Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

The Only Way Is Up!!!!! - Klippybo's San Marino Story

Premium
Reaction score

WELCOME

After my extremely successful (albeit short) Newcastle save I have finally plucked up the courage to have a crack at this infamous challenge (Sam91 has suggested I do this for ages!!!!). You know the drill - take both club and country to the top of world football.

As an FM player I always look to develop rather than buy so this should suit me quite well and to get a Sammarinese Aitor Herrera would be immense! I am going into this challenge quite innocently and with no pre-conceived ideas but I know I am going to have to develop youngsters big time.

Anywho that will be all for now and as ever I will use the same 4-2-3-1 tactic that has led me to glory so often in the past.

I hope you will follow and we shall probably soon see what the game will look like in 2099!!!!! lol

Reaction score
definitely following this!! Can't wait for the Sammarinese Aitor!!

Reaction score
i know aitor was class but you have to let it go lol cant wait to see this good luck not that you will need it

Reaction score
Good luck pal :) will follow as always!!

Reaction score
Now here we go! Someone who will see this through to conclusion and will post lovely regular updates! I'm following this :D

Reaction score
Happy to see you too are playing with San Marino... Good luck, can't wait for the next update.

Premium
Reaction score

AUGUST

Where to start? While assessing my squad I realised it is better than my Castel di Sangro squad in last years game but a major overhaul is required. I have a £500k transfer budget but I am reluctant to spend it so it was all free transfers for me.

I brought in a few youngsters but these were the players I brought in for the first team (including Eder Bau who I used to sign in FM as an 18y/o).
View attachment 324204View attachment 324206View attachment 324205

I made some changes to the coaching staff but due to my financial constraints it is a case of evolution and not revolution.

On the pitch we performed pretty well in the cup as we got a great away win and then took a Serie B side to extra-time.

------------------------------------------------------

Coppa Italia 1st Qualifying Round
Portogruaro 1-4 San Marino
Coda 2(1pen), Ferrero, Villanova

We fell behind early on, quickly equalised and then they had a man sent-off and we played them off the park.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Coppa Italia 2nd Qualifying Round
Ascoli 4-2 San Marino
Coda 2
AET

An upset was on the cards for a while but their superior fitness won the game for them in extra-time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

NATIONAL TEAM

Friendly

San Marino 0-3 Iceland

We managed to hold them at bay until the 33rd minute. Not a bad start - I think!

To be honest I only picked the GK, RB and ST as all the rest were pathetic so I let the assistant pick the remainder. It seems as though I need the club to rise through the divisions ASAP to get some decent youngsters in.

Reaction score
Have you looked at fortunatti? Best serie c player you can probably find

Premium
Reaction score
Have you looked at fortunatti? Best serie c player you can probably find
Cheers for the tip. Will check him out. Considered loaning a few players from Serie A clubs but decided against it

Reaction score
Doing great. You should loan players. I call fastest SM challenge completion ever.

Reaction score
Which leagues are loaded up and are u using any editor data

Premium
Reaction score

SEPTEMBER

A decent month I suppose but also one that could have been better as we dropped points at home twice. That said we did win away twice and finish the month level top!

I brought in a new player after the transfer window - Julio Colombo came in from Montpellier on a free transfer. Whether he will be my new LB or CB I am unsure.
View attachment 324386

---------------------------------------------------

San Marino 1-0 Cremonese
Coda

We had 2 shots on target and scored twice (2nd one was disallowed) but it was still enough to start the league campaign with 3pts.

------------------------------------------------------------

Virtus Entella 0-2 San Marino
Coda (pen), Pigini

We seem to keep getting penalties! Thats the 3rd already this season.

----------------------------------------------------------------

San Marino 0-0 Cuneo

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

---------------------------------------------------------------

Portogruaro 1-2 San Marino
Pacciardi, Villanova

Once again we take advantage of Portogruaro having a player sent-off.

----------------------------------------------------------------

San Marino 1-1 Reggiana
Coda

2 home games on the trot now that we have dropped points = worried manager!

------------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MASSIMO CODA

View attachment 324384

--------------------------------------------------------------------

NATIONAL TEAM

FIFA World Cup Quals Group 8

San Marino 0-4 Poland

Hmm. Still not bad. We were 3 down after 15min and then started to perform. Ended up with 7 shots (one hit the upright) and 43% of posession. Moldova lost 6-1 so we are not bottom of the group at least.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

England 8-0 San Marino

1 down after 43sec, 3 down after 8min, 5 down at half-time. To be expected I suppose. What was worrying was that we didnt have a shot on goal unless you count the stoppage time own goal we scored.

Moldova lost 5-1 to put us bottom of the group.

Reaction score
good work keep it up 1 thing it seems like you is not liking this save or is that just me

Premium
Reaction score
good work keep it up 1 thing it seems like you is not liking this save or is that just me
struggling - but that is just down to the fact that i dont know my squad etc. think this season will be the toughest to get through and then things will get easier.

as for the national team - i just want to score a goal!!!

Reaction score
struggling - but that is just down to the fact that i dont know my squad etc. think this season will be the toughest to get through and then things will get easier.

as for the national team - i just want to score a goal!!!
think with the nt its going to be like that for some time but if any 1 can do it you can