THE OVERACHIEVER - NORMAL TACTIC - SOUTHAMPTON 1st | BETIS 2nd

Right season update 13 league games played 12 won 1 drawn, also qualified top of our champions league group Leverkusen, AS Monaco and Young Boys, all strikers scoring, wide men and mezzallas assisting and scoring

I use Attacking mentality for teams I think we should beat, then control if we are a couple goals up. Standard for so called bigger teams, I use either pass into space/mixed or retain possession/short but that decision is based on what I see in game. I personally use the best corner takers who aren't full backs and we score regularly direct from them or after recycling possession.

I operate with a CF/A and a CF/S mine are Gerard Moreno Signed from Espanyol, Kasper Dolberg from Ajax, and Arkadiusz Milik from Napoli all scoring goals, my only minor tweaks and they are very minor, is to swap positions for the Mezzalas and the Strikers, I find it offers a different threat as it moves my left footed striker to the right and vice versa, also the mezzalla change allows my more physical Mezzalla/S to get into attacking areas

apart from that the new version of the tactic I think is more defensively solid than the previous version, and I loved that tactic, so you can all guess how I feel about this one

Right season update 13 league games played 12 won 1 drawn, also qualified top of our champions league group Leverkusen, AS Monaco and Young Boys, all strikers scoring, wide men and mezzallas assisting and scoring

I use Attacking mentality for teams I think we should beat, then control if we are a couple goals up. Standard for so called bigger teams, I use either pass into space/mixed or retain possession/short but that decision is based on what I see in game. I personally use the best corner takers who aren't full backs and we score regularly direct from them or after recycling possession.

I operate with a CF/A and a CF/S mine are Gerard Moreno Signed from Espanyol, Kasper Dolberg from Ajax, and Arkadiusz Milik from Napoli all scoring goals, my only minor tweaks and they are very minor, is to swap positions for the Mezzalas and the Strikers, I find it offers a different threat as it moves my left footed striker to the right and vice versa, also the mezzalla change allows my more physical Mezzalla/S to get into attacking areas

apart from that the new version of the tactic I think is more defensively solid than the previous version, and I loved that tactic, so you can all guess how I feel about this one

Really happy that it's working that well for you!!! Please keep updating us on your results

Also how do you do that change of swapping mezzalas with strikers in-game?

Last edited:
sorry I meant switching the 2 strikers with each other, and the 2 mezzallas with each other, so the players stay in the roles they just switch with the other person playing there positionon the tactics screen select the players fr the mezzalas role ( on the picture) their player instructions will show on the right, bottom right will be an option to swap player with, just select the player you want to swap with, I just find that the movement of those roles and the strikers helps create little spaces.

Also and I cannot emphasise this enough, watch the games especially in pre season, to see what passing system is best for your team, and schedule games against bigger teams( see how you fare against bigger opposition, where you may not see the ball much) as well as teams who are lower (they'll want to defend so you can see how best to unlock those tight defenses) this will set you up well for the season ahead and making mentality passing decisions on a game by game basis.

having said that the tactic and it's base are a great place for any manager to start and make minor tweaks to suit your playing style, but my Newcastle are playing Kevin Keegan era (showing my age there) attacking football with the old, but now the new.. if I had to choose i'd say the new has more natural roles so players are easier to find

Last edited:

With nantes??!?!?!?!? First season !?

I had tried the tactic for a few games and I really liked the result and football, but god **** that is some serious over-achieving, holy **** that is the type of performance you expect from 3 striker tactics!!!!

How have away games been for you?

Injuries forced me off the 3 strikers on one of my clubs on my 4man save, and i picked up this. pretty even awaygame but i ahve all highlights and up 3-1 and the MAZ(A) is LETHAL!

I had tried the tactic for a few games and I really liked the result and football, but god **** that is some serious over-achieving, holy **** that is the type of performance you expect from 3 striker tactics!!!!

Hi. Any chance you could screenshot the tactic and the instructions please, I’m playing on touch so can’t download. Ta

Away games are pretty solid.
Most of the time winning 1-0 or 2-0.
Very good one sir !

Been using a mix of all three versions. Currently loving the home version the best. Creates a lot of chances looking st stats in the division I am miles ahead of the others.

The nee new version for some reason hasn’t worked very well, but will try it out for longer period of time. Best tactic I have used this year

Was hesitant to try this one since 424 feels so naked from the middle, but was pleasantly surprised in the one game I tried with Bilbao against 20th place Granada. None of my first choice, 3up-front tactics was able to break their defense. But this one made Iker Munian from Left IF flourish.

Can someone please guide what is the difference between this one, and the earlier versions? And if I use this one, which other versions are there to complement this.

Was hesitant to try this one since 424 feels so naked from the middle, but was pleasantly surprised in the one game I tried with Bilbao against 20th place Granada. None of my first choice, 3up-front tactics was able to break their defense. But this one made Iker Munian from Left IF flourish.

Can someone please guide what is the difference between this one, and the earlier versions? And if I use this one, which other versions are there to complement this.

I've tried making the tactic more defensively sound, I usually have my left wingback with attack duty because of the advanced left forward but you can change the role to support to give even more stability, otherwise, this is the same 4-2-4 tactic, with less chance wasting, more solid at the back but you'll still concede because the tactic is just really attacking, removed some instructions I've deemed useless and that's really it, you can try and play with opp instructions and team mentality to suit your team, I've found normal mentality to really work for me

Also you can try and see if the original away tactic performs better for you, I'm with celta and so far when I used away tactic in games I've won or drew (2-2 against madrid away as celta!)

Last edited: