The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
I'd like to know why so few times are winning at home. I've never seen anything like it to be honest.

Chelsea v Arsenal match showing the rest just how awesome English officiating can be. It's winning isn't it?

Jesus christ

Chelsea v Arsenal match showing the rest just how awesome English officiating can be. It's winning isn't it?

Jesus christ

I expect Mike Dean to stand in front of his mirror tonight, smear lipstick all over his face while looking at his reflection and yelling "YOU *****", before assuming the fetal position in his shower with cold water on while crying and sucking his thumb.

The match was finally getting good until the red card. Now we have to watch this boring ****. Send them both off and we would have had something worth watching.

I'm thinking of putting Mike Dean in my fantasy team now

I will be amazed if Sunderland aren't relegated this year. They've been so ******* bad for so many successive seasons that you have to wonder if something is deeply wrong at the club. What makes it worse is that they've spent £53m net over the last 4 seasons...

As Lee Cattermole himself admitted, the players only come to their senses when relegation becomes a serious possibility. Until then, they just coast along collecting their pay cheques

I have this sneaking suspicion that both Newcastle and Sunderland have the potential to go down this season. Newcastle have just been woeful. There's definately a very negative feeling around here and the boo's when the whistle went spoke volumes.

If it did happen, it would have such a negative affect on the area outside of sport and it's already in a big slump economically speaking.

I think Newcastle will bounce back. They have brought in some decent players in the summer and McClaren is not a bad coach. It's just a matter of them gelling and they will recover eventually

Tipped Newcastle as a strong probable to go pre-season and seriously hope they do.

Can't stand Geordies or the B/S that goes along with the media as regards them. 'Great fans' my pasty white ***. Where were they before Keegan tipped back up? Gates had slumped to 4 figures. Sunderland never dipped that low even went they dropped the old third division. Bunch of two faced, nasty so and so's who would turn on you in the blink of an eye.

Hope the barcodes drop. Sund'land fans/ people are as different again in my experience and I really hope the Dutchman pulls them through again.

I have this sneaking suspicion that both Newcastle and Sunderland have the potential to go down this season. Newcastle have just been woeful. There's definately a very negative feeling around here and the boo's when the whistle went spoke volumes.

If it did happen, it would have such a negative affect on the area outside of sport and it's already in a big slump economically speaking.

They both have the same thing in common as well, which has been relying on other clubs to be so **** that their very poor play wouldn't quite see them go down. The problem is there's no QPR this year, and the promoted clubs don't look that bad. They're actually going to need to fight for it and neither club seems to know how to do it. Agree with Alc though, Newcastle are a little too good to go down. Sunderland on the other hand...

That was one lightning quick counter-attack by Spurs rounded off by a sweet finish from Son

Back