The OMGAWD Rooney signs new 5 year contract thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 254
  • Views Views 16K
yeah i remember that. re: rooney he'll have to do his apologising the way gerrard and terry did, on the pitch to win over the majority of fans

Thought so. So many Liverpool fans dont really have room to criticise Rooney for this as their messiah did the same.

Exactly, we have very good youngsters who can prove their worth, why spend silly money when you can have the same quality player in few years.[/QUOTE]

With all the stuff thats going on with the Glazers I think conserving money right now is a better option for United.

Keeping Rooney will probably be a good thing once all the hype has gone. Hoping he will return to form too. He will need to build his respect back up in the squad but its do-able.

Rafael is probably the most likely to get his name in the 1st team now (imo). Nevilles on his way out to retire. Going to be harder for Fabio displacing Evra though.

Way to prove my bias theory wrong.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

All average players at best, for average amounts each.

When you spend 30-50 million on a world class player, I'll take notice.

So that you haters will be able to call them flops yet again like what you all call Berbatov, Veron etc (and Bebe to a lesser extent)? I'd rather not.

Maybe you think you are arguing with City supporter. We have spent 20M on Berba and Veron. Thats it. You dont have anything to back your posts, just some random gibberish.

Think you'll find that both of those transfers were around 30 million, not 20.

I quoted such a high figure for you because it's what you need if you hope to compete at the top level for the foreseeable future; a few world class players that will cost the club a decent figure. Since you supposedly have 168 million in your accounts, it surely isn't too much to ask to spend 30-50?

Your squad is far from being complete. It's full of average players, coupled with some quality who are carrying them, the biggest name being Rooney.

So that you haters will be able to call them flops yet again like what you all call Berbatov, Veron etc (and Bebe to a lesser extent)? I'd rather not.

To be fair Veron wasn't the best and United were lucky to offload him for a good price to Chelsea.

And Berbatov, although playing well recently, still doesn't merit the fee paid (yet)

Bebe hasn't even played in the 1st team so nobody can really say he doesnt justify the fee yet

Think you'll find that both of those transfers were around 30 million, not 20.

I quoted such a high figure for you because it's what you need if you hope to compete at the top level for the foreseeable future; a few world class players that will cost the club a decent figure. Since you supposedly have 168 million in your accounts, it surely isn't too much to ask to spend 30-50?

Your squad is far from being complete. It's full of average players, coupled with some quality who are carrying them, the biggest name being Rooney.

Typo, it was 30.

So VDS, Vidic, Rio, Evra, Flethcer, Scholes, Nani, Valencia, Berba, Rooney are average players. We dont need to spend 40-50M on one player to make you believe we have money.How idiotic is that. Our squad is just a player or two short of complete squad. And i dont want someone to acknowledge that.

Oh we have got no money still we spent 10M on smalling, 7M on Hernandez, 7M on Bebe. Thats 24M and i think we spent second highest in the league. Oh wait, we dont have money.

A cumulative total that yes could buy us a world class playmaker a la Sneijder.

Difference is we dont have the funds to finance another bumper wage packet imo. Those boys will all be on less than 10k a week whereas a 30million AMC is going to want 100k minimum.

We cannot afford this, look into the finances for yourself, its there in black and white.

Last edited:
Quality: Vidic, Evra, Nani, Valencia, Rooney.

Average: Gibson, Carrick, Fletcher, Neville, Rafael, Fabio, Evans, Hernandez, Owen, Park, Kuszczak, Scholes, Giggs, Smalling, Brown, O'Shea, Macheda, Obertan.

Ferdinand, Berbatov and VDS have the ability to be quality, but they are crocked, inconsistent and ancient, in that order.

You'll probably disagree, but I don't really care. Chelsea's and City's squad are many times better than yours now. You need major financial investment to get anywhere close.

A cumulative total that yes could buy us a world class playmaker a la Sneijder.

Difference is we dont have the funds to finance another bumper wage packet imo. Those boys will all be on less than 10k a week whereas a 30million AMC is going to want 100k minimum.

