The Only Way Is Up!!!!! - Klippybo's San Marino Story

Klippybo

Premium
Reaction score
images

WELCOME

After my extremely successful (albeit short) Newcastle save I have finally plucked up the courage to have a crack at this infamous challenge (Sam91 has suggested I do this for ages!!!!). You know the drill - take both club and country to the top of world football.

As an FM player I always look to develop rather than buy so this should suit me quite well and to get a Sammarinese Aitor Herrera would be immense! I am going into this challenge quite innocently and with no pre-conceived ideas but I know I am going to have to develop youngsters big time.

Anywho that will be all for now and as ever I will use the same 4-2-3-1 tactic that has led me to glory so often in the past.

I hope you will follow and we shall probably soon see what the game will look like in 2099!!!!! lol

definitely following this!! Can't wait for the Sammarinese Aitor!!

i know aitor was class but you have to let it go lol cant wait to see this good luck not that you will need it

Good luck pal :) will follow as always!!

Now here we go! Someone who will see this through to conclusion and will post lovely regular updates! I'm following this :D

Happy to see you too are playing with San Marino... Good luck, can't wait for the next update.

images

AUGUST

Where to start? While assessing my squad I realised it is better than my Castel di Sangro squad in last years game but a major overhaul is required. I have a £500k transfer budget but I am reluctant to spend it so it was all free transfers for me.

I brought in a few youngsters but these were the players I brought in for the first team (including Eder Bau who I used to sign in FM as an 18y/o).
View attachment 324204View attachment 324206View attachment 324205

I made some changes to the coaching staff but due to my financial constraints it is a case of evolution and not revolution.

On the pitch we performed pretty well in the cup as we got a great away win and then took a Serie B side to extra-time.

------------------------------------------------------

Coppa Italia 1st Qualifying Round
Portogruaro 1-4 San Marino
Coda 2(1pen), Ferrero, Villanova

We fell behind early on, quickly equalised and then they had a man sent-off and we played them off the park.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Coppa Italia 2nd Qualifying Round
Ascoli 4-2 San Marino
Coda 2
AET

An upset was on the cards for a while but their superior fitness won the game for them in extra-time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

images

NATIONAL TEAM

Friendly

San Marino 0-3 Iceland

We managed to hold them at bay until the 33rd minute. Not a bad start - I think!

To be honest I only picked the GK, RB and ST as all the rest were pathetic so I let the assistant pick the remainder. It seems as though I need the club to rise through the divisions ASAP to get some decent youngsters in.

Have you looked at fortunatti? Best serie c player you can probably find

Have you looked at fortunatti? Best serie c player you can probably find

Cheers for the tip. Will check him out. Considered loaning a few players from Serie A clubs but decided against it

Doing great. You should loan players. I call fastest SM challenge completion ever.

Which leagues are loaded up and are u using any editor data

images

SEPTEMBER

A decent month I suppose but also one that could have been better as we dropped points at home twice. That said we did win away twice and finish the month level top!

I brought in a new player after the transfer window - Julio Colombo came in from Montpellier on a free transfer. Whether he will be my new LB or CB I am unsure.
View attachment 324386

---------------------------------------------------

San Marino 1-0 Cremonese
Coda

We had 2 shots on target and scored twice (2nd one was disallowed) but it was still enough to start the league campaign with 3pts.

------------------------------------------------------------

Virtus Entella 0-2 San Marino
Coda (pen), Pigini

We seem to keep getting penalties! Thats the 3rd already this season.

----------------------------------------------------------------

San Marino 0-0 Cuneo

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

---------------------------------------------------------------

Portogruaro 1-2 San Marino
Pacciardi, Villanova

Once again we take advantage of Portogruaro having a player sent-off.

----------------------------------------------------------------

San Marino 1-1 Reggiana
Coda

2 home games on the trot now that we have dropped points = worried manager!

------------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MASSIMO CODA

images

View attachment 324384

--------------------------------------------------------------------
images

NATIONAL TEAM

FIFA World Cup Quals Group 8

San Marino 0-4 Poland

Hmm. Still not bad. We were 3 down after 15min and then started to perform. Ended up with 7 shots (one hit the upright) and 43% of posession. Moldova lost 6-1 so we are not bottom of the group at least.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

England 8-0 San Marino

1 down after 43sec, 3 down after 8min, 5 down at half-time. To be expected I suppose. What was worrying was that we didnt have a shot on goal unless you count the stoppage time own goal we scored.

Moldova lost 5-1 to put us bottom of the group.

good work keep it up 1 thing it seems like you is not liking this save or is that just me

good work keep it up 1 thing it seems like you is not liking this save or is that just me

struggling - but that is just down to the fact that i dont know my squad etc. think this season will be the toughest to get through and then things will get easier.

as for the national team - i just want to score a goal!!!

struggling - but that is just down to the fact that i dont know my squad etc. think this season will be the toughest to get through and then things will get easier.

as for the national team - i just want to score a goal!!!
think with the nt its going to be like that for some time but if any 1 can do it you can