Acosta is very good, with a physical training to increase his pace and acceleration he will be a monster. Too bad he has 14 heading with 2 jumping, that's wasted points, but still.

Solomun is awesome.

Not a great fan of Demir (very physical, but average teamwork and determination, two key stats, and I hate long shots), I think you should make him play a season to increase his value and sell him for 30-40M

Im thinking of loaning out Acosta because he was injured for 3 months at the end of last season and his progression has declined a bit

Solomun is becoming unstoppable at the moment

Despite Demir's mental stats not being great he always plays apart in any goals scored he's also become a favored person within the club.

August

Supertaca

Porto 1-2 Rio Ave
Florenzi

I've just noticed we've only won this competition once since the start of the game which isn't good enough really. This one has been the worst though as Rio Ave are no where near as good as previous opponents in the Cup.

Premier League

Braga 1-4 Porto
Solomun, Sakho, Demir, Markovic

Porto 2-0 Sporting
Otamendi, Demir

Porto 1-0 Olhanense
(OG)

A solid 3 wins out 3 is a good way to begin our quest to retain the title this season. Particularly pleased with the win over Sporting as it puts early days distance between us which could be vital come may.

As some of you may have seen in the screenshots, I've taken over the Portugal national team this alone is going to be a massive challenge as Ronaldo has retired from International football at just 31, and the teams are not producing any decent regens at all.

Friendly

Australia 1-4 Portugal
Fernando, Rui Fonte, Almeida, Rolando

A good start to my reign as Portugal manager, its given me a few ideas to which players will make the cut for the world cup qualifiers next month. This is the group.

View attachment 311356View attachment 311357View attachment 311358View attachment 311359View attachment 311360View attachment 311361

Porugal, Armenia, Iceland, Romania, Luxembourg, Ukraine

September

Premier League

P. Ferreira 1-3 Porto
Pato, Demir, Solomun

Porto 6-1 Vit. Guimaraes
Sakho, Solomun(2), Florenzi(2), Kolarov

Estoril 0-2 Porto
Solomun, Demir

Another 3 wins makes 6 out of 6 so far this season and this team is looking unbeatable at the moment. Interest in Solomun is high at the moment which is no real surprise, there has been rumors that Barcelona are lining up a bid of £30m.

Champions League

View attachment 311366View attachment 311367View attachment 311369View attachment 311370

Porto 3-0 Sion
Alex(3)

Inter 0-2 Porto
Demir, Solomun

I really don't understand the seedings for this competition, we finish 1st in the league but are seeded 2nd, but when we finished 3rd we were seeded 1st. Anyways I'm thinking this could be a tricky draw despite the 2 early results.

World Cup Qualifiers

Armenia 0-2 Portugal
Michel, Miranda

Portugal 3-1 Romania
Serodio, Maicon

A good start to the qualifying campaign with 2 wins from 2. Miranda made his debut for the senior team so that was a great day for him. Serodio isn't even playing in a top league as he's in the Portuguese second league.

October

Premier League

Porto 3-0 Vit. Setubal
Florenzi, Rodriguez, Solomun

Porto 4-2 Gil Vicente
Podolski, Sakho, (OG), Alex

Leixoes 0-6 Porto
Solomun, Demir, Otamendi, Markovic, Podolski, (OG)

Like I said in the previous post, we are looking unbeatable, we're scoring plenty of goals as well as keeping them out quite well. It was good to see Podolski getting on the score sheet this month as he may not be a Porto player much longer.

Taca de Portugal
3rd Round

Porto 12-0 Penalva Castelo
Paco(3), Markovic(2), Demir, Alex(2), Otamendi(2), Pato(2)

I put out a lot of players that are not usually first choice so I'm quite surprised by the scoreline.

Champions League

Tottenham 5-0 Porto

I wasn't expecting this result, I thought it would be a lot closer as we had the same amount of shots (22) but they obviously made them count.

The tables will posted with the November post as I forgot to take a screenshot

World Cup Qualifiers

Luxembourg 2-6 Portugal
Moutinho, Oliveira, Rui Fonte, Maicon, Fernando, Pizzi

Portugal 5-0 Iceland
Nani(4), Miguel Rosa

We remain unbeaten but the biggest game is yet to play.. Ukraine. A little disappointed with conceding 2 goals against Luxembourg.

View attachment 311392

(Anybody know if when my foreign youngsters have been in Portugal for a certain time.. will they be eligible to play for Portugal as long as they haven't played for their natural country?)

