Porto 2-0 Olhanense
Romelu Lukaku (2)

Porto 5-1 Beira-Mar
Romelu Lukaku (3), James Rodriguez, Nicolas Otamendi

Champions League
1st Knock-out Stage

Porto 1-3 Man City
Romelu Lukaku

Need I really say anything about Lukaku anymore? Without his goals this season I dread to think where we would be. Another unbeaten month keeps the pressure on Benfica who we have yet to play in the league this season.
We took the lead against City and held firm until the 75th minute when Tevez equalized, after that our players became lethargic and wasn't able to keep up the pace and ended up buckling under pressure as we conceded a further 2 goals late on which now gives us a very slim chance of progression.

Premier League

Estoril 1-3 Porto
Ramires, James Rodriguez, Michu

Braga 3-2 Porto
Nani (2)

P. Ferreira 1-3 Porto
Romelu Lukaku, Nani, Michu

Porto 0-1 Feirense

View attachment 307708

Champions League
1st Knock-out Stage

Man City 5-2 Porto

Michu, Romelu Lukaku

League Cup
Semi Final

Porto 3-0 Maritimo

Lucho Gonzalez, Nani, Romelu Lukaku

Well.... it looks like our wait for the league title will have to extend to another season. We are only 7 points short of the tally that Sporting won the title with last season and we still have 6 games left to play.
Got completely destroyed by Man City as we went all out attacking trying to find the goals we needed.
We're set to play in our first league cup final for 4 years after dismissing Maritimo in the semi's, We shall play Academica.

Been unlucky second season with Benficas form. I see theres a lot of changein faces at the club, possibly unsettling the team chemistry? Ive gone for the strengthen the core of my squad approach but keep the team as familiar as possible.

The save has just crashed pushing me back to 14th february which is before the champions league.... Instead of replaying it all again im just going to holiday back to where i had got upto.

* Like I said in my previous posts, my save crashed so some results are slightly different to the ones I originally posted *

April & May

Premier League

Porto 2-0 Aves
Christian Atsu, Kelvin

Nacional da Madeira 1-3 Porto
Ramires, Romelu Lukaku (2)

Benfica 1-5 Porto
Nani, Romelu Lukaku (3), Nicolas Otamendi

Porto 5-2 Moreirense
Romelu Lukaku (2), Nani, Michu, Joao Moutinho

Champions League
Quarter Final

Porto 4-2 Barcelona
James Rodriguez (2), Djalma, Romelu Lukaku

Barcelona 4-1 Porto
Romelu Lukaku (P)

League Cup
Final

Braga 0-0(P) Porto

Taca de Portugal
Semi Final

Porto 0-0 Sporting (4-1) AGG

Wow... what a month, after beating Benfica we sat just 2 points behind them with 3 games left to play, 1 of which was at home against them. Is the race for the title back on?
I holidayed past the champions league games as I felt I shouldn't really have been in the competition still so.... Although I did notice Lukaku also missed a penalty.
A dramatic penalty shoot out ensured we lift our 3rd trophy under my management.
The semi final was already won in the 1st leg I felt as we had beaten them 4-1 away.

Premier League

Porto 2-3 Benfica
Romelu Lukaku (2)

Porto 2-1 Academica
Matija Solomun, Romelu Lukaku

Taca de Portugal
Final

Nacional da Madeira 0-2 Porto
Rolando, Djalma

GUTTED...... We were 2-0 up at half time and playing well,midway through the 2nd my players started becoming jaded so I went defensive and that's when they pounced, I couldn't believe it we had our hands on the trophy for it to be snatched away.
The Taca de Portugal win was fairly straight forward as I knew as soon as Benfica & Sporting were out then we would win it.

