The Manchester United Thread

F me Charlie Austin’s still playing?

Who’s he think he is? James Milner?! 🤣🤣🤣

Thought he’d long retired.

This. Some fans were trying to justify his loss to Villareal with "oh, he didn't have options on the bench". The amount of mediocrity being masked as "progress" is just hilarious to watch.

Also, I'm not so sure if him being in his last year would create uncertainties because
1. There are no big clubs that's knocking on his doorstep
2. He loves united and would probably be able to wait out an offer.

Ideally, I would've stalled any new contract talks until let's say, midway through the next season.

There's every chance we could be battling for top 4 midway through the season and If that's the case, he's failed and we need to move on.
Its maddening the excuses being made for him. I keep reading online saying oh Klopp didn't get fired when Liverpool were winning nothing. The two aint even comparable. One is the richest club in the world and the other has a track record of building clubs up from the ground up. Man utd can afford to get it wrong. Imagine spending 80mill on a CB and being like we need someone to partner him and cover his weaknesses. You think Liverpool can afford to write that **** off lol. Chelsea binned Lamps off and instantly won the CL. Theres levels to this transition bs that people keep throwing around and shouting its progress. The next manager after Ole is probably licking his lips ronaldinho meme style at the squad he will be handed at the very least.

Its maddening the excuses being made for him. I keep reading online saying oh Klopp didn't get fired when Liverpool were winning nothing. The two aint even comparable. One is the richest club in the world and the other has a track record of building clubs up from the ground up. Man utd can afford to get it wrong. Imagine spending 80mill on a CB and being like we need someone to partner him and cover his weaknesses. You think Liverpool can afford to write that **** off lol. Chelsea binned Lamps off and instantly won the CL. Theres levels to this transition bs that people keep throwing around and shouting its progress. The next manager after Ole is probably licking his lips ronaldinho meme style at the squad he will be handed at the very least.
Liverpool is stil buying centrebacks, right? Yeah, Klopp built Liverpool from ground up, he has spent 500.000.000 on players ih how many years? 6? Thats almost 100m per season.

With United there's been 3 managers who were all different in their approach and needed different players for their tactic to work. Wan Bissaka and Maguire weren't Oles signings. There were scouted under Mourinho and were close to signing but for board to sanction due to Mou having a meltdown.

Will Ole manage to step up remains uncertain, but first time in long time United have a vision moving forward. If Ole cant do it, its essential to find a manager in similar mould but better.

Wan Bissaka and Maguire weren't Oles signings.
Jose was never in for AWB. Also, Maguire IS an OGS signing through and through. Jose had him on his transfer list but he wasn't even first choice. He preferred Boateng and Dier ahead of him

Jose was never in for AWB. Also, Maguire IS an OGS signing through and through. Jose had him on his transfer list but he wasn't even first choice. He preferred Boateng and Dier ahead of him
Maguire was milimeters close to join under Jose, if United board didnt sancion it. AWB was scouted under Jose and most of the progress have been made before Ole.

Samuel Luckhurst
@samuelluckhurst
Solskjaer on Pogba: 'The talks are ongoing between Paul's representatives and our representatives. All the dialogue I've had with Paul personally is he's looking forward to the season.' #mufc

United Journal
@theutdjournal
·
Jul 24, 2021
🗣️ — Solskjaer on Elanga:

"It would be easy to say the boy should go on loan but he's doing so well. He's electric, he's got pace, skill and he's got the courage and bravery of a Manchester United player." #mufc #mujournal

United Journal
@theutdjournal
🗣️ — Solskjaer:

"Today he created chances for others and himself. I wouldn't be surprised if he's going to be staying here. It depends, of course. It's important for him to develop and get game time but he's one that we've not really decided." #mufc #mujournal

Are you all comparing L’pool’s spending to Utd's?

This should get interesting when @dilakh2 responds.
Try to read next time.
Response was to Klopp being a 'builder from nothing" when in fact he's spending almost 100m per season. Did United spent more in that period? Probably.

Try to read next time.
Response was to Klopp being a 'builder from nothing" when in fact he's spending almost 100m per season. Did United spent more in that period? Probably.

I would if you'd make a salient point with any semblance of context. 😉

But I’ll just watch this one when he answers.

I honestly think you have issues with accepting reality. Though deep down I hope for your good that you're just a s*it stirrer.

Mate, you answered him on a point about L’pool being in NO position to write-off an £80 million flop, or n this case just add to it by signing more to cover his deficiencies, by inferring them adding another CH was somehow one and the same. To then try to average out a total spend on a per-season basis. Ignoring whats been recouped during that time and the LEVELS of difference in what he inherited as to what Solksjaer inherited/ had to spend. Before you even get onto the differences in wage budgets in play.

But hey, you’re the rationale one here right?

Man this day gets better and better.

Last edited: