The Peter Crouch to my Harry Redknapp - The Story of Semaj Namdear

Semaj is starting to look like a bit of a player. Might be some time before you get hold of him.

Yeh he gets better everytime I look although he doesn't seem a prolific goalscorer which concerns me slightly. Gunna crack out 3 hours straight of FM tomorrow, so will definately have an update come tomorrow night.

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:49 PM ----------

AFC_Telford_United.jpg

AFC Telford welcome Readman

James Readman has today been unveiled as the new Telford manager on a three year deal.

Affectionately known as the Bucks Telford play their home games at the New Bucks stadium and share a fierce rivalry with Shrewsbury Town, Northwich and Stafford Rangers. Founded in 2004 Telford won the conference league cup in 2009 but finished 8th in the BSN.

Readman inherits a team that is £359 over their wage bill and will again have to work with £0 transfer funds although this may change once he learns his season expectations.

It could be a long season for Rookie Readman.

# # # # #

Key Men

I didn’t do this at Marske as I didn’t believe there were any players that were key, however at Telford I have spotted a few that I think may be pivotal.

Sean Newton -
Defender/Wing back left Newton was voted player of the year last season by the fans. He is 21 years old and got 10 assists and 2 goals last year finishing with an average rating of 7.10.

picture.php

Gavin Cowan -
Another defender who looks like he could have the stuff to keep things tight at the back, he also achieved an average rating of over 7 last season.

picture.php

Angelos Tisaklis -
Highlighted by my assistant as the best player in the squad Tisaklis only joined Telford midway through last season. He got 4 goals in 10 from midfield and could be the one to look out for this year.

picture.php

# # # # #

Readman reduces Wage Bill

James Readman’s first move as manager of Telford has been to reduce as many players’ contracts as possible. Readman has been successful in reducing the wage bill from £360 over budget to just £100 over budget.

It is thought with the impending departure of Stuart Whitehead and Phil Trainer, Telford’s wage bill will be more secure. It may even free up some transfer funds for Readman.

Work is also underway to strengthen the side in time for pre-season. Readman has moved fast to get WBA as Telford’s parent club. During his first season at Marske Readman utilised the loan system as much as possible and it would seem he is looking to do the same again. He has also begun to make enquiries at Aston Villa with regards to potential loanees.

# # # # #

Telford Board announce expectations

James Readman is expected to guide Telford into the play offs as a minimum in his first season in charge. He has been handed £0 transfer funds and a wage budget which leaves his current squad £559 over their wage budget. However, with up to 10 players being released from the club it will leave Readman with some room for movement.

*The club have confirmed that they have had loan bids accepted by Aston Villa for right back Eric Lichaj and utility man Arsenio Halfhuid.

# # # # #

My aims

My aim this season is to get promoted in any manner with Telford (auto or play-offs). If I do get promoted I think I would stay with the club, although things change and as before I still want to get to the top leagues asap and if the chance arrives then it may be too good to refuse.

# # # # #

Nice. Hopefully you can get to Port Vale soon or snap him up elsewhere. What's your past experience?

well in redders, good work getting West Brom as your parent club, should be able to get a few young lads from there if needs be :)

Nice. Hopefully you can get to Port Vale soon or snap him up elsewhere. What's your past experience?

Semi-Professional, said in my OP :)

well in redders, good work getting West Brom as your parent club, should be able to get a few young lads from there if needs be :)

Yeh hopefully, we shall see. Will update tonight further including another update on Semaj and my former club Marske.

Semi-Professional, said in my OP :)

Yeh hopefully, we shall see. Will update tonight further including another update on Semaj and my former club Marske.
Sorry didn't check properly. Looking forward to the update!

my money is on him joining Manchester United :)

I have taken a look at the views of my highlights and see they are very low, so I have decided to use screenshots rather than the video highlights.

# # # # #

New faces & Pre-Season

James Readman today unveiled his first two signings at Telford, Aston Villa youngsters Eric Lichaj and Arsenio Halfhuid.

