The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
Another great day of Premier league football ahead.
Hope you all have your beers in.

I won a box of 24 Desperado's... Anybody ever taste it? I'm a bit apprehensive.

..... I won a box of 24 Desperado's... Anybody ever taste it? I'm a bit apprehensive.

You've nerver had a Desperado? Seriously? You poor boy. Are you missing out. Man, that stuff can run through me. (Although most bottles do as opposed to pints these days. Finding pints harder the older I get to have a lot of.).

Make sure it's chilled. And get yourself some lime and add a slice into each bottle. The tequila gives it a different, refreshing taste that doesn't make it seem strong but it is at 5.9 so be warned when it's flying down your neck ha ha.

Unique lager with a twist. Real easy to drink. Perfect for a warm summer day.

Love it.

I was thinking of you the other day BTW. I'm in Belfast next weekend on a staggie. Never been to the North, but if it's as good as advertised and up there with Dublin, along with the 'task' at hand; Lord help our livers ha ha.

Last edited:
Thanks Scouse, I'll throw some in the fridge now.

Regarding Norn Iron... I'm not a fan to be honest.
I found them all to be grumpy bastards up there. They never stop f***ing moaning about stuff.

Maybe I'm spoiled after living in Dublin for 42 years :D

(you might have a great one though, don't get me wrong).

Disappointed that Palace did not spend money to strengthen their backline instead of spending money on attackers (and the wrong CF, should of went for Austin instead). Sure Ward scored the Palace goal, but he is also responsible for the two Arsenal goals.

I would have barely said it was a yellow, let alone a red

Just ridiculous. He's already lost control of the game imo

I don't know how anyone reasons Arsenal are even title contenders, much less tipping them to win it all.

If I had faith in Rodgers, I would be VERY disappointed if we finished behind them. They're still 2 or 3 players short in the first XI. Let alone depth. And still over play to absolute tedium.

They or Utd are in BIG danger of dropping out of the top 4 this year if we get on a roll.

Just it's a big 'IF' from us. Although the early signs are surprisingly promising.

So today potential shock results. Very very questionable refereeing decisions (Mark Noble sending off now).

Normal day in the Premier League

Chelsea lost to crystal palace at home, Liverpool lost to West Ham at home (Which makes the first game of the season result not look that bad), Arsenal won away. As an Arsenal fan, this is a fantastic day!

Chelsea lost to crystal palace at home, Liverpool lost to West Ham at home (Which makes the first game of the season result not look that bad), Arsenal won away. As an Arsenal fan, this is a fantastic day!

Need to work on finishing though. Can't always rely on an OG from a 10 man team who's player should not have been sent off ;)

Everton 1 Chelsea 0. Thankyou Naismith. Nice goal

Back