The Manchester United Thread

Poor excuse for not being professional. Like I said, if it wasnt for goalkeeper performance of the year, Roma would score at least 3 more.
To be fair Roma could and should have put the tie to bed in that first half at Old Trafford, the fact of the matter is United took their chances in the second half of the first game, Roma didn't, when the first goal went in for United in Rome there was no coming back a 4 goal lead was bad 5 was always going to be impossible no matter how well they played. The United did just enough in the second game to prevent a miracle from happening whilst being able to give some players a rest and let others get some game time.

To be fair Roma could and should have put the tie to bed in that first half at Old Trafford, the fact of the matter is United took their chances in the second half of the first game, Roma didn't, when the first goal went in for United in Rome there was no coming back a 4 goal lead was bad 5 was always going to be impossible no matter how well they played. The United did just enough in the second game to prevent a miracle from happening whilst being able to give some players a rest and let others get some game time.
Uuhhh, what chances at Old Trafford? They had two in the whole game. Pen and a misskick by Džeko that bounced of his leg into the goal.
Can you remind me what else they've created? Sorry, I suffer from the short memory. Makes me stupid, but happy :p

Uuhhh, what chances at Old Trafford? They had two in the whole game. Pen and a misskick by Džeko that bounced of his leg into the goal.
Can you remind me what else they've created? Sorry, I suffer from the short memory. Makes me stupid, but happy :p
In that first game Roma actually had 5 shots (3 on target) all bar one i(at 3-2 to United) in the first half when they were having the better of the play. Second half it was one way traffic admittedly. Had that 3rd chance gone in then I don't think United would have got 6, likewise if the injuries had occurred later in the game.

Last edited:
Manchester United are working to extend Cavani’s contract as priority - the club is still ‘confident’ to complete the agreement soon.

#MUFC Man Utd are also planning to offer Luke Shaw a new contract. The negotiations could start in the next weeks.

In that first game Roma actually had 5 shots (3 on target) all bar one i(at 3-2 to United) in the first half when they were having the better of the play. Second half it was one way traffic admittedly.
I honestly don't remember their 5 shots. I remember 3 shots, 2 goals and one wild shot by none other than Smalling. Not saying they didn't have them, its just I don't remember them. Also if you have time to take a look at this highlight reel from the game. Guy even put fouls in it, so you can judge by it how extended they really were:

Rrb4Uwq.png

By WhoScored ( which by no means is reliable).
So 5 shots by Roma, thats easy 20% per shot.
In 6 yards box is Dzeko's goal - 1 shot.
In 18 yards box are 3 shots, once is pen and the other is Smalling shot. Third I don't remember.
Outside the box - 1 shot.
In that 6-2 game Dzeko had 2 shots ( 1 goal), Smalling 1 shot, Mkhi 1 shot and Pellegrini pen.

This is the other highlight video I've found.

No other 2 shots...

Also here's live text from BBC >> https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56892065
66'
Post update
Attempt saved. Edin Dzeko (Roma) header from the centre of the box is saved in the centre of the goal. Assisted by Henrikh Mkhitaryan with a cross.

80'
Post update
Attempt missed. Henrikh Mkhitaryan (Roma) right footed shot from outside the box misses to the right. Assisted by Amadou Diawara.

So in first half they had 2 shots and 2 goals.

Simon Stone
@sistoney67

Been told Joel Glazer will pay @ManUtd portion of the 15m Euros and the 5% deduction. This will not come out of club funds.
Woopi Doo 15m is a drop in the ocean for the 9 clubs and 5% deduction of revenue is hardly likely to be much more especially if they get knocked out early. Typical slapped wrist fines. As for the suspended 100m and 50m if they try to break away again you know that will be all but forgotten in the future. What will be more interesting is what will happen to Barca, Madrid and Inter who are still insisting the 'Super' League is still going ahead. What's the betting they will get a similar financial hit (possibly 30-50m with 10% deduction, and 100m and 50m suspended) coupled with a one (UEFA cannot afford longer without loss in their own cut in the revenue) or possibly 2 season European band.

Good ol Brendan...about to bottle top 4 once again. If you think being turned over by Newcastle isn't bad, their last 3 games include United away, Chelsea away and Spurs at home lol.

It's the final league game of the season for our U18's. Although we have a chance of winning the league and playing against the Southern champions.

We're currently top by 2 points but City have a game in hand and better goal difference, so, although there's a few variables, we most likely need to win today and hope City drop points in either of their last two matches.

We kick off today at 12. They start their match, away to Stoke, at 11 (now seems to be 11.15). If we win and they don't then we're champions of the North. If they stay within reach, then it will go down to their last match of the season away to Burnley on Wednesday afternoon with us just left to watch on and hope.

We are currently 1-0. Iqbal the scorer. City also 1-0 up.