fazed in.

And a fair few leaving on loan. Levitt, Galbraith, Pellistri, Puigmal, Bernard, Kovar, Mengi, Devine.
I'm hoping they keep both as well at least for next season, it would give Henderson the chance to get the experience of playing in front of a full OT crowd something he hasn't had upto now whilst allow De Gea to depart without the hassle of any fee haggling. I also think Grant will probably move into a coaching role with the youth set up something I believe he has already been trying this season. Romero will be gone I'm surprised he didn't go in January to be honest, whilst Joel just hasn't developed as hoped so a transfer out may be for the best.

Dag Langerød
@DagLangerod
BREAKING: just been told that Isak Hansen-Aarøen will NOT be loaned to @TromsoIL.

United want him back and he will probably travel to MCR and United again early march.

One of the biggest faults Manchester United made with DDG is long back when he first signed. He needed a goalkeeper ahead of him for at least half a season, a role model like VdS so they could work on DDGs weakness, controlling goalkeeper area.
Its clear that the current set of defenders are unable to do that, help the goalkeeper. You either bring a proper leader at the back, which is not happening because Maguire (and thats not his fault) or you fix it by changing a goalkeeper to suit 'English' football more. Someone physical to deal with the crosses since Man United players cant.

Or bring a new defensive anf GK coach and work from there.