The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
As the season goes on, the comparison only becomes more hilarious. Sterling is now destroying EPL teams while playing alongside world-class players for a Champions League team. Ibe can't even get into a Europe league Liverpool team going through an injury crisis

Good PR skills is no substitute for actual ability on the footballing pitch

This is a pretty poor generic post I see every time. No one is argueing that sterling wont go on to be an excellent/worldclass player. All that was said was that Jordan Ibe has better potential then him, which is true. Not to mention the fact that this is Ibe's maiden season in and around the first team whilst sterling has been playing regular first team football going onto 4 seasons now. Its so easy to make comparison's with young players without looking at different variables. Not to mention that we had the clueless bodgers in charge who thought it would be a good idea to knock the confidence out of ibe by playing him as a wingback the majority of the time. People often forget that sterling just like Ibe was abysmal in the first half of his maiden season. I just dont understand how anyone can compare a fully fledged international with quite a number of seasons under his belt, to another player who is just starting out in his first full season. Baffles me.

This is a pretty poor generic post I see every time. No one is argueing that sterling wont go on to be an excellent/worldclass player. All that was said was that Jordan Ibe has better potential then him, which is true. Not to mention the fact that this is Ibe's maiden season in and around the first team whilst sterling has been playing regular first team football going onto 4 seasons now. Its so easy to make comparison's with young players without looking at different variables. Not to mention that we had the clueless bodgers in charge who thought it would be a good idea to knock the confidence out of ibe by playing him as a wingback the majority of the time. People often forget that sterling just like Ibe was abysmal in the first half of his maiden season. I just dont understand how anyone can compare a fully fledged international with quite a number of seasons under his belt, to another player who is just starting out in his first full season. Baffles me.

Opposition fans weren't the ones comparing the two. It was LFC fans going on and on about how they don't need Sterling because they have Ibe who is going to be a much better player. Now when they are getting called out on it, it's rather hypocritical to turn around and say 'oh it's unfair to compare those two for X and Y reasons'

Opposition fans weren't the ones comparing the two. It was LFC fans going on and on about how they don't need Sterling because they have Ibe who is going to be a much better player. Now when they are getting called out on it, it's rather hypocritical to turn around and say 'oh it's unfair to compare those two for X and Y reasons'

I dont care what a numpties on the internet shout out about, I was going on your post. Which is pretty ironic as now you yourself are comparing the two players by saying, "Good PR skills is no substitute for actual ability on the footballing pitch". I dont see it as being hypocritical because it is unfair to compare two players who are at different stages of their development. If someone clearly said that Ibe is the better player in then now then you could argue its pretty stupid. However whats wrong with saying id rather have Ibe because in the longterm he could become the better player. Nothing wrong with that.

I would quite like to know how people think that Ibe has better potential than Sterling one has about 20 PL games the other has over 100 PL games has figured prominently in 1 teams title run in playing a key part and also looks as if he will play a key part in Citeh's title bid too. Especially when you factor in that Sterling is only exactly a year older than Ibe (same birthdays according to wiki), a year is nothing yet the difference in games is staggering yet Ibe has better potential than Sterling I am sorry I need it explaining to me.

I would quite like to know how people think that Ibe has better potential than Sterling one has about 20 PL games the other has over 100 PL games has figured prominently in 1 teams title run in playing a key part and also looks as if he will play a key part in Citeh's title bid too. Especially when you factor in that Sterling is only exactly a year older than Ibe (same birthdays according to wiki), a year is nothing yet the difference in games is staggering yet Ibe has better potential than Sterling I am sorry I need it explaining to me.

Jordan Ibe according to prominent members of the LFC coaching team was actually meant to get his start ahead of sterling however was injured so Rodgers took sterling to the pre season trip with him instead. Also you answered your question yourself, one player has 100 plus games and the other only has around 20. Of course there going to be at different levels in development, you would be pretty stupid to think otherwise.

Reading up .....

Wouldn't have that little ***** back if City said keep the money.

That is all.

Last edited:
Jordan Ibe according to prominent members of the LFC coaching team was actually meant to get his start ahead of sterling however was injured so Rodgers took sterling to the pre season trip with him instead. Also you answered your question yourself, one player has 100 plus games and the other only has around 20. Of course there going to be at different levels in development, you would be pretty stupid to think otherwise.

But that is not what I said, I never argued about development I asked on what basis is Ibe a better prospect? Now you are basing it on LFC coaching team, now remember when you bought him from QPR and he nearly made his debut in the Europa League under Kenny? Harry Redknapp came on talksport and gave an interview and said at the time he thinks he will go on to be one of the worlds best according to their youth team and the England setup so I am sorry if I do not buy this LFC coaching teams assessment. I remember it because it was what turned me on to Sterling and immediately I looked him up.