Well done on the league mate, i bet you got a great sense of achievement from that! Whats next?

Well done on the league mate, i bet you got a great sense of achievement from that! Whats next?

Cheers mate
hopefully the champions league and then the world cup with portugal

November

Premier League

Rio Ave 0-1 Porto
Danilo

Porto 3-1 Nacional da Madeira
Markovic(2), Otamendi

Another 2 wins make it 11 out of 11 so far. Markovic has been my stand in striker as Pato is injured and Paco isn't quite ready for major first team football. The winner from Danilo was a complete fluke as it was one of those crosses that loops over the keeper and in.

Champions League

Porto 2-2 Tottenham
Dembele, Demir

Sion 0-5 Porto
Alex, Pato, Sakho, Florenzi(2)

Porto 3-1 Inter
Podolski(2), Rodriguez

A much better performance against spurs, who have won the Europa League for the past 3 seasons. It was great to see Dembele score against his former club. The win against Sion sealed our qualification into the knock-out stages in style. I wasn't expecting to do the double over Inter, that being said their squad is fairly weak and I don't see them being European contenders anytime soon.

Taca de Portugal
4th Round

Vit. Guimaraes 0-1 Porto
Demir

Once again Demir proves his worth by grabbing the winner which takes his tally to 9 goals this season. We've managed to avoid the big 2 again as we've been drawn against Oliveirense in the next round.

View attachment 311432 View attachment 311433

Friendly

Finland 0-3 Portugal
Fernando, Nani, Esteves

A couple of youngsters made their debuts but it wasn't anything to shout about really. So far I'm particularly impressed with the performances of Nani & Fernando while I've been in charge, both former players at Porto.

Transfer News

Lukas Podolski has agreed terms with Sevilla and will leave for £5.5m in January
Aleksandar Kolarov has agreed terms with Sampdoria and will leave for £6m in January
Michele Camporese has agreed terms with Liverpool and will leave for £10.5m in January
These were sold to free up some wages as they were earning nearly £300k PW combined

Any thoughts?

December

Premier League

Benfica 3-0 Porto

Maritimo 3-3 Porto
Alex, Pato, Florenzi

A disappointing month which saw us succumb to our first defeat in the league this season as well as our first draw. With us dropping 5 points this month, Sporting have taken the chance to close the gap to at the top.

Taca de Portugal
5th Round

Porto 3-1 Oliveirense
Solomun(2), Alex

Despite the 2 goal margin we really struggled in this game and I was relieved when the final whistle blew.

League Cup
3rd Phase

Porto 2-0 Vit. Guimaraes
Pato, Rodriguez

Porto 3-2 Vit. Setubal
Podolski(2), Solomun

Podolski's last game ended in a win and 2 goals. He's been a big player who's scored some vital goals for us in the 2 and a half seasons he was with us but his wages proved to costly and had to be sold.

Transfer News

5 more signings were agreed and will take place in January for a combined fee of £6.45m and they were all Brazilian, There seems to be loads of decent regens this year coming from Brazil. I will post screenshots of them in next months post.

Last edited:
January

Transfers
In

View attachment 311639View attachment 311640View attachment 311641View attachment 311642View attachment 311644View attachment 311645View attachment 311643

Only Samuel, Handanovic and Latuheru will probably be included in the first team this season, The rest will be loaned out.

Out

View attachment 311646

As I've previously mentioned, Podolski, Kolarov & Camporese left due to their big wages and the rest were loaned out to hopefully gain some first team experience in order to challenge for a place in the first team next season.

Premier League

Porto 2-1 Academica
Demir, Latuheru

Porto 1-2 Feirense
Latuheru

Porto 4-1 Braga
Latuheru(2), Demir, Otamendi

Latuheru's been great since joining from Dutch side AZ, with 4 goals in 3 games he is already justifying the £16.75m price that we paid for him.

Taca de Portugal
6th Round

Lusitania Acores 0-5 Porto
Florenzi(2), Caio, Alex, Latuheru

Semi Final

Porto 3-0 Sporting
Latuheru(2), Sakho

We've probably had the easiest of draws up until the semi's once again in this tournament, Lusitania are currently 3rd bottom in the second league. Latuheru makes 7 from 5 as we all but book our place in yet another Taca de Portugal Cup final.

League Cup
3rd Phase

Porto 4-0 Leixoes
Paco(2), Samuel(2)

A brace on his debut tells me that Samuel is going to be challenging Solomun for his place in the near in future.

