The npower Football League Thread.

So it's THAT day again. I wonder how badly that **** artist chairman of ours will **** our season this time round.

Will never beat the 'Beattie's got flu' story so he can't play.

Let's be honest, even Brian the Blade from Praise or Grumble knows it. Your ******.

-----------------Kirkland-----------------
---Buxton-----Llera-----Taylor-----R Johnson---
---Antonio-----Semedo-----McCabe-----J Johnson---
------------Bothroyd---------Rodri------------

Now lets be honest, can you see a better Championship squad? and there style of play. Say Blackburn and I'll hunt you down like theres no tomorrow.

So how do we punish teams in admin then?? This is a genuine question. If you think points deductions are unfair you suggest a reason how it can be done better.

Do we just let them come out of admin and then be allowed to buy players to take them straight to promotion after having the slate wiped completely clean??

I also never said it should mean you have to support my views on it after all what would be the point of a forum if we all had the same view.

For the record I do feel sorry for the fans but the fact is the owners shouldn't have gone around spending money they didn't have. We do have a right to feel aggrieved considering the amount of wage cuts my club is currently having to make to avoid slipping into more debt and so do other fans who's clubs are paying and living with in their means.

just noticed the two people who liked this are a sheffield united fan and a southampton fan also anyone heard anything on bogdanovic coming to pompey???

Now lets be honest, can you see a better Championship squad? and there style of play. Say Blackburn and I'll hunt you down like theres no tomorrow.

black......pool

You've got a cracking player in Bothroyd, on his day best striker in league, you need to hope he doesnt have a down patch however as he's the most miserable, moody person you could see on a pitch however saying that would have him back in a heartbeat (Cardiff) plus you got DJ aswell who is a top manager, you look strong fair play, I would say our attacking options are one of - if not the - best in the league let down by our weak defence

Why is our chairman playing centre mid for you?? :O

Congratulations on getting Kirkland through 5 games without him picking up an injury.

Cardiff City sign Nicky Maynard, great stuff! Been wanting him to sign for a couple of seasons

Attacking Options
Nicky Maynard
Kim BoKyung
Craig Bellamy
Heider Helguson
Joe Mason
Tommy Smith
Etien Velikonja
Craig Conway
Craig Noone

Very potent goalscoring attacking force, if we can tighten that defence - Mutch, Gunnarsson, Whittingham in midfield, Marshall - imo one of the best keepers in the league. We can be a real threat, I'd actually like to suggest us to be up there with one of the best squads in the league, with a few more defenders in the loan window

Last edited:
Why is our chairman playing centre mid for you?? :O

Congratulations on getting Kirkland through 5 games without him picking up an injury.

Hahaha, its funny you say that because the last time he was actually injured was 2 years ago... hows your Mark Howard doing, Clinton Morrison is just fine, just thought i'd let you know ;)

You've got a cracking player in Bothroyd, on his day best striker in league, you need to hope he doesnt have a down patch however as he's the most miserable, moody person you could see on a pitch however saying that would have him back in a heartbeat (Cardiff) plus you got DJ aswell who is a top manager, you look strong fair play, I would say our attacking options are one of - if not the - best in the league let down by our weak defence

We had rumours saying we wanted Whittingham at one point, but Wednesday are just like you, weak at the back, btw was Darcy Blake 5ft5 this time last year? just a general question. even if we don't have Bothroyd we have O'Grady whos in outstanding form and Madine who looks like hes coming round.

Cardiff City sign Nicky Maynard, great stuff! Been wanting him to sign for a couple of seasons

Attacking Options
Nicky Maynard
Kim BoKyung
Craig Bellamy
Heider Helguson
Joe Mason
Tommy Smith
Etien Velikonja
Craig Conway
Craig Noone

Very potent goalscoring attacking force, if we can tighten that defence - Mutch, Gunnarsson, Whittingham in midfield, Marshall - imo one of the best keepers in the league. We can be a real threat, I'd actually like to suggest us to be up there with one of the best squads in the league, with a few more defenders in the loan window
Marshall IS THE BEST BEST!!!! Keeper in the league.

I'll reply to both your messages in one reply

Whittingham was not going anywhere in my eyes, if he was it wouldve been to the PL, imo hes one of the best pest players in the league - defo top 5. I suppose there were a lot of Cardiff to Wednesday links due to DJ. Yes, Darcy Blake was always small thankfully he's moved onto Palace, poor player, poor attitude (rather drink than train.) Marshall is top quality, one of the best 'shot-stoppers' i've seen, saved us many a time most recently v Huddersfield, (him and the potent goalscoring prowess of Mark Hudson!)

