The Photoshop Help Thread

attachment.php

Wtf does that mean ?

great links, thanks for the help

hi just made a kit, not as best though! but I can't save it (I would upload it as well) it says 'could not save a copy of (the kit) because of a disk error. What do I do, please help, I'm using Photoshop! I have never made a kit before

Can anyone give me some tips on changing the colour of say, a sponsor logo? When I change it using the bucket tool it looks a bit funny on the edges, and I've seen some people do near perfect colour changes, was wondering if their is a setting somewhere that can change it for you in better quality? Thanks.

it wont let me edit the templates, any suggestions?

I have a question about the Coca Cola Football League logo. I am looking to use it for sleeve badges for some kits, but i can't delete the background without taking some of the image with it.

coca-cola-football-league1.gif

I am referring to the white wavey lines near the bottom, can anyone help me out here?

Thanks

i'd change the white bits you want to get rid of to black or green, just a colour that won't change anything else, then you can get rid of that without ruining the rest of the image

it wont let me edit the templates, any suggestions?

Yeah simply these folders are groups of images, you need to expand the group (folder) then edit whatever layer it is you need by clicking on it!

Yeah simply these folders are groups of images, you need to expand the group (folder) then edit whatever layer it is you need by clicking on it!

the folders will not expand , view the image i posted , is has a line thorugh the pencil meaning not eidtable.

the folders will not expand , view the image i posted , is has a line thorugh the pencil meaning not eidtable.

If you notice when you click on one of these folders images contained are viewable along the bottom. Is this in PS Elements? Send me the psd or file and I'll have a look here.

If you notice when you click on one of these folders images contained are viewable along the bottom. Is this in PS Elements? Send me the psd or file and I'll have a look here.

ive tried many differant psd files, none of them open , can you edit the kits on photoshop elements?

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

i say psd files dont open , they open , but i can not open the grouped ;ayers, as it is not editable?

ive tried many differant psd files, none of them open , can you edit the kits on photoshop elements?

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

i say psd files dont open , they open , but i can not open the grouped ;ayers, as it is not editable?

so this is in Photoshop itself then?? And can you get me that file and I'll have a look??

i use phitishop CS2, i was just wondering hw to get the shiney surface effect on a badge that is used in the 90,000 club and competition logos for 2010 mod? if any one can help, it would be much appreciated, thanks.

i use phitishop CS2, i was just wondering hw to get the shiney surface effect on a badge that is used in the 90,000 club and competition logos for 2010 mod? if any one can help, it would be much appreciated, thanks.

You've practically answered it there yourself. Half the battle in Photoshop is knowing what you want to do. And when you know that it's a matter of research and apply!! It's not a complicated process but takes a bit to explain so instead I'm going to point you to a tutorial which I got by using your best friend......... good ole google eh!! (H)

There are literally thousands of good tutorials across the webz for photoshop. Use these to increase your own arsenal:

http://www.secondpicture.com/tutorials/digital_image_processing/glass_button_in_photoshop.html

does anyone know how to resize kits to match size?

Ok, so I'm working on my Premier League kit pack for next season (here) and I've reached the Everton away kit:
efc-72206.jpg

I've done most of it, but I have absoluitely no idea how to do that litle flick in the top right corner. Let me show you what I have done so far:
View attachment 87881
Do any of the established kit makers (steve-okenobi, StuW, Mike etc...) know what I have to do to get that flick? If I have to draw it, could someone tell me how?

Thanks.

I think you can try using the smudge tool but do it carefully.