View attachment 307951

End Of Season Review

Premier League Winner: Benfica
League Cup Winner: Porto
Taca de Portugal Winner: Porto
Supertaca Winner: Sporting

Europa League Winner: Tottenham
Champions League Winners: Arsenal
European Super Cup: Liverpool

Transfer Summary

Nani - Loan (£300k) 48 Apps 19 Goals 18 Asts 7.71 Average Rating
Romelu Lukaku - Loan 53 Apps 49 Goals 6 Asts 7.63 Average Rating
Michu - £12.75m 50 Apps 19 Goals 9 Asts 7.46 Average Rating
Matija Solomun - £2.5m 5 Apps 1 Goal 0 Asts 6.72 Average Rating
Ramires - £16.5m 15 Apps 4 Goals 6 Asts 7.59 Average Rating

Team Summary

Helton 50 Apps 0 Goals 0 Asts 7.12 Average Rating
Danilo 54 Apps 3 Goals 14 Asts 7.68 Average Rating
Alex Sandro 50 Apps 5 Goals 16 Asts 7.44 Average Rating
Nicolas Otamendi 53 Apps 10 Goals 0 Asts 7.57 Average Rating
Maicon 53 Apps 7 Goals 1 Asts 7.61 Average Rating
Fernando 50 Apps 2 Goals 3 Asts 7.40 Average Rating
Joao Moutinho 48 Apps 6 Goals 30 Asts 7.79 Average Rating
James Rodriguez 42 Apps 16 Goals 27 Asts 7.72 Average Rating

Season Summary

We got the season up and running with a defeat to Sporting in the Supertaca courtesy of a penalty by Danijel Pranjic.

The league was a strange one this season as we finished 2nd with 78 points, which would have seen us win it by 11 points last season this was down to Benfica great unbeaten run which we saw them notch up 25 wins and 1 draw before falling 5-1 to us. Our other main rivals Sporting finished 3rd, amazingly 17 points behind us with Braga, Nacional da Madeira and Vit. Guimaraes completing the European places. It was agony for Aves and Moreirense as they suffered relegation into the second league.

Our first trophy of the season came as we defeated Braga 4-3 on penalties. It was a game that shouldn't really have gone all the way to penalties as we had many chances inside normal play.

The Taca de Portugal final was a lot closer than I would have liked as we shared the attempts at goal and the possession and if it wasn't for Kleber popping up in the 78th minute then this too would have gone to a penalty shoot out.

The Champions League was a weird one as I was originally knocked out by Man City but as my save crashed it gave me another chance at them. The 1st leg was probably the best game of my career at Porto but as I holidayed past the two games the credit has to got to my assistant Vitor Frade. We were drawn against Barcelona in the quarters and the 1st leg can go down as my best result so far we managed to keep Messi relatively quiet through out the game. All we needed to do is keep it tight in the return leg but the skilful trio of Messi, Xavi and Iniesta just tore us apart as they went onto beat us 6-5 on aggregate.

*Any recommendations for new signings?*

My first team is slowly starting to sink...
Pre season should be up in an hour or 2

So unlucky last season mate! Thought you had it in the bad with the home game againt Benfica but the wait for a title goes on. Just heading into my second season with Porto and hoping to retain the title. Who you looking at signing this new season? take at a look at my progress/signings and let me know what you think

I've made a couple of big name signings but i've also lost 4 1st team players... On the plus side they did bring in 84 mil

Pre-Season

The Transfers

In

View attachment 308392View attachment 308393View attachment 308394View attachment 308395
Lukas Podolski £9.5m
Pato £0
Aleksandar Kolorov £5.25m
Wesley Sneijder £0
Mario Gomes £525k (Regen)

Total £15.25m

Out

View attachment 308397View attachment 308398View attachment 308399View attachment 308400
Helton £0
Alex Sandro £25m
Joao Moutinho £33m
Maicon £26m
12 Released
3 Sent On Loan

Total
£84m

The Friendlies
Tour Of China

Qingdao 0-1 Porto
Thibaut Vion

A'erbin 1-2 Porto
Pato, Michu

Xiangtao 1-3 Porto
Michu, Lazar Markovic, Kleber

SH Hanshan 0-5 Porto
Michu, Danilo, Kleber (2), (OG)

Betis 2-3 Porto
Juan Iturbe, Thibaut Vion, James Rodriguez

Tourizense 1-8 Porto
Wesley Sneijder, Kleber (2), Lukas Podolski,
Rolando, James Rodriguez (2), Ramires

I'm really excited for this season after the signings I've made, I believe the title WILL be ours this season along with everything else domestically. I didn't want to see any of the players leave to be honest but they had told me that they wished to move to a bigger club. Instead of keeping them at the club unhappy I thought why not cash in on them. It also gives a few of my younger players the chance to earn themselves a first team place. Danilo, Fernando and James Rodriguez had also expressed their desire to leave the club but fortunately for me we couldn't find any buyers and they seem happy now anyway.