Both come to the club till the end of the season – filling Telfords allowance on long term loans. Readman is said to be overjoyed that the pair accepted the offer to join the club and is looking forward to linking up with them in training.

picture.php

picture.php

Joining them from WBA is striker Josh Knight who will stay at Telford for 3 months.

picture.php

Readman has also confirmed that he has made his first ever transfers. Former Notts Forest youth and Notts County striker Ben Fairclough has joined the club on a free transfer, much to the delight of the Telford fans and he is joined by ex Port Vale centre back Luke Prosser.

picture.php

picture.php

With two days to go until the first game, Readman’s transfers are as follows;

picture.php

Meanwhile, Readman's pre-season hasn't gone quite to plan, winning just 2 games.

picture.php

# # # # #

Telford 2 – 3 Southport

Readman lost his first competitive game in charge at Telford despite a late spirited comeback.

The Bucks went 1-0 down after the referee awarded a harsh penalty kick in Southports favour, which was dispatched by Daly. Southport doubled their lead in the second half when Chris Simm scored a real poachers effort.

An error from new signing Luke Prosser then allowed Matty McGinn to make it 3-0 to Southport, Readman and his side were having a mere.

Loan signing Arsenio Halfhuid pulled one back with 5 minutes left and a Gavin Cowan header in stoppage time wasn’t quite enough for Telford.

picture.php

# # # # #

Stafford Rangers 2 - 2 Telford

Loan striker Fairclough made his first start for Telford.

Telford went behind after just nine minutes, but another Gavin Cowan header gave them an equaliser before Fairclough connected onto a Garry pass to put the Bucks ahead at the break.

Stafford drew level on the hour when speculative free kick was headed home by Douglas.

Both sides had their chances to win the game in the last half hour but failed to find the net.

picture.php

# # # # #

Telford 4 – 0 FC United

Loan star Josh Knight came into the starting line up for his first competitive start for Telford. Halfhuid was back in the team after missing the Stafford game through injury.

It took just three minutes of his debut for Knight to make an impact. Latching onto a lovely through ball he put Telford ahead confidently. An own goal doubled Telford’s lead and a long range beauty from Davidson put them 3 up before half time.

Unsurprisingly an unchanged team emerged in the second half and started the half as they finished the last. Within 5 minutes a second own goal from FC United made it 4-0.

Knight was replaced by Fairclough midway through the second half and the striker twice hit the post, and Readman’s men failed to find a 5th goal as Telford picked up their first 3 points of the season. The win sends Telford up 7 places to 10th in the BSN.

picture.php

# # # # #

# # # # #

Workington 3 – 4 Telford

Marske came back from 2-0 down today after two early Lee Roache goals put Workington 2-0 up inside 20mins. After the break goals from Halfhuid (42), Gavin Cowan (46) and a Jamie Garry spectacular effort on the 77th minute put Telford 3-2 up.

Things looked to be heading for a draw when David Hewson put Workington level on 88minutes but a 90th minute winner from Ben Fairclough secured another 3 points for Telford.

picture.php

# # # # #

Telford 1 – 1 Braintree & St Albans 1 – 1 Telford

A Shane Killock goal 3 minutes after half time was cancelled out by a Luis Cumbers strike 2 minutes later. This game was followed up by a Gavin Cowan strike being cancelled out by St. Albans Marvin Brown on the hour. Two poor performances from Readman’s Telford.

picture.php

picture.php

# # # # #

Telford 1 – 0 Hyde

Another poor performance from Telford against bottom club Hyde. A Josh Knight goal 6 minutes from time sealed the 3 points.

picture.php

# # # # #

Semaj & Marske United Updates

Semaj has now turned 22 (he has my birthday, 4/7/88). He has signed a new contract on £1,400 a week his value is now £120k, it peaked at £190k immediately after signing the contract.

