Found this that up to date as of January, lot of transfers since then though... Magazine: How English is your Premier League team? | Radio talkSPORT

Think i might start a game tomo with Stoke... and for good measure i'm gonna be Brian Clough! Greatest English Manager ever... lol

lets see how we go.. Hi welcome, to the club,.....Day One half squad on transfer list!

Last edited:
Got my season on track with Villa, then got the blue screen of death and lost about 17 days worth of progress, which included a great performance at Anfield. I will go back to it but didn't feel like it last night so started a new one with Swansea...

English Players; Mark Gower, Luke Moore, Garry Monk, Leroy Lita, Scott Sinclair, Nathan Dyer, Danny Graham, Leon Britton, Alan Tate, Wayne Routledge. Steven Caulker is also on loan at the club from Tottenham.
They have just one English player in the Reserves - Scott Donnelly who is away on loan at Wycombe.
Budget: £5.75million
Expectations: Avoid relegation.

Last night I played pre season and first game of the season, in which I beat Bolton 3-0. Had no trouble getting a decent starting XI but had real difficulty getting some squad depth. Again you get the problems that many clubs don't want to loan you youngsters just for them to sit on the bench, so I had to raid the free agents just to fill out my squad to a manageable size. Hopefully will be able to get loans in/sell a few more players towards the end of this window and won't need these bit-part players for more than a year. Having an abundance of strikers/wide midfielders is great, Scott Sinclair was awesome cutting in from the left in first game, and Nathan Dyer played very well on the other flank too. I think Danny Graham should score plenty with good support from the 2 wide men. Signed Ryan Bennett and Lewis McGugan, as well as some cheap Championship level players, and got Ben Amos in on loan, with Richard Wright signed on a free as his backup.

Early signs are that it could be one of the easier set-ups to be competitive with. Will be interesting to see how a couple of injuries affects me.

P.S. Don't sign Tom Soares!!!! You can get him cheap but he plays his first game for the Bahamas in the International Friendlies a week before the season. I was really excited about him and McGugan in the centre of the park but had to scrap the idea completely!!

started this with stoke, all i have to do s keep themup but god got zero cash! nightmare,

Started with Aston Villa. People were right more of a challenge than it seems as N'Zogbia and a few others still won't leave. Frustrating is I bought in Tom Soares for cheapish, day later he plays for Barbados and changes nationality XD Although 2 games in (Chelsea, Liverpool) and I have a win under my belt already ;) Beat Liverpool 3-0, lost to Chelsea 2-0. Up and down already :p

View attachment 199614View attachment 199615

Anyone recommend a decent keeper? i've got carlo nash but he's a 2 star 35 yr old... heaton/alnwick/kirkland?? anyone tried jack robinson from liverpool either? need a left back and chelsea want 9m for bertrand.

Anyone recommend a decent keeper? i've got carlo nash but he's a 2 star 35 yr old... heaton/alnwick/kirkland?? anyone tried jack robinson from liverpool either? need a left back and chelsea want 9m for bertrand.

Kirkland starts the game being injured. I bought David James. He is old but good enough at least till a younger replacement shows up.

I picked up Joe Lewis (Peterborough) on a free after the 1st season and he has been superb for me. Excellent prospect.
My 1st choice John Ruddy (Norwich) wasn't too bad either.

Cheers boyz\, have a decent enough first 13 players or so now. jhust need some cheap "can do a job" squad players..

I actually might give this a try with Newcastle very soon :)

Loving this challenge too much I managed to get through season 3 today (Norwich)

BOUGHT - 2013 / 2014
(AUGUST WINDOW) Kyle Bartley (Swansea) 2.3m / Michael Bostwick (Stevenage) 500k / Matt Mills (Leicester) 1.3m / Will Keane (Man Utd) 170k / David Wheater (Bolton) 6.5m / Jonny Howson (Leeds) 2.5m / Matthew Groves (Leeds) 3.5m
(JANUARY WINDOW) Andy Carroll (Liverpool) 5.75m / Jonjo Shelvey (Liverpool) 4m / Josh McEachran (Chelsea) 3.9m

