The OMGAWD Rooney signs new 5 year contract thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 254
  • Views Views 16K
i thought his new contract is worth 150k a week so thats more then 30k more but less then what ronaldo gets

Billy you have any idea how much he has been offered? Looking at your posts, you seem pretty confident he is on nearly 200K.

There are only two reasons for this u-turn:

1. Rooney has been promised that he will be sold in the summer for a bumper price, as a result of this new contract length.
2. Rooney has decided to stay at United for a bumper contract upgrade, as a result of Ferguson bending over.

Those are the only options available to you. Pick wisely, and we'll see which one is right in due time.

There are only two reasons for this u-turn:

1. Rooney has been promised that he will be sold in the summer for a bumper price, as a result of this new contract length.
2. Rooney has decided to stay at United for a bumper contract upgrade, as a result of Ferguson bending over.

Those are the only options available to you. Pick wisely, and we'll see which one is right in due time.

3. Ferguson and Gill gurentee that major players will be bought to help him

That would only be an option if United had any real money available to them, sorry.

Pick again.

Again you are making your own judgement. Did you see SAF's interview when he said we went for Villa, but he didnt want to leave Spain.? That means we have money. How much we have access is another debate. We need only one creative mid and our squad will be complete. And i think we have enough money to buy one.

If you had decent money available, then Rooney wouldn't have been able to make Ferguson bend over for him, and you would have been looking at potential replacements.

CtPauley, I think your bias towards United is blinding you a bit, but I guess we'll see.

As for your squad, sunilvk7, we must be looking at different team sheets, because your squad is far from complete.

Billy, when man utd buy bale you won't be saying we have no funds

If you had decent money available, then Rooney wouldn't have been able to make Ferguson bend over for him, and you would have been looking at potential replacements.

CtPauley, I think your bias towards United is blinding you a bit, but I guess we'll see.

As for your squad, sunilvk7, we must be looking at different team sheets, because your squad is far from complete.

Oh we have got no money still we spent 10M on smalling, 7M on Hernandez, 7M on Bebe. Thats 24M and i think we spent second highest in the league. Oh wait, we dont have money.

Billy, when man utd buy bale you won't be saying we have no funds

Way to prove my bias theory wrong.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Oh we have got no money still we spent 10M on smalling, 7M on Hernandez, 7M on Bebe. Thats 24M and i think we spent second highest in the league. Oh wait, we dont have money.

All average players at best, for average amounts each.

When you spend 30-50 million on a world class player, I'll take notice.

to be honest the situation lies somewhere in between you and billy's views. Any major purchase is a bigger gamble than ever. considerable funds, maybe but we're talking maybe 40million max, and the financial implications of spending that are huge

Way to prove my bias theory wrong.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

All average players at best, for average amounts each.

When you spend 30-50 million on a world class player, I'll take notice.

Maybe you think you are arguing with City supporter. We have spent 20M on Berba and Veron. Thats it. You dont have anything to back your posts, just some random gibberish.

Ferguson does seem to be looking at building a squad with some youth players right now. Smalling, Fabio, Rafael (and Jonny Evans is 22) etc building from the back. Other than the defenders he has Gibson (22?), Macheda, Wellbeck, Anderson, Obertan & Cleverley all 21 or under.

If he's trying to save money by not having big name signings, he's got to hope many of these start deserving first team appearances.

This is the guy that brought through both Neville brothers, Beckham, Scholes, Giggs etc. I know all of those were similar ages and British etc but the amount of foreign players in clubs now has changed.

Last edited:
to be honest the situation lies somewhere in between you and billy's views. Any major purchase is a bigger gamble than ever. considerable funds, maybe but we're talking maybe 40million max, and the financial implications of spending that are huge

Maybe or maybe not. In SAF's interview he has said many times, we have funds, we have gone for Villa, He feels our current crop of youngsters and he wantes them to step up. ManUtd is not all about buying world class player. Buy youngsters and groom them, plus promote our own academy players.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Ferguson does seem to be looking at building a squad with some youth players right now. Smalling, Fabio, Rafael (and Jonny Evans is 22) etc building from the back. Other than the defenders he has Gibson (22?), Macheda, Wellbeck, Anderson, Obertan, Cleverley all 21 or under.

If he's trying to save money by not having big name signings, he's got to hope many of these start deserving first team appearances

Exactly, we have very good youngsters who can prove their worth, why spend silly money when you can have the same quality player in few years.

Cant say I am suprised by this. Rooney has alienated alot of his staunch followers by pwning Ferguson. Will be interesting now to see if he releases a statement of apology to the fans.

Anyhow did Gerrard not do something similar with Liverpool a few years ago when he flirted with Chelsea.? Some fans even burnt his shirt. Then he did a U-turn.

Cant say I am suprised by this. Rooney has alienated alot of his staunch followers by pwning Ferguson. Will be interesting now to see if he releases a statement of apology to the fans.

Anyhow did Gerrard not do something similar with Liverpool a few years ago when he flirted with Chelsea.? Some fans even burnt his shirt. Then he did a U-turn.

SAF said Rooney has apologized to Team and him. He also said Rooney will apologize to supporters, waiting for it.

yeah i remember that. re: rooney he'll have to do his apologising the way gerrard and terry did, on the pitch to win over the majority of fans

Back