picture.php

Semaj has scored 2 goals in the first 7 games of his second season the first coming via a pen in a 3-1 win over Morecambe the second an early strike during a 3-0 win over Dag & Red. He has also become a transfer target for League One side Crewe, who are 4th in the league after 7 games.

picture.php

Meanwhile in the English Northern League Division 1, my former club Marske United are sitting in 11th place, 6 points from the relegation places but having played two games more.

picture.php

# # # # #

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:16 PM ----------

# # # # #

Hinckley 1 – 3 Telford

A 16 minute hattrick from on loan striker Josh Knight set Telford on their way at Hinckley who pulled one back before half time.

3 minutes into the second half and Telford thought they had extended their lead but the goal was chalked off, no other chances were taken and the game ended 3-1, an improved performance from AFC Telford.

Telford however will be without on loan Villa stars Halfhuid and Lichaj for 2 months each after they picked up injuries during the match.

picture.php

# # # # #

Telford 1 – 0 Eastwood

A solitary goal from Tom Dix on the half hour mark gave Telford another 3 points in their quest for a play-off place.

picture.php

# # # # #

Ilkeston 2 – 2 Telford

Both sides gave away one goal leads today as Ilkeston and Telford played out a 2-2 draw.

Telford took the lead after just 4 minutes courtesy of attacking midfielder Jamie Garry, but two goals in 5 minutes from Ilkeston put Telford behind after 27 minutes.

Just before half time Telford equalised through midfielder Jon Adams, and after the break defender Luke Prosser was sent off in stoppage time.

picture.php

# # # # #

Havant & W 0 – 1 Telford FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round

Telford are through to the FA Cup first round after an unconvincing win over 10 man Havant and Waterlooville. A Carl Rodgers goal 5 minutes before half time sealed the win, coming 5 minutes after Havant had defender Christopher Rose sent off.

Telford will face Northern Division 1 side Consett in the next round. Earlier this season Consett drew 1-1 with Readmans former side Marske United in the league.

picture.php

Readman has also moved to strengthen his defence by signing defenders Paul Thompson and Cheyenne Dunkley on loan for 3 months each.

picture.php

picture.php

# # # # #

Chester 2 – 2 Telford

Telford threw away a two goal lead to draw 2-2 with Chester today in a disappointing performance. Two goals from on loan striker Josh Knight put Telford two up at half time. A debut own goal from Cheyenne Dunkley 5 minutes after half time pulled one back for Chester before they equalised 5 minutes from time through striker Lloyd Ellams.

picture.php

*Readman confirmed after the match that he had extended two goal Josh Knights loan from WBA to the end of January and that he had brought in former Leeds defender Andrew Milne on a free and he will immediately enter the squad for Saturdays league game against Northwich Victoria.

picture.php

# # # # #

Telford 2- 1 Northwich

Telford took the lead on the hour as Sean Newton placed a curling shot from outside the area into the bottom corner following a nice passing move.

Telford then doubled their lead through debutant Andrew Milne as he met a Newton corner to head home from close range.

In stoppage time Northwich pulled one back through striker Dennis to make it 2-1 but Telford held on to get the three points.

The result lifts Telford to third in the league after 12 games.

picture.php

# # # # #

Consett 0 – 0 Telford – FA Cup 1st round

Consett and Telford today played out a goalless draw with no particular highlights. Striker Ben Fairclough picked up a minor injury before half time but it is unlikely to keep him out of action.

If Telford can beat Consett in the replay on Tuesday, they will face BSS side Bath in the 2nd round.

picture.php

# # # # #

Telford 3 – 1 Consett – FA Cup 1st round replay

Telford today battered Consett to seal their passage through to the FA cup 2nd round. First half goals from Stephen Thompson and Ross Davidson put Telford 2-0 up at half time. Ross Davidson got his second goal just before the hour mark before Tim Gould struck a consolation goal in stoppage time for Consett.