We need a winger so we sign a striker great logic Blades. Some next brain power at the top of our club ain't there FFS!!!!

We need a winger so we sign a striker great logic Blades. Some next brain power at the top of our club ain't there FFS!!!!

I've just had a look on Bladesmad/Facebook and I genuinely worry about the sanity of some of our supporters, we could probably sign a dog **** and they'd clap away and tell people to give it a chance etc.

I'm not ****** off because we've signed Kitson. I'm ****** off because we've signed ANOTHER striker who's no different to Cresswell/Porter. Doesn't it concern some of them in the slightest that our only natural wideman, who isn't from the youth team, is Flynn? Do they remember that we lost Quinny yesterday? I certainly do. It's contradictory beyond belief to talk about us 'cutting the cloth accordingly disposing of high earners' and then talk about wasting resources on a journeyman striker as a potentially good signing. We're woefully short on the flanks and I'm baffled as to why we're wasting time with Kitson when we should have been looking at widemen.

These loan signings best be good, and I mean good; not just this 'Larnell Cole' or some other kid from Man United.

I can't wait for today, Creswell bombing down the left and Flynn bombing down the right. Fantastic.

kitson is poor his attitude stinks and misses so many simple chances started off like a house on fire then just faded away never liked him

kitson for me is a weird signing hes probably better than porter but why give porter a contract. we don't need both we need someone like ryan hall at southend or n'guesen who can take the game to the defence and cause trouble
great win yesterday flynn was brilliant and a 3rd beauty by cofie but mccalister isnt a winger and our defence looks shaky and i think it is because wwe just let attackers turn and run at us

finally well done cressy takes a pay cut just to play and scores a beauty and gave our forward line brilliant work rate and stopped bournemoyuth from passing there way out

I've just had a look on Bladesmad/Facebook and I genuinely worry about the sanity of some of our supporters, we could probably sign a dog **** and they'd clap away and tell people to give it a chance etc.

I'm not ****** off because we've signed Kitson. I'm ****** off because we've signed ANOTHER striker who's no different to Cresswell/Porter. Doesn't it concern some of them in the slightest that our only natural wideman, who isn't from the youth team, is Flynn? Do they remember that we lost Quinny yesterday? I certainly do. It's contradictory beyond belief to talk about us 'cutting the cloth accordingly disposing of high earners' and then talk about wasting resources on a journeyman striker as a potentially good signing. We're woefully short on the flanks and I'm baffled as to why we're wasting time with Kitson when we should have been looking at widemen.

These loan signings best be good, and I mean good; not just this 'Larnell Cole' or some other kid from Man United.

I can't wait for today, Creswell bombing down the left and Flynn bombing down the right. Fantastic.

I said yesterday when we went one down I bet all those who used to slag Quinny were feeling a tad stupid. Bournemouth were tearing us a new **** hole down the left and it took us 20 mins to realise it.

One thing is for sure we will struggle to keep clean sheets cause our defence is like Julian Clary's ****. (Very leaky)

Although Cresswell came on and if it weren't for Cofie's goal that had of been goal of the game. He had no right to win that header but did. Don't understand the criticism of Cresswell. He's a guy what puts a shift and yes he can't play 90 mins but that could be due to the fact he's at the back end of his career.

Cardiff 3 - 1 Wolves

We played well!! Like good, exciting football!! First time in yonks!

Craig Noone what a player!!!
Peter Whittingham - how is he not playing PL, surely the best player outside the PL, superb hattrick

I'll reply to both your messages in one reply

Whittingham was not going anywhere in my eyes, if he was it wouldve been to the PL, imo hes one of the best pest players in the league - defo top 5. I suppose there were a lot of Cardiff to Wednesday links due to DJ. Yes, Darcy Blake was always small thankfully he's moved onto Palace, poor player, poor attitude (rather drink than train.) Marshall is top quality, one of the best 'shot-stoppers' i've seen, saved us many a time most recently v Huddersfield, (him and the potent goalscoring prowess of Mark Hudson!)
Darcy Blake was 5ft5 last year and now he's 5ft10 I went to palace the other day, hes had a growth spurt.
Whittingham was never going to come anyway, surprised no prem team has snatched him yet.