The Patriot Challlenge

• Thread starter Thread starter mccollio09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 117
  • Views Views 33K
Michael Owen being available on loan is a big plus for any EPL side. I bid for him, but he didn't want to come to the Championship. Welbeck neither.

I am seeing some nice looking squads being put together and I think a few of you are on course for doing this in four seasons, keep going guys. I've started up again myself, also went with stoke. Very happy to pick up eckersley for 60k, lee *** is also worth a look for cheap money. Got in lallana for just shy of 3 mill, thinking about Basham and Matt Philips both from Blackpool as cover.

Going to get a regen left back as early as I see one cos besides ashley cole, baines and bertrand, they're all ****. I tried Briggs but Fulhal wanted silly money.

ridgewell is a decent lb for stoke. 4 season?? i'm joint first after 5 games and just beat shaktar 5-2 in my opening champs league game away,,, i'm looking to get this done in one.. ^_^

Not going to bore on like in previous posts, have decided to post up a couple of screenies. I know the challenge was 4 seasons etc but being Norwich (see 1st post) was deemed daft :) Have just finished season 5 and have managed to secure 8th position and WIN the League Cup (Euro awaits in season 6).

Got a good squad together now and with 6 games to go was only 4 points off 2nd spot. Man U ran away with the league but 2nd to 8th were separated by only a few points in the end.

View attachment 200458View attachment 200459

On with Season 6 :)

Not going to bore on like in previous posts, have decided to post up a couple of screenies. I know the challenge was 4 seasons etc but being Norwich (see 1st post) was deemed daft :) Have just finished season 5 and have managed to secure 8th position and WIN the League Cup (Euro awaits in season 6).

Got a good squad together now and with 6 games to go was only 4 points off 2nd spot. Man U ran away with the league but 2nd to 8th were separated by only a few points in the end.

View attachment 200458View attachment 200459

On with Season 6 :)

Nice one Rich, keep going with it. You definitely took a hard team to being with but it looks like you're getting there. I think your two Chelsea buys (Bertrand and McEachran) are probably by now your best players?

If I can give you two suggestions:

By now there should be some decent regens, the second you get your own new youth team through the door then scour the other teams immediately on the same day for great looking English regens (don't bother with filter out unrealistic targets, just make your shortlist without this, they will all be interested after say three months).

Looking at your formation, and squad looks good but maybe lacking a 100% defensive midfielder for protection to your back four. Rose develops well but either train him hard to improve his crossing or buy a left winger who is better at this part of their game - I'd recommend Lallana, Matt Philips or Andros Townsend providing they have developed properly. Finally, you need a quality back up target man. All in all, I think you are three players off challenging for the title :-) not far to go

Thanks for the info :) Since then I have ditched Rose / Carroll and been forced to sell my best RB John Flanagan as he minced off and played for Ireland half way through the season :) I managed to finish 7th in season 6 which has helped me qualify again for the Europa cup and also got to the Quarter finals of the Europa cup last season. Here is my info for the upcoming season 7.

View attachment 201333View attachment 201343View attachment 201342View attachment 201341View attachment 201340View attachment 201339View attachment 201338View attachment 201337View attachment 201336View attachment 201335View attachment 201334View attachment 201344

Saunders scored just shy of 30 goals for me last season with my 2 wingers fizzing balls into him like mad :) And managed to get Kittos in as my defensive role midfielder. Had to also sell Wheater as his wage was killing my budgets.

Emmanuel Frimpong is Ghanain, and Carl Jenkinson is Finnish... Just thought I'd say...

looks like a good challenge, im gonna have a go with Swansea. ill keep you updated with trandfers etc..

Get buying dude :) Although you do have a few nice players already to start with. Especially Sinclair and Caulker. Good luck, keep us posted in here

Just played my Europa Cup match and managed to get my best result. 8-|

View attachment 201642

I have started this with stoke, This is going to be a really tough ask but hopefully I can last the first season we shall find out.

View attachment 201648
Got about 2m left maybe 3 if neill taylor sells, anyone reccomend any other signings? thanks in advance. BTW in two games in to the prem a 3-2 loss to chelsea and 2-0 loss against Arsenal, gotta aim to stay up and then build but we dont look to bad so far.

I've also started this Challenge with Norwich, made a tough pick out of QPR, Norwich or Bolton!

View attachment 201648
Got about 2m left maybe 3 if neill taylor sells, anyone reccomend any other signings? thanks in advance. BTW in two games in to the prem a 3-2 loss to chelsea and 2-0 loss against Arsenal, gotta aim to stay up and then build but we dont look to bad so far.

I'm sure I could help you out, where are your priorities to strengthen?

View attachment 201648

I'm sure I could help you out, where are your priorities to strengthen?

Just a quick recap of my 7th season. Managed to pick up the Jug Eared Prince himself Wayne Rooney on a free transfer, aged 32 but still, he and my regen striker Saunders hit almost 60 goals between them and fired me to a 4th place finish and Euro Cup qualification. They also helped me to the Semi-Final of the Europa Cup where I lost out 3-4 on agg to Athletico Madrid.

Used my prize money wisely in the off season and sold an ageing Henri Lansbury for 5m and bought an England regular in Ross Barkley for 17m which so far has paid off as I am currently sitting 4th in November behind the usual suspects ManC, ManU and Chelsea.

Probably Rooney's last season so hoping he can stay fit and fire me up into a top 3 finish for the 1st time.

Dammit, I got a tough choice here, got 6 million euros left over and I need a decent centre back for Wolves - Roger Johnson is an easy choice but I don't feel Craddock will last and prob isn't good enough for a first team spot. Identified Matthew Conolly from QPR and Curtis Davies from Brum and could get either and I'm currently delaying offers as I'm really undecided who to go for.

Any help guys? Both are better at different things but no difference in price. I guess I have a third option but I don't feel he is as good - Paul Robinson from Millwall.

Happy with signings for every other area but need some external views.
P.s Don't suggest Stearman who I already have, defo going to be my number 1 right back.

*** Edit Ebanks-Blake is a ******, just decided to player for Jamaica before the season even kicks off, was one of my best English players

Last edited:
Here's my transfers so far... Went for Davies in the end. Overspent a little bit on Steele as a keeper but confident he'll be the England number 1 in maybe 3/4 seasons if I look after him properly. Happy with the bargain basement signings of Eckersley and Harewood, can at least fill the gaps until I get someone better.

Regrets - spending a lot on Noble (even though he'll be great) when I could maybe have gone half the price for Jake Livermore. Not finding a way to get more squad depth...

Think I've done enough to stay up though, see how it goesView attachment 202309

Last edited:
Back