The Manchester United Thread

Nice. What season you on mate?

I’ve literally just started. I’m gonna go for Mpabbe and Kessié on frees. Then that should be good for me in wise the first couple windows.

I’m going to try getting rid of Mata, Jones, Lingard, Fred either on loan or sale. Just setting up player training at all levels atm. And seeing what youth I can focus on.
end of the 2nd season won the pl again and got de ligt and moukoko comeing in next season

Thanks for the info mate. That really is both ends lol. God knows what we will be in for lol. Hopefully somewhere in between. Coz atm this is as bad as anything under Moyes, LVG or Mourinho

IMHO, Utd wouldn't move forward with Rodgers. Certainly not to where Utd should be. He's just another perfect Glazer 'yes man.' Probably get the initial manager bounce like Solskjaer got. Then when that honeymoon ends, and it turns the other way, he runs out of ideas.

Yeah, it would doubtless be fun and exciting to watch. But the likes of Ronaldo would just end up taking the P out of him.

As superb as the Cup win was, he's bollocksed things up at Leicester. Utd is a WHOLE other level.

I like him. But he's not a manager. And don't be expecting a solid defence if he does replace Solskjaer. Even with better personnel and a DM. That's just not his thing.

Last edited:
People don’t like Ramano and rightly so as he’s gone way OTT with his here we go ****. But he’s actually a good journo. Also MEN have just put out a piece stating Rodgers is favourite if we sack Ole.
Romano got caught with his pants down the other day making videos ahead of any reliable news and he would list them as "private" so if the news come out he would be first to "break it". He's a clown.

Also MEN is full of opinions, not facts. None of them know anything. All we got from some reliable people is that Glazers are aware that Ole is not doing well and he'll be judged in next few games.

I honestly get aneurysms just reading the Brendan Rodgers links. The worst part is a lot of United fans seems to be embracing it as well. Some even point to the fact that Matt Busby played for both Liverpool and City.

Ignoring the Liverpool connection, he's a bottler. I know he won the FA cup (he needed some VAR luck btw) but he's also bottled top 4 finishes in 2 seasons back to back. With him, we're basically getting Solskjaer 2.0. But ofc, he's the perfect yes man for the glazer who'd want to hide behind his record of youth players and masquerade it as "the United way". Such BS

Romano got caught with his pants down the other day making videos ahead of any reliable news and he would list them as "private" so if the news come out he would be first to "break it". He's a clown.

Also MEN is full of opinions, not facts. None of them know anything. All we got from some reliable people is that Glazers are aware that Ole is not doing well and he'll be judged in next few games.
Tbh there a lot of journos even good ones like Mitten, Ducker etc that pre write articles and record videos Just in case a big story drops. It’s common practice in journalism.

You start off with £30 million which could technically get you the likes of Kessie or even Wiegl
I’ve got Kessié agreed for a free already mate. Not looked at Weigl but I know on the last couple of FMs he’s not been as good as before. But he’s doing well at Benfica atm.

I honestly get aneurysms just reading the Brendan Rodgers links. The worst part is a lot of United fans seems to be embracing it as well. Some even point to the fact that Matt Busby played for both Liverpool and City.

Ignoring the Liverpool connection, .....

I have the utmost respect for Busby. I grew up on stories of him at ours (And Utd. I have relatives that still to this day talk about his sides, both post and pre Munich, as being some of the finest they've ever seen play live) and just how the board wanting full control with player selection et al, as boards did back then, cost him the managers job at Anfield that he so wanted. They treated him very shoddily at the time to their eternal shame. He's held in the highest esteem with ourselves and you won't hear many saying anything bad about Sir Matt Busby. Certainly not anyone that knows their stuff and just what a servant he was to Liverpool FC.

Brendan Rodgers doesn't begin to equate in any way, shape or form to Busby being heavily connected to both clubs. And anyone either trying to make that connection in a good or bad way is a flat out F idiot.

Tbh there a lot of journos even good ones like Mitten, Ducker etc that pre write articles and record videos Just in case a big story drops. It’s common practice in journalism.
None of them are "exclusive" as Romano, nor they act they are in the known of every single centimeter of football.

Kevin de Bruyne: "The day before a game we usually train tactically, based on how the opponent play. Before #mufc, Pep [Guardiola] said 'We don't know how they're going to play. We shall see'. And we stopped training after 10 minutes." #mulive [midmid podcast, @HLNinEngeland]

Didn't they have the Friday training session Sat'day dinner at Old Trafford ...... ?