Telford will now face Bath in the second round of this years competition.

picture.php

# # # # #

Telford 1 – 0 Solihull Motors

A solitary strike from Josh Knight secured 3 more points for Telford on their push for promotion.

picture.php

# # # # #

Telford 3 – 1 Bath – FA Cup 2nd round

Telford have made it through to the 3rd round of the FA cup after a comprehensive victory over BSS side Bath.

Andrew Milne got the Bucks off to a great start after just 2 minutes heading home from a Telford corner. 5 minutes later Andrew Fowler equalised for Bath and the teams went in at 1-1 for half time.

10 minutes into the second half Telford went ahead through a Ryan Robinson own goal, and 10 minutes later the win was secured by Jon Adams.

Telford will now face either Histon or Dover in the 3rd round of the cup. Both teams are currently struggling in the blue square premier division.

picture.php

# # # # #

Semaj and Marske United updates 26-10-10

Semaj has hit form scoring 8 goals in 14 games scoring on average out of 1/3 shots helping shoot Port Vale to second in League 2. He hit another hat-trick against Shrewsbury in the league. Crewe remain interested in the New Zealand international but are yet to make a formal approach.

picture.php

Marske are holding their own in Northern division 1 lying in 10th place having played 13 games, promotion is still a realistic prospect.

picture.php

# # # # #

Well in Redders, good to see Semaj and Marske doing so well, how are Telford getting on in the League because it seems you have put together an un beaten run ;)

Well in Redders, good to see Semaj and Marske doing so well, how are Telford getting on in the League because it seems you have put together an un beaten run ;)

After the Northwich game I posted, we were third in the league with 12 games played.

Pleased to see Semaj taking Vale to the big time that is League One (hopefully) :)

Is Semaj's value going down? If yes, that could be a good thing or a bad thing for you. It brings the price you would need to pay more into your bracket, but could give other clubs more interest in him. It seems as though he has become a regular for new zealand.

Is Semaj's value going down? If yes, that could be a good thing or a bad thing for you. It brings the price you would need to pay more into your bracket, but could give other clubs more interest in him. It seems as though he has become a regular for new zealand.

They signed him on a free, and his value was at around £30k. It went up to £45k after a nice run of goals, but went back down to £35k.

He then signed a new contract and his value hit £190k....it has now gone down to £120k.

You are always going to get that in the lower league's though.

Update soon James?

They signed him on a free, and his value was at around £30k. It went up to £45k after a nice run of goals, but went back down to £35k.

He then signed a new contract and his value hit £190k....it has now gone down to £120k.

Thats quite good then, although it was a stupid question as of course he would have started at £0 without a club. Do you think that you will ever go back to Marske?

You are always going to get that in the lower league's though.

Update soon James?

Hopefully tonight if not, tomorrow.

Thats quite good then, although it was a stupid question as of course he would have started at £0 without a club. Do you think that you will ever go back to Marske?

No, this is why I left. Don't think he will go below his current level (L2).

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 02:47 PM ----------

# # # # #

Alfreton 1 – 1 Telford

A Ben Kudjodi goal was cancelled out by Telford midfielder Jamie Garry today as a poor game finished 1-1 at the Town Ground.

picture.php

# # # # #

Telford 4 – 3 Harrogate

A stunning hat trick from defender Andrew Milne, playing in midfield today secured a 4-3 win for Telford.

Karim El Sahali equalised Milne’s first goal and just after half time Colin Heath equalised Milne’s second.

Midfielder Jamie Garry put Telford 3-2 up before an old face equalised for Harrogate for the third time. Matty Tymon who was at Readman and was one of the top scorers as Marske won the division 2, scored from close range with just 9 minutes remaining.

However, it was that man Andrew Milne who popped up from a corner with 5 minutes left and secure another 3 point haul for Telford.

picture.php

# # # # #

Telford 4 – 3 Histon

Telford threw away a three goal lead today but are through to the 4th round of the FA cup thanks to a Angelos Tsiaklis.