We cannot afford this, look into the finances for yourself, its there in black and white.
we still got the 95 million that could come out at anytime for the PIKs as well, since there no longer a restriction on that

Typo, it was 30.

So VDS, Vidic, Rio, Evra, Flethcer, Scholes, Nani, Valencia, Berba, Rooney are average players. We dont need to spend 40-50M on one player to make you believe we have money.How idiotic is that. Our squad is just a player or two short of complete squad. And i dont want someone to acknowledge that.

VDS and Scholes on brink of retirement, Fletcher for all his hard work is simply not world class imo. Doubts remain over Rios long term fitness.

i think if Fergie wanted £30 million for a player, he could have convinced the Glazers to invest in the summer. He has been widely criticised for spending big and wasting money in the past however, so I think it's unlikey to happen in the near future anyway. Players such as Veron, Berbatov and Anderson haven't justified the fees paid...yet

@Billy You really seem to hate man united.. :/

If Fergie identifies a player he wants for a lot of money, he will try to sign him.. he put in around 35 million for David Villa in the summer..so it's not like the money definitely isn't there. Also it's amazing how United haven't spent as big as City and Chelsea, yet have had more success than them in recent years with a squad with barely any world class players (apparently). United have young players such as Nani, Hernandez and Rafael who are around 3/4/5 years away from being world class and their development is crucial. The only position United really need to sort out is a creative midfielder, perhaps we could even scout a little gem out of nowhere.. you never know.

Even if United don't have money, I don't understand the reasoning behind people saying "Chelsea and City have much better squads" when being taken over by a bazillionaire and given 500 million to spend is hardly what you'd call a real football team with determination, they haven't achieved success in order to claim themselves as bigger clubs.. they just have more money. The only thing attracting people to clubs like these rather than United is the huge chequebook...

Quality: Vidic, Evra, Nani, Valencia, Rooney.

Average: Gibson, Carrick, Fletcher, Neville, Rafael, Fabio, Evans, Hernandez, Owen, Park, Kuszczak, Scholes, Giggs, Smalling, Brown, O'Shea, Macheda, Obertan.

Ferdinand, Berbatov and VDS have the ability to be quality, but they are crocked, inconsistent and ancient, in that order.

You'll probably disagree, but I don't really care. Chelsea's and City's squad are many times better than yours now. You need major financial investment to get anywhere close.

Fletcher is above average and you know it. VDS inconsistent and crocked. what are you on about he played the majority of last seasons games. only missed one this year. and made one real mistake in like 3 season. To call Scholes average is just an insult to football, same goes for giggs.

Nice to see you dismissed young players like Herdandez, evans, rafael, fabio, macheda, obertan and smalling as average, when there only going to get better. they have the potential to all be top class players.

we finished 2 points of last season, is that pretty close.

Last edited:
Fletcher is above average and you know it. VDV inconsistent and crocked. what are you on about he played the majority of last seasons games. only missed one this year. and made one real mistake in like 3 season. To call Scholes average is just an insult to football, same goes for giggs.

Nice to see you dismissed young players like Herdandez, evans, rafael, fabio, macheda, obertan and smalling as average, when there only going to get better. they have the potential to all be top class players.

1 point off*

Fletcher is above average and you know it. VDV inconsistent and crocked. what are you on about he played the majority of last seasons games. only missed one this year. and made one real mistake in like 3 season. To call Scholes average is just an insult to football, same goes for giggs.

Macheda, Obertan and Smalling are all pretty crappy, I'd be amazed if they become half decent players.

I agreed abouy VDV though, I think he's pretty ove-rated, when you put crosses into him, he flaps and struggles to get them out. His good back four is the only thing protecting him.

Macheda, Obertan and Smalling are all pretty crappy, I'd be amazed if they become half decent players.

I agreed abouy VDV though, I think he's pretty ove-rated, when you put crosses into him, he flaps and struggles to get them out. His good back four is the only thing protecting him.

Do you mean VDS?

VDV is Van der Vaart.

Back