The OMGAWD Rooney signs new 5 year contract thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 254
  • Views Views 16K
He has a **** of a lot of making up to do. Glad he is staying but the fact he was considering a move away will still linger in many United fans minds

"I've talked to the manager and the owners and they've convinced me this is where I belong. Oh and they gave me more money."

"I've talked to the manager and the owners and they've convinced me this is where I belong. Oh and they gave me more money."

More money wasn't the issue, he was offered a wage increase of £30k in August and turned it down.

As this seems to be a troll fest already I'll join in:

LOOL.... can't spell. Typical Liverpool fan.

I am not english and i am sure i can speak and spell better then most of the people here ;). So shut up :D

anyway i am sorry if i generalised. :)

Last edited:
does this mean United have given him assurences that the squad will be improved?
- i think i'm pleased he's staying but i wasn't his biggest fan before all this **** blew up anyway. Stay or go, the squad needs improving, i hope it does in the next 18 months. I don't agree with player power but if big name signings come as a result of this then nobody will care about this saga in a year or so

Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed that Wayne Rooney has apologised for putting Manchester United through the wringer.
A hectic week at Old Trafford
spacer.gif
has seen a contract dispute between club and player go full circle.
On Tuesday it was revealed that Rooney
spacer.gif
had no intention of signing an extension to his existing deal and was actively looking to move on.
Intense transfer speculation followed; with it widely accepted that it was only a matter of time before the England international departed for pastures new.
However, in a dramatic U-turn, Rooney has been persuaded to stay on by the United hierarchy and signed a new five-year contract with the Red Devils on Friday.
The penning of fresh terms brings to an end any fears United supporters, and their illustrious manager, held regarding the future of their star turn.
Mistake

The matter has caused mass hysteria all round, though, and Rooney has been forced to accept that his actions were ill-advised.
As a result, he has apologised to Ferguson
spacer.gif
and his team-mates for creating a distracting side show and will say sorry to the fans once he has the opportunity to do so.
"He apologised to me this morning and to the players," the United boss told MUTV.
"I think he will do that with the fans, which is important.
"We have all been hurt by the events of the last couple of days, but I always feel it is a good quality in a person when they say they're sorry and realise that they have made a mistake. That happens, particularly with young people.
"The job now is to put it behind us, get Wayne Rooney back on that pitch and playing in the way that Wayne Rooney can play and we know he can play."

So he apologized to SAF and players.

As this seems to be a troll fest already I'll join in:

LOOL.... can't spell. Typical Liverpool fan.

*Belenenses (Portuguese 2nd division), FC Porto, Leeds, Liverpool, Rangers and JOSÉ MOURINHO!...........fan

Then say "I want to leave" so Utd will be forced to offer him more money.

He told Gill he wasn't sure about signing a new contract in August..

God I can't wait to see Rooney's next goal.. I wonder what the celebration will be like? and I wonder if we're going to go in for any special players in January now..

He told Gill he wasn't sure about signing a new contract in August..

God I can't wait to see Rooney's next goal.. I wonder what the celebration will be like? and I wonder if we're going to go in for any special players in January now..
you'll be waiting at least three weeks, and i dont think we will see any new players in january

This has Man Utd/Ronaldo saga all over it, Sign a contract keep fans happy and we'll let you go in summer.

I for one wouldnt be sad to see the scouse **** go. Maybe then we can build a proper team that involves 11 players on the pitch rather than 10 and a egotistic **** that apart from last season wastes more clear cut chances on goal, we would be better of with heskey up front.(sarcasm)

I don't think most of you seem to understand the real reason why this isn't such a good thing for United.

Think of it this way:

The Glazer family are firmly in control of your club currently, because of the money the club makes in merchandising and TV money. Rooney is a huge part of both of these, especially merchandising lately since his performances on the pitch haven't contributed to many results. If he did in fact leave, then your club would have lost the biggest name on their books and your merchandising money would have taken a huge hit, resulting in a loss of revenue for Malcolm Glazer and his merry men.

It's things like this that need to happen if you ever want rid of the owners you all act like you despise so much.

As it stands, Rooney's decision to stick around means that not only will it keep the majority of the supporters happy, and their money spent in the United stores which in turn lines the Glazer pockets, but it also means that he has managed to make Ferguson look like nothing more than someone who bows down to Rooney's demands, which has never happened in the past.

Last edited:
Very pleased he is staying. I haven't once abused him although I was almost certain that he was going to leave. I think we probably did offer him more money than we originally did, but hey if it keeps one of the best players in the league/world at the club, then why not? We wouldn't of given him more than we can afford so I'm all for it.

I wonder what the odds are on him scoring the winner against City at City of Manchester Stadium on his return from his ankle injury?

Back