*So what do you guys think of this windows transfers? Have I made the right decisions or might I live to regret them? Let me know what you think*

Pato and Podolski should be great signings mate. Looks like you have a strong squad there now!! Ive got a cracking signing to add to mine later, managed to resolve the Moutinho drama ive been having

Pato and Podolski should be great signings mate. Looks like you have a strong squad there now!! Ive got a cracking signing to add to mine later, managed to resolve the Moutinho drama ive been having

pato got injured pre season and podolski's been a beast so far
moutinho was a tank in the first 2 seasons but i reckon sneijder will replace him easy enough
m

My save file has been damaged or something so I've lost my pre-season results and transfers. I have tried to re-sign the same players and sell the same to keep it how it was.
Here is my new transfers and results.

View attachment 308701
View attachment 308702 Demir Arda, Caio, Joep Vloet and David Kamdem were signed for the future
View attachment 308703 All 4.5* potential

*August & September update will be up shortly*​

August & September

Premier League

Porto 2-0 Estoril
Markovic, Rodriguez

P. Ferreira 0-3 Porto
Podolski (3)

Porto 6-1 Gil Vicente
Rodriguez (2), Ramires, Varela, Pato, (OG)

Supertaca

Benfica p2-2 Porto
Pato, Varela

Im starting to get really tired of my Fm crashing all the time as I had already played these results with a different outcome.

Overall, a solid month I could't really ask for much more from the team. My younger players seem to be settling into the team well.

I'm not happy with the Supertaca result at all, purely for the fact I had beaten them 4-2 originally. James Rodriguez missed a penalty which would have prevented us of having to participate in the penalty shoot-out.

Premier League

Rio Ave 1-1 Porto

Rodriguez

Beira-Mar 0-2 Porto
Rolando (OG)

Porto 0-0 Sporting

Champions League

Group Stage

View attachment 308834View attachment 308835View attachment 308836View attachment 308837

Real Madrid 3-2 Porto
Pato, Dembele

We remain unbeaten in the league along with dropping stupid points against Rio Ave & Sporting, we managed to go through the whole of last season without drawing and somehow we've drawn twice from 6 games.

A fairly straight forward group draw, only Real Madrid should cause us any problems.
If it wasn't for Benzema popping up in the 87th minute, we would have earned a very creditable draw in the Spanish capital.

View attachment 308845View attachment 308846

October & November

Premier League

Braga 1-1 Porto
Pato

Maritimo 1-0 Porto

Porto 2-1 Vit. Guimaraes
Kolarov, Rodriguez

Champions League
Group Stage

Porto 2-2 Galatasaray
Fernando, Podolski

Porto 2-2 Dinamo
Solomun, Pato

Taca de Portugal
3rd Round

Ribeira Brava 0-4 Porto
Solomun (2), Podolski, Vion

An abysmal month, these results may just cost us the league, Pato & Podolski are having problems playing along side each other which is crucial for us if we are to win the league this season.

Originally I thought this group would be fairly simple to progress from.... turns out its not going to be as easy as I thought.

The game against Ribeira Brava was straight forward as they were 2 league below us so it gave me the chance to rest some key players.

Premier League

Porto 3-1 Olhanense

Demir (2), Podolski

Academica 1-5 Porto
Podolski, Danilo, Ferreira, Otamendi, Solomun

Champions League
Group Stage

Dinamo 1-3 Porto
Podolski, Rodriguez, Solomun

Porto 6-2 Real Madrid
Otamendi (2), Ramires, Podolski, Dembele, Rodriguez

Taca de Portugal
4th Round

Cesarense 0-3 Porto
Podolski (2), Ramires

5th Round

Olhanense 2-3 Porto (AET)
Dembele, Demir, Djalma

A much better month, finally Podolski's starting to find his feet in this league, shame that Pato's not quite there yet.

