Im planning on doing this as a continue in my current save. Looks like fun. Will try with aston villa/swansea/everton probs.

First of all i want to apologise for my horrible english.I started with Arsenal as you have said you find it pretty tough since they almost dont have any englishmen in the squad.Here i will add some screenshots of my transfers and squad.Until the middle of September i find it very tough, i cant imagine what is going to happens if some of my 2 or 3 key players get injury for 5-6 months or so.Also i hope that Wilshere will be able to play on his usual level after those sick 10 months sidelined( if i am not sacked till then ofc).I messed up the champ league squad and instead of my new english players there was mertesaker, gervinho and etc. the new arsenal signings from the summer added ofcourse i didnt played any of them which lead to almost getting out from the CL on the qualifying round (vs Rubin away lost 1:3, home won 2:0 thankfully to the referee which gave em early red card).

View attachment 203707

View attachment 203708

So i got only 4 pts after 4 games in league, lost conceding 5 goals in CL game at Ibrox...future aint no bright i hope to get better when the team suits the new tactic but frankly i cant see how i can possibly go in top 4.My biggest mistake was the goalkeeper, should've signed Green or Robinson i also signed by mistake Jack Collison who's welsh, now lying on the reserve squad.I hope that i wont get sacked until january when i will sell Mertesaker, Gervinho, Arteta, Santos and Ramsey hopefully getting around 30m for all of them and getting better keeper and right back/striker.Anyway if i fail at making top 4 first season it will took me like 5 seasons(if not worse) until i make the team champions so i think i should save my time and start easier challenge with my beloved Chelsea or Liverpool who are full of key english players in their squads.

First of all i want to apologise for my horrible english.I started with Arsenal as you have said you find it pretty tough since they almost dont have any englishmen in the squad.Here i will add some screenshots of my transfers and squad.Until the middle of September i find it very tough, i cant imagine what is going to happens if some of my 2 or 3 key players get injury for 5-6 months or so.Also i hope that Wilshere will be able to play on his usual level after those sick 10 months sidelined( if i am not sacked till then ofc).I messed up the champ league squad and instead of my new english players there was mertesaker, gervinho and etc. the new arsenal signings from the summer added ofcourse i didnt played any of them which lead to almost getting out from the CL on the qualifying round (vs Rubin away lost 1:3, home won 2:0 thankfully to the referee which gave em early red card).

View attachment 203707

View attachment 203708

So i got only 4 pts after 4 games in league, lost conceding 5 goals in CL game at Ibrox...future aint no bright i hope to get better when the team suits the new tactic but frankly i cant see how i can possibly go in top 4.My biggest mistake was the goalkeeper, should've signed Green or Robinson i also signed by mistake Jack Collison who's welsh, now lying on the reserve squad.I hope that i wont get sacked until january when i will sell Mertesaker, Gervinho, Arteta, Santos and Ramsey hopefully getting around 30m for all of them and getting better keeper and right back/striker.Anyway if i fail at making top 4 first season it will took me like 5 seasons(if not worse) until i make the team champions so i think i should save my time and start easier challenge with my beloved Chelsea or Liverpool who are full of key english players in their squads.

First of all, don't apologise for your English, it is perfect :) You haven't taken the easy route going for Arsenal though, really difficult team to be given the objective and the English players to begin with - that said, if you survive the first season, you have a lot of quality young English talent in the reserves. As you stated though, best watch out as your job security will be under threat.

I would honestly say the mid table teams with a decent amount of English players are the best ones to try this with. My beloved Liverpool are tough too - minimum expectation on this version is title challenge for some reason (despite the fact that irl, our owners said at the start of the season the main aim is to get back in the champions league).

Stated with everton manager to come 2nd in my first season,
But am getting slaughterred 2nd year with wage budget and injuries due to lack of depth in cl and league!
shudv taken some screen shots

Here are some ScreenSHots
ill give some more detail than that post just before

Everton
file://localhost/Users/matthewryan/Desktop/Screen%20shot%202011-12-15%20at%202.42.49%20PM.png
file://localhost/Users/matthewryan/Desktop/Screen%20shot%202011-12-15%20at%202.41.26%20PM.png
Best youth players coming through the ranks starts with the club
file://localhost/Users/matthewryan/Desktop/Screen%20shot%202011-12-15%20at%202.44.15%20PM.png

Ended up finishing Second which was fair amazing and just started my cl campaign,
having trouble trying to get some strong depth to keep me up there in both groups and the wage budgets roars up

Can't see the screenshots mate. Who did you sign to do that well?

Here are some ScreenSHots
ill give some more detail than that post just before

Everton
file://localhost/Users/matthewryan/Desktop/Screen%20shot%202011-12-15%20at%202.42.49%20PM.png
file://localhost/Users/matthewryan/Desktop/Screen%20shot%202011-12-15%20at%202.41.26%20PM.png
Best youth players coming through the ranks starts with the club
file://localhost/Users/matthewryan/Desktop/Screen%20shot%202011-12-15%20at%202.44.15%20PM.png

Ended up finishing Second which was fair amazing and just started my cl campaign,
having trouble trying to get some strong depth to keep me up there in both groups and the wage budgets roars up

Definitely an interesting challenge, but I'd also propose taking it a step further, Athletic Bilbao esque, in terms of ONLY signing players from your region, meaning if you were Athletic Bilbao, you could only have Basque players in the squad (as Athletic are located in the Basque Country), so if you played as a team from Merseyside like Liverpool, you could only have players in your squad from Merseyside, just thought this would be an extra challenge to the current one, you could even go an extra step further and only have coaching staff from ex: Merseyside, Basque Country etc., just thought this would be an interesting idea.