SOLD - 2013 / 2014
(AUGUST WINDOW) Wes Morgan (Stoke) 1.9m / Andrew Davies (Birmingham) 2.5m / John Ruddy (Liverpool) - 975k / Bradley Johnson (QPR) 1.6m / Daniel Ayala (Newcastle) 975k / Hogan Ephraim (Newcastle) 4m
(JANUARY WINDOW)Craig Noone (Aston Villa) 2m / Kieran Tripper (Everton) 1.5m / Danny Guthrie (Aston Villa) 4m / James Vaughan (Stoke) 3.5m / Tamika Mkandawire (Sheff Utd) 325k / Anthony Pilkington (Burnley) 750k / Jed Steer (Hull) 375k

OUT - 30.5m
IN - 24.5m

----

Decided at the start of the sesaon to ditch Morgan and Davies then bring in better quality. Mills, Bartley and Wheater have been excellent all season. Without a doubt my capture of Andy Carroll has been the best of all, he was on the transfer list at 7m managed to get them down to 5.75m.

Add the signings to the excellent League Cup run which ended in a Final defeat to Sunderland and a league position of 11th has made it a great progression. The wife is looking at me now and asking if I am going to sit on it all night and day again. You bet !!

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Cheers boyz\, have a decent enough first 13 players or so now. jhust need some cheap "can do a job" squad players..

Tempt Leeds for Howson, young and experienced. Has done well all season for me in the 1st team. Perhaps pick him up for 1-1.5m if you barter hard enough :)

cheers, recommend a left back? got a loan bid in to chelsea for bertrand but thinking might shell out the cash, for warnock, ridgewell, robinson, mattock... just not sure which.

Mattock has been solid for me this season too as my 1st choice. Jordan Spence can play there too, hes done great as my RB.

I really like the idea of that, sounds a good challenge.. it will for sure make you pick the right team and not rush into it

Another impressive win, 3-0 against Man Utd. Agbonlahor grabbing 2, Shawcross with the other. My team is gelling really well!

i highly recommend it mate i ditched my other 2 games (inclduing my blovdd MCFC game) in order to have a bash at this with stoke.. started with 0 cash and 14 english players.. not got a bad lookin squad coming out of preseason.

---------- Post added 27/10/2011 at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was 26/10/2011 at 11:31 PM ----------

Man city must be the esiest for that challenge cause they have got loads of money, they can sell foreigners for loads mare money and they have the allimportand decent gk.

prob a decent team to start with.. a start out team of

Hart, Richards, Lescott, Onoua, Bridge, A. Johnson, Milner, Barry,

but gettin a top 4 finish would be tough unless you manage to offload a few players or get a few swap deals. ****, tempted to try it with them now.... ^_^

Last edited:
Kirkland starts the game being injured. I bought David James. He is old but good enough at least till a younger replacement shows up.
Alex Smithies, Joe Lewis, Scott Loach and Frank Fielding are all capable, young and decent English goalkeepers who would probably be willing to join your team. If I were you, I would get David James and Alex Smithies and rotate them until Kirkland returns. And when Kirkland returns drop James and use Smithies as backup/rotation to Kirkland. But nice purchase of David James, he's experienced and you got him on the (part-time) cheap. By the way, this challenge seems good but I'm not sure if I can currently afford FM 2012, so when I get it I might do this challenge. I like reading everyone's updates, though, on this!

haha started this with City.... Apparently Arsenal would like £46m AND Yaya Toure for Jack Wilshere!?!?!?!?!? wtf!!!!

OK to start this with a Championship team? Southampton look groomed for success.

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

As you have absolutely no need for the scouting range and networking to be so high, as your sole focus will be on England, is there any way to reduce it?

Its actually not as bad as i thought with city, once you've offloaded a few of the big names.. i managed to shift.. Balotelli 9m Tevez 26m Y.toure 15m. Kompany 10m. Zabaleta 6m. De Jong 16m Kolarov 3m. The wage budget at the start is astronomical so once you get them off the books, and edit the transfer budget you get about 150m all together.

I'm now left with this squad to finish 4th

Hart, Taylor, Baines, Bridge, Lescott, Cahill, Shawcross, Onouha, Richards, Rodwell, Huddlestone, Barry, Milner, Barkley, Adam Johnson, Jarvis, Albrighton, Hooper, Graham, Defoe, Delfounse, Adam Campbell. with about 15m left.. just trying to get Delph.

Still to shift, Aguero, Silva, Dzenko, Nasri, Adebayor, Santa Cruz, Clichy, K Toure, Savic and Boyata... so hoping they ****** ff sometime in jan window, dont see why i cant get into at least 4th with that team...