The Photoshop Help Thread

Bugu111 - Pen too that **** up.

Lol mate I don't know how! Could you link me to a tutorial? 8-|

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Cheers mate, found a tutorial for that, and have made an ok attempt at it. Will be publishing it to my download page shortly, if you want to see how bad it is :S ;)

Right, hello again guys
I have the SS'09/10/11 kit templates by hammer9, but I can't find any layer from any manufacturer that replicates the shiny pattern on Liverpool's new home and third kits...
P96763_n.jpg

If there is a layer that is like this can someone point me in the direction of it. If not could someone tell me how I would be able to create this type of layer/shape.

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

^^^ Can anyone help me? If you need futher explanation let me know^^^

your making kits and dont know how to use the pen tool? that defies belief it really does, what im not quite understanding is though, if you dont know how to do something then surely you do a search on google like most people do.

as for the shiny layer on the liverpool kit unless you know how to adjust opacity and duplicate layers then your up a creek without a paddle. to get that affect you need to use the various layer filters and opacity. oh yeh and the pen tool would help to draw the diagonals.

Bugu111,you are definately one of the best kit-makers on the site.

thats a scary thought, considering your admittance to not knowing how to use the pen tool and not being able to draw a simple flick

your making kits and dont know how to use the pen tool? that defies belief it really does, what im not quite understanding is though, if you dont know how to do something then surely you do a search on google like most people do.

as for the shiny layer on the liverpool kit unless you know how to adjust opacity and duplicate layers then your up a creek without a paddle. to get that affect you need to use the various layer filters and opacity. oh yeh and the pen tool would help to draw the diagonals.

thats a scary thought, considering your admittance to not knowing how to use the pen tool and not being able to draw a simple flick

If you think it's easier to find a tutorial on google, why the **** are you here? Seriously think some people just join this forum to be a pain in the ****. Just checked your profile, only four posts. ALL of those posts have been you being a right ****.
Sorry for going off topic

Last edited:
If you think it's easier to find a tutorial on google, why the **** are you here? Seriously think some people just join this forum to be a pain in the ****. Just checked your profile, only four posts. ALL of those posts have been you being a right ****.
Sorry for going off topic

im not the one who needs the tutorial am I, and when I did/do need help i do use google to search for an answer, and theres a difference bewteen being a **** and telling the truth.

would you work in a pub or even be given a employment in a pub if you couldnt pour a pint? no you wouldnt, so you would learn would you not. or at least have a half decent idea about how to do the job before applying to do it. the same principle applies here, if you dont have a half decent idea of how to do the task why then be over reliant on other people to do the job for you. or at least try and search for a reply before asking. I mean lets face it the task hes trying to do is hardly rocket science.

there are a number of sites that detail how to use the pen tool in PS, indeed i even drew up a tutorial on how to use it on another forum, but then thats me being a **** obviously, think your term of thinking is slighlty misplaced the '****' is the guy doing a half arsed job and looking to others to do the job for him because he cant be arsed looking himself.

im not the one who needs the tutorial am I, and when I did/do need help i do use google to search for an answer, and theres a difference bewteen being a **** and telling the truth.

would you work in a pub or even be given a employment in a pub if you couldnt pour a pint? no you wouldnt, so you would learn would you not. or at least have a half decent idea about how to do the job before applying to do it. the same principle applies here, if you dont have a half decent idea of how to do the task why then be over reliant on other people to do the job for you. or at least try and search for a reply before asking. I mean lets face it the task hes trying to do is hardly rocket science.

there are a number of sites that detail how to use the pen tool in PS, indeed i even drew up a tutorial on how to use it on another forum, but then thats me being a **** obviously, think your term of thinking is slighlty misplaced the '****' is the guy doing a half arsed job and looking to others to do the job for him because he cant be arsed looking himself.

dudes really... this site is to help people... some people learn better by getting advice from people rather than sitting and reading/watching a tutorial.... a tutorial doesnt tell you whther your doing a good job... feedback is vital if you are to learn.

i cant say i 100% know how to use the pen tool... ive never used a tutorial and i just play and guess which means my work will proberly never be perfect... but hey... nobody has complained yet....

now can this thread go back to being a help thread which is what its for... and not a thread for people to critise someone asking for help.... please?

dudes really... this site is to help people... some people learn better by getting advice from people rather than sitting and reading/watching a tutorial.... a tutorial doesnt tell you whther your doing a good job... feedback is vital if you are to learn.[/QUOTE

]interestin, . if this principle was folowed by the majority, then leechers would not exist.

Now i have been making kits for fun in a while now and then, but i have a question. When i use a colour overlay, do i then have to mark the "Only web colours" or is it ok without? Thx :D

Now i have been making kits for fun in a while now and then, but i have a question. When i use a colour overlay, do i then have to mark the "Only web colours" or is it ok without? Thx :D

completely fine without it.... i never tick that box... dont no what it does and its never done my kits any harm :)

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

dudes really... this site is to help people... some people learn better by getting advice from people rather than sitting and reading/watching a tutorial.... a tutorial doesnt tell you whther your doing a good job... feedback is vital if you are to learn.[/QUOTE

]interestin, . if this principle was folowed by the majority, then leechers would not exist.

ill proberly sound like a right noob but i dont no what leechers are....

completely fine without it.... i never tick that box... dont no what it does and its never done my kits any harm :)

It restricts the colours you can select to the 256 'web safe' colours from back when operating systems could commonly only display 256 colours. The main benefit now is that it gives a good range of tones/shades without the fuss of having to manually adjust H/S/B

Instead of being critical, how about you put some positive feedback to help the guy considering you think you are an expert. The guy is learning to make kits for others which is far more helpful than you being a critic.

How do you use photoshop cs5 i am new to making kits and cant find any trailor for cs5

has cs5 even been released yet? only thought it was just announced.

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

also, you don't need the newest version if you just want to make kits, i use CS2 and my kits are smexy :p

i have already installed took for ever to install lol, but anyone got a tutorial and know how to use it?

is there a fm10 tutioral onit? i have searched y'tube ect

doubt it..many use cs2-3-4 because they are cheap. the layout can't be too different surely.. watch some cs 4 ones and do abit of investigating and trial and error :)