I keep trying this but it's not possible for me as i can never sell my players, any tips?

View attachment 214213
Just started this with Liverpool and after abusing the 48month transfer rule, here are my transfers just before the first game of season. I'm actually really pleased with my squad, it won't win the title this year, but it's easily good enough to finish in the top 4

View attachment 214213
Just started this with Liverpool and after abusing the 48month transfer rule, here are my transfers just before the first game of season. I'm actually really pleased with my squad, it won't win the title this year, but it's easily good enough to finish in the top 4

How did it go for the 4th place finish then mate?

I've decided to have a go at this. Wanted to play as my fav club Tottenham but it's way too easy with the normal players, so this looked like a good way to do it.
Shouldn't be as hard as being Norwich etc but reckon I'll be more committed as Spurs.

Anyway things are going fairly well currently sixth in the league and have plenty of money left in the bank, a bit sad to have to sell Bale though. Transfers are below.

View attachment 219794

As an addition to the challenge I might try and win an international trophy once i can get the England job just using Spurs players!

Ended up 6th first season which was ok, struggled to beat the better teams and didn't have enough depth to deal with injuries. Also brought in Adam Johnson, Onouha from City to boost the rank in the January.
Agbonglahor turned out to be a good signing and got plenty of goals up front with Defoe, also Mark Noble (who i only signed as back up) was better than expected. Final table and team of the year is below.

View attachment 220855View attachment 220856

Hopefully we can strengthen a couple of areas next year and push for champions league!

View attachment 221480

Started today with Sunderland, and I'm really enjoying it so far. Not done that much but this is one I will definitely stick with. Pretty happy with my transfers, although I found it very difficult to shift some of my players. Pretty much all the ones you see who are loaned out for a fee didn't want to leave because they had just joined the club. But all those loan agreements have future fees set so hopefully a couple of those clubs will take up that offer.

Started the season beating QPR and Blackburn 2-0 and 3-1 respectively, then lost on penalties to pompey in the league cup. Played spurs after that, went 1-0 down then I was 2-1 up and ended up losing 3-2, gutted!

So its going alright so far, and really enjoying it so I'll keep this updated!

Ended up 6th first season which was ok, struggled to beat the better teams and didn't have enough depth to deal with injuries. Also brought in Adam Johnson, Onouha from City to boost the rank in the January.
Agbonglahor turned out to be a good signing and got plenty of goals up front with Defoe, also Mark Noble (who i only signed as back up) was better than expected. Final table and team of the year is below.

View attachment 220855View attachment 220856

Hopefully we can strengthen a couple of areas next year and push for champions league!

Mate those are very impressive results for just the first season, you should manage champs league next season I reckon, just be clever with your transfers, very good starting squad built in any case, seems like you are aware of the squad depth problem. Don't forget to buy a few young guns who will help you in the long run for the big trophies. Shortlist link on the op should help you there.

View attachment 221480

Started today with Sunderland, and I'm really enjoying it so far. Not done that much but this is one I will definitely stick with. Pretty happy with my transfers, although I found it very difficult to shift some of my players. Pretty much all the ones you see who are loaned out for a fee didn't want to leave because they had just joined the club. But all those loan agreements have future fees set so hopefully a couple of those clubs will take up that offer.

Started the season beating QPR and Blackburn 2-0 and 3-1 respectively, then lost on penalties to pompey in the league cup. Played spurs after that, went 1-0 down then I was 2-1 up and ended up losing 3-2, gutted!

So its going alright so far, and really enjoying it so I'll keep this updated!

Yeah Sunderland were much easier to begin with on FM11 than 12 that's for sure (you'll see they were who I originally achieved this with). I recommend you put a lot of faith in Frazier Campbell, a very underrated poacher on the game.

A pretty productive second season. Crucially managed to grab the fourth champions league place although it could have been a lot better if we'd managed to turn some of the draws into wins.
This was probably not helped by the cup success as we managed to win the League Cup and FA Cup, whilst losing the EURO Cup final to Liverpool.

Signings wise Danny Welbeck proved to be a good striker to lead the line all bit it at a quite pricey £19m. Also managed to get Joe Hart in January as Gomes was keeping him out of the Man City team (selling Gomes to them worked wonders!) Those two aside Junior Hoilett was the other siging of note after he chose England over Canada and has proved good back up to Lennon.

Let's hope we can push on for the title next year.

For some reason I can't upload screenshots at the moment! I will get those up once it starts working again!

Nice. I'm spurs at the minute and usually Daniel Levy will let you improve training and youth facilities. I even got one four star potential for a championship winning side after the third season (plus a couple of promising 2.5 and 3s). Will definitely help to challenge if you upgrade.

before i start this challange id like to know if there is a minimum of save games? i see that nobody started with chelsea...i think i'll give them a try.