Any thoughts on the new signings?

February

Other News

The draw for the Champions League knock-out stages were made, We have unfortunately been paired with current holders Man City (Ouch), to be the best I guess we got to beat the best. Also the draw for the semi final of the League cup was made, we will play Nacional da Madeira.

Premier League

Sporting 1-0 Porto

Olhanense 1-4 Porto
Alex, Latuheru, Samuel, Sakho

Porto 2-0 P. Ferreira
Florenzi, Latuheru

Vit. Guimaraes 1-2 Porto
Pato, Markovic

With that defeat against Sporting, they are now only 2 points behind us along with Benfica. We can no longer afford any more dips in form for the rest of the season.

Champions League
1st Knock-out Stage

Porto 1-1 Man City
Demir

Man City 3-1 Porto
Alex

We got the all important first goal in the 2nd leg and we were pushing for a second until Yaya Toure equalized and then the tie just swung the holders way. Another poor showing in the competition this year.

League Cup
Semi Final

Porto 2-0 Nacional da Madeira
Rodriguez, (OG)

So we head into another cup final after a less than impressive win.

View attachment 311668

Last edited:
Very nice regens in there mate. Going well in the league and cups aswell, good stuff

March

Premier League

Porto 3-1 Estoril
Demir(2), Latuheru(2)

Vit. Setubal 0-4 Porto
Markovic, Alex, Solomun, Florenzi

Porto 8-0 Leixoes
Rodriguez, Demir, Dembele, Solomun, Latuheru(3), Sakho

Porto 1-0 Rio Ave
Latuheru

We are starting to play like we were in the earlier stages of the season, scoring plenty of goals and keep the conceding to a minimum. Latuheru is proving that he is too good for this league.

World Cup Qualifier

Portugal 4-4 Ukraine
Alex, Oliveira(2), (OG)

WHAT A GAME!!!! we shouldn't have drawn it though. 3-0 up at half time and looking really strong. Ukraine came out in the 2nd half and never let us have the ball, they turned it round to 3-4 to them before an own goal gave us the point in the last minute of the game.

Youth Intake

There is nothing really to say about this as for the 5th season now we have been unable to produce anybody worth keeping on at the club. We are unable to expand our youth facilities & training facilities due to us not being able to afford it. We also cant afford to become a parent club in the hope of bringing in youth prospects from another team.

April

Premier League

Gil Vicente 2-2 Porto
Latuheru, Demir

Nacional da Madeira 0-0 Porto

Porto 5-0 Benfica
Latuheru(3), Sakho(2)

Porto 3-0 Maritimo
Latuheru(2), Solomun

Despite the wins against Benfica & Maritimo, this has to go down as a very poor month as if we had beaten both Vicente & Madeira then we would have near enough taken the title against Maritimo. Now as it stands we must win our remaining 2 games to hold of Sporting and retain the league title.

Taca de Portugal
Semi Final

Sporting 0-3 Porto
Florenzi, Solomun, Latuheru

We had basically sealed our place in the final after the 1st leg in which the score was the same. Sporting was never really in the game and set out a weaker team in the hope of beating us in the League cup final.

League Cup
Final

Porto 2-1 Sporting
Florenzi, Pato

Sportings decision to rest a few key players in the Taca de Portugal backfired somewhat, as they couldn't eat us for the 2nd consecutive game and we once again walk away with the League cup taking my tally to 8 cups in 5 seasons.

May

Premier League

Academica 0-5 Porto
Pato(2), Rodriguez, Latuheru, Demir

Feirense 2-2 Porto
Pato, Latuheru

AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!! We started off by demolishing Academica so now only a win stands between us and the league title. Sporting had already won so we knew we had to win to clinch it by a point. All 4 goals came inside 9 second half minutes (72-81) in them 9 minutes we must have had at least 10 shots at goal while Feirense had 2. In the final 10 minutes I decided to move everybody but 1 defender upfront in the hope of grabbing the all important winner. But it wasn't to be, 2nd place will have to do I suppose.

Taca de Portugal
Final

Porto 2-1 Braga
Florenzi(2)

I think they should rename this cup after me after we lifted it for 5th time in 5 seasons. Gives me the chance of winning the Supertaca next season.