Yes that is 6-2 against Real Madrid. We raced into a 2-0 lead after just 4 minutes and from then on we never really looked back. Sergio Ramos being sent off might of helped a little bit.

Olhanense proved more difficult than I would have liked as I rested a lot of my first teamers. Luckily Djalma scored in the 123rd minute to prevent penalties.

View attachment 308991View attachment 308992View attachment 308993

December & January

Premier League

Porto 0-1 Benfica

Feirense 1-1 Porto
Varela

Champions League
Group Stage

Galatasaray 2-1 Porto
Dembele

League Cup
3rd Round Phase

Olhanense 0-3 Porto
Podolski (3)

Vit. Seubal 1-1 Porto
Demir

A disappointing result against Benfica as we had more shots & more possession than them, Rodriguez missed a penalty just before the break which could have turned the game.

All we needed was a point against the turkish side. We took the lead trough Dembele and it was looking rosy until my players started to pick up knocks. We finished 3rd and enter into the Europa League. Pato was injured for the 3rd time this season (Becoming the worst signing ever)

We picked up yet another injury against Setubal as Kolarov limped off after 20 minutes.

View attachment 309212

Premier League

Porto 3-0 Nacional da Madeira
Podolski, Rodriguez (2)

Vit. Setubal 2-3 Porto
Varela, Podolski (2)

Estoril 3-3 Porto
Demir, Rolando, Rodriguez

Porto 4-1 P. Ferreira
Dembele, Mangala, Ramires, Podolski

Gil Vicente 2-3 Porto
Podolski, Rolando, Digne

League Cup
3rd Round Phase

Porto 0-0 Rio Ave

Taca de Portugal
6th Round

Porto 1-0 Sporting
Solomun

Semi Final

Maritimo 0-1 Porto
Podolski

A much improved month as we picked up 13 points from a possible 15, it should have been 15 as we were 3-0 up against Estoril

WHAT THE ****!!!! we have been knocked out of the League cup at the first hurdle. Think its only a matter of when not if I get sacked.

I'm pleased to have knocked out a rival once again in the cup even if it was through a goal in the 92 minute. A Podolski goal has put us one foot in the final.

Been drawn against Ajax in the Europa league*

View attachment 309218View attachment 309219

Tough draw in europa league, ajax are a decent team on my save. You think you can turn the league round? Im hitting a bit of a rut on my save too, take a look.

Tough draw in europa league, ajax are a decent team on my save. You think you can turn the league round? Im hitting a bit of a rut on my save too, take a look.

Im hoping to at least make the semi's in europe. The league all depends on if my forwards can start scoring more often. starting to regret selling Moutinho & Maicon to be honest.

February & March

Premier League

Porto 3-0 Rio Ave
Solomun, Varela, Walter

Porto 1-0 Beira-Mar
Mangala

Sporting 2-1 Porto
Ramires

Europa League
1st Knock-out Stage

Ajax 2-2 Porto
Djalma, Podolski

Porto 1-1 Ajax
Markovic

We should have got something from the Sporting game as we took the lead but just like so many times this season we let the lead slip and dropped more points.

Just like the Sporting game, we through away a lead in the 1st leg. We were 2-0 up at half time and somehow bottled it. 2 away goals proved vital though as we sneaked through to play Newcastle in the 2nd knock-out round after a 1-1 scoreline at home.

Premier League

Porto 1-0 Braga

Ramires

Vit. Guimaraes 1-2 Porto
Rodriguez, Podolski

Porto 3-2 Maritimo
(OG), Markovic, Otamendi

Europa League
2nd Knock-out Stage

Porto 3-1 Newcastle
Dembele, Podolski (2)

Newcastle 1-1 Porto
Solomun

Our unbeaten month was in danger as we threw yet another 2-0 lead away against Maritimo. I think I might need to strengthen my defense in the summer.

In to the quarter finals we go after a great win over Newcastle. We've been drawn against another English team, the current holders Tottenham.

View attachment 309364View attachment 309365

*Theres been rumours of a takeover and a possible transfer kitty of £70m*