Andrew Milne, Tsiaklis’ first goal and a Ross Davidson goal on the hour mark had put Telford 3-0 up. However two Ashley McMenamin goals and a third goal of the season from Josh Simpson completed a memorable Histon comeback.

However, before Histon had time to settle, Tsiaklis’ second goal of the game with 5 minutes to go secured the win for Telford and their passage through to the 4th round.
Telford will face league two side Bradford in the 4th round of the competition.

picture.php

# # # # #

Stalybridge 1 – 4 Telford

Telford took the lead through Jamie Garry after a delightful cross from Lichaj. Stalybridge equalised in the dying second of the first half after a defensive mix up allowed Carr to side foot home.

Not long into the second half another Lichaj cross was headed home by on loan star Josh Knight and the lead was doubled to 3-1 when a Lichaj throw in was nodded down by Josh Knight to allow Angelos Tisaklis to slot home.

Telford made it 4-1 when a delightful ball by Dix was met by Jamie Garry who slotted home for his second of the game.

Dix and Milne both had chances to increase their lead further by the score finished 4-1. The emphatic win leaves Telford 3 points behind league leaders FC United but with two games in hand. The first of the two games in hand is against Droylsden on Monday.

picture.php

# # # # #

Droylsden 3 – 3 Telford

10 men Telford earn draw at Droylsden.

Telford came from 3-1 down to draw with Droylsden despite having striker Josh Knight sent off. Readman will now be without Josh Knight for at least one game.

picture.php

# # # # #

Bradford PA 2 – 0 Telford

Telford slipped to defeat at 17th placed Bradford PA today as a serious lack of fire power shone through. A controversial Moses Ashikodi penalty and a second half Nathaniel Howell strike secured the points for Bradford PA.

Telford now find themselves 4 points behind league leaders Braintree with one game in hand having missed their opportunity to go top.

picture.php

# # # # #

Chester 1 – 2 Telford – FA Trophy

A wonder strike from midfielder Davidson put Telford up with 15 minutes remaining. 5 minutes later Andrew Milne gave away a penalty that allowed Chester to equalise.

However, Telford won the match in stoppage time when Davidson’s midfield partner Rodgers picked up the ball from 30 yards out and fired an unstoppable shot into the back of the Chester net, sending Telford through to the next round of the FA Trophy.

picture.php

*After the match it was confirmed that Josh Knight had been banned for 2 further matches following his red at Bradford, a huge blow to Telfords promotion hopes.

*Telford will play Doylsden or Stafford in the 1st round proper.

*Readman also confirmed Telford had signed youngster Danny Murphy on a free transfer who he considers to be one for the future.

picture.php

# # # # #

Telford 2 – 0 Farsley

Striker Fairclough opened the scoring following a Tsaklis corner giving Telford a 1-0 lead at half time, it was the strikers first goal in 16 hours of football. A wonder strike on the hour from Steve Thompson made it two nil.

Farsley had their chances in the last 30 minutes but Telford held on to claim a welcome clean sheet and a very welcome 3 points.

picture.php

The win takes Telford up to 3rd spot a point behind the league leaders.

picture.php

*Readman confirmed the signing of youngster Michael Thomas on a free transfer.

picture.php

# # # # #

Bradford 2 – 0 Telford – FA Cup 4th round

Bradford took the lead just before half time with a close range header from Flyn.

Monkhouse doubled their lead after the hour sending Telford crashing out of the FA cup in the 4th round.

picture.php

# # # # #

Good to see you doing well in the League, I see you did quite well in the cup but Bradford are a good side.

Good to see you doing well in the League, I see you did quite well in the cup but Bradford are a good side.

Thanks, yeh the cup run was good fun. Was hoping to get to the fifth round to get a big EPL game....but Bradford was decent enough and I barely had a chance in the game to be honest. Probably should have altered my tactics for the game but that is something I haven't done since I started at Marske.