View attachment 311775
I should have the End Of Season review up in the next hour or 2

Last edited:
End Of Season 2016/2017

Competition Winners

Premier League - Sporting
Taca de Portugal -
Porto
League Cup -
Porto
Supertaca -
Rio Ave
Champions League -
Man City
Europa League -
Werder Bremen
European Super Cup -
Tottenham

Award Winners

Player Of The Year - Arda Demir (Porto)
Most Assists -
James Rodriguez (Porto)
Top Goalscorer -
Ricky Van Wolfswinkel (Sporting)
Young Player Of The Year -
Vitor Fonseca (Gil Vicente)
Manager Of The Year -
Frank Vercauteren (Sporting)
Personality Of The Year -
Alessandro Florenzi (Porto)

Team Summary

View attachment 311825

World Cup Qualifier

Portugal 3-0 Armenia
Miguel Rosa, Rui Fonte, Oliveira

View attachment 311839

Unbelievable that mate, so unlucky with the league. Love reading your story as its great to see how two stories on the same team can go in different directions.

In answer to your question on Chelsea in my story no they havent really signed too many big names, Lewis Holtby being the biggest. Ive just had January on mine and my forms turned around check it out, signed Florenzi on mine aswell.

Whats your aims with Porto? Champions League? Dominate the league?

Pre-Season

Transfers

View attachment 312345

Another season in which we only brought in players for the future. The more stand out players are probably,

View attachment 312348View attachment 312349View attachment 312350

Only 1 major player going out, Iturbe was never really in plans and I kept loaning him so I was quite pleased when we got an offer of £8.25m from Inter. The rest were just young players loaned out to gain some experience hopefully.

Friendlies

View attachment 312354

Another solid pre-season, not sure what happened in the 1st game against Bristol City, Pato's becoming very injury prone again so might have to cash in on him before he starts to decrease in value.

August

Supertaca

Sporting 0-2 Porto
Fagner, Demir

Even though this is the 6th consecutive season we've played this game its only the second time we've managed to win it. Now we have a chance of dominating Portugese football this season.

Champions League
Best Placed Qualifier

Rangers 3-4 Porto
Florenzi(3), Sousa

Porto 2-1 Rangers
Solomun, Sousa

Was quite surprised to draw Rangers although they do seem to be coming back to their best after bouncing back to the SPL after consecutive promotions and then two 2nd place finishes behind Celtic.

Best Placed Play-off

Leverkusen 2-3 Porto
Sakho, Solomun, Rodriguez

Porto 2-1 Leverkusen
Rodriguez, Markovic

We've finally made it into the Champions League group stages after having to qualify through one round further down than usual. Portugese football seems to have had a massive hit as Sporting also had to qualify despite topping the league last season.

Premier League

Porto 5-0 Feirense
Markovic, Florenzi, Solomun(3)

Olhanense 1-5 Porto
Demir, Florenzi(2), Markovic, Samuel

Couldn't have asked for a better start to the league, 10 goals scored and only 1 conceded. Solomun just keeps on improving, more interest was shown in him and Demir this month. We really need to start progressing in Europe if we are to keep hold of them.

Friendly

Greece 0-0 Portugal

Nothing really to mention as my assistant took charge.

September

Other News

The Champions League group Stage has been made and we could be struggling to qualify top again as we face 1 of our old enemies.

View attachment 312372View attachment 312373View attachment 312374View attachment 312375

Anderlecht & Olympiakos shouldn't really pose much of a threat. I'm pretty sure that the games against Juventus are going to decide the winners of the group.

Premier League

Porto 5-0 Leixoes
Latuheru(3), Florenzi, Rodriguez

Vit. Guimaraes 2-5 Porto
Markovic(2), Rodriguez(2), Florenzi

Porto 2-0 Maritimo
Rodriguez, Demir

Rio Ave 1-3 Porto
Latuheru(2), Rodriguez

Another 15 goals see us claim all the points on offer this month as we edge clear of Benfica as they lost to Sporting. Its good to see Rodriguez scoring this month as his place is under threat due to the form of Markovic & Florenzi.

Champions League

Juventus 3-0 Porto

I knew this was going to be difficult but we were completely torn apart and they deserved to score double figures. Probably the worst performance to date during my time here.

World Cup Qualifier

Romania 1-4 Portugal
Moutinho, Rosa, Oliveira(2)

Portugal 4-0 Luxembourg
Pizzi(2), Rosa, Oliveira

After the win in Lisbon against Luxembourg we have moved into 1st in the group on goal difference, if we win in our next game against Ukraine we should be through to the World Cup finals as we will hold a 3 point lead over them with a game left to play.

*Tables will be next post*

Last edited: