The Manchester United Thread

Yeah, that might be gone for this year. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Joking aside, its really showing now just how much both ourselves and City have taken out of each other the past 4 or 5 years. As much as we’re gone physically and mentally, they’re trying their level best to hand Arsenal the league. Jesus, Utd can go level with them Wednesday.

We’ve both lost three straight away games for the first time since F knows when? Strange, mad season that’s opened up a surprising title tilt for anyone.

Utd included.

Last edited:
It was always going to happen with Liverpool's aging squad. The sheer amount of games played in last few seasons did not help as well.
That's why SAF is the best ever.

Some fella’ called Paisley would disagree but I aren’t getting into that.

I’d just happily put them both on a plateau all by themselves.

Anyway, more importantly, please tell me you had the silence Saturday?

Still can’t believe the oversight of scheduling Leeds as close to the anniversary as this. But please tell me they haven’t compounded it with a a silence Wednesday …..

It was always going to happen with Liverpool's aging squad. The sheer amount of games played in last few seasons did not help as well.
That's why SAF is the best ever.
This is such an underrated attribute of fergie. He was always able to refresh both playing and coaching staff to keep that winning hunger alive. Looks like something both city and Liverpool seem to have lost.

For city, I’m not going to make the lazy man argument “Haaland made city worse”. Instead, I’d say city lack directness with their current squad. Selling Sterling hurt them a lot more than signing Haaland, who seems a bit out of sync with his team mates at times.

For Liverpool, they‘ve got a myriad of issues. An aging core of players, Mo salah stopped playing football since his new contract, Fabinho looking 38 instead of 29, TAA losing his man worse than Jennifer Lopez. Not to mention their very strange transfer decisions since Michael Edward left: why this Bellingham or bust approach rather than look into alternatives?

For Liverpool, they‘ve got a myriad of issues. An aging core of players, Mo salah stopped playing football since his new contract, Fabinho looking 38 instead of 29, TAA losing his man worse than Jennifer Lopez. Not to mention their very strange transfer decisions since Michael Edward left: why this Bellingham or bust approach rather than look into alternatives?
You know there are issues when Pool thread is starting to fill up with Everton meme posts.

Anyway, more importantly, please tell me you had the silence Saturday?

Still can’t believe the oversight of scheduling Leeds as close to the anniversary as this. But please tell me they haven’t compounded it with a a silence Wednesday …..
Yes it was done on Saturday. Its always the home game before the 6th.

You know there are issues when Pool thread is starting to fill up with Everton meme posts.

Projecting insecurities.
Like a schoolyard bully or people with self confidence issues.

If you make other people feel as bad as you, it gives temporary relief ;)

I hope to Christ you had the silence Saturday and aren’t doing it before Leeds.

God rest.
They did, both teams came out at the start with wreaths and wore black armbands (as did the officials), traditionally the silence is held on the Saturday before, The women's team also had a minute's silence at their match against Everton.