Reading Liverpool-logic always reminds me of this

kkkultv1k20.gif

But that is not what I said, I never argued about development I asked on what basis is Ibe a better prospect? Now you are basing it on LFC coaching team, now remember when you bought him from QPR and he nearly made his debut in the Europa League under Kenny? Harry Redknapp came on talksport and gave an interview and said at the time he thinks he will go on to be one of the worlds best according to their youth team and the England setup so I am sorry if I do not buy this LFC coaching teams assessment. I remember it because it was what turned me on to Sterling and immediately I looked him up.

If you buy fecking Harry redknapp chatting rubbish on Talkshite over Coaches who not only coach but watch the two players and are more qualified to give a verdict then you and I. Then I dont know what else to say to you.

If you buy fecking Harry redknapp chatting rubbish on Talkshite over Coaches who not only coach but watch the two players and are more qualified to give a verdict then you and I. Then I dont know what else to say to you.

Er he was repeating what qualified coaches was saying within QPR and the ENGLAND setup stop trying to make this something it isn't

Er he was repeating what qualified coaches was saying within QPR and the ENGLAND setup stop trying to make this something it isn't

Of course QPR and england are going to say so and so have a bright future. No ones going to say anything bad about an 18 yr old making his debut. However it means jack all because id rather listen to the comment of Coaches who have COACHED both players and seen more than both QPR and England. Jheez.

Of course QPR and england are going to say so and so have a bright future. No ones going to say anything bad about an 18 yr old making his debut. However it means jack all because id rather listen to the comment of Coaches who have COACHED both players and seen more than both QPR and England. Jheez.

And I would rather believe what I see out on the pitch and Sterling by far and away looks the better prospect anyone with half a brain cell can see that, and would the England coaches have not have coached Ibe? did he not make the England grade at youth level genuine question?

Also to prove coaches sometimes know jack ****

Denilson
Freddy Adu
Cherno Samba
Ricardo Quaresma
Michael Johnson
Kerlon
Baljic
Babel
Aghahowa
Adryan
ETC

Can you see the pattern here? respective coaches thought these players would go on and win titles, Ballon D'ors, world cups play for Barcelona/Real but guess what they didn't do ****, yet coaches thought they were the next best thing.

And I would rather believe what I see out on the pitch and Sterling by far and away looks the better prospect anyone with half a brain cell can see that, and would the England coaches have not have coached Ibe? did he not make the England grade at youth level genuine question?

Also to prove coaches sometimes know jack ****

Denilson
Freddy Adu
Cherno Samba
Ricardo Quaresma
Michael Johnson
Kerlon
Baljic
Babel
Aghahowa
Adryan
ETC

Can you see the pattern here? respective coaches thought these players would go on and win titles, Ballon D'ors, world cups play for Barcelona/Real but guess what they didn't do ****, yet coaches thought they were the next best thing.

Were just going in roundabouts here. Im sure you forgot when sterling looked like the bambi on ice for a whole year and everyone was shouting how he was an overrated player but most LFC fans so the potential he has. Once again your not taking into development here of course anyone with brain will see that sterling is the better players because he is (I cant believe i have to repeat myself) years ahead in terms of development. The main question is that Ibe has the better potential, he may or may not fulfill it like the players you have mentioned we dont know. In football there are lots of variables that have to be taken into consideration, imagine Ibe hadn't been injured when sterling got his chance, you could be typing about Ibe and me typing about sterling. Lets just agree to disagree otherwise we'll be here all day.

I dont care what a numpties on the internet shout out about, I was going on your post. Which is pretty ironic as now you yourself are comparing the two players by saying, "Good PR skills is no substitute for actual ability on the footballing pitch". I dont see it as being hypocritical because it is unfair to compare two players who are at different stages of their development. If someone clearly said that Ibe is the better player in then now then you could argue its pretty stupid. However whats wrong with saying id rather have Ibe because in the longterm he could become the better player. Nothing wrong with that.

And my post was aimed at those people on the Internet who did say that Ibe was going to be a much better player than Sterling (many of whom are regular posters on this forum). If you weren't on of those then good for you. I am only comparing those two players because LFC fans did it themselves in the summer to brand Sterling the villain and justify his sale

And my post was aimed at those people on the Internet who did say that Ibe was going to be a much better player than Sterling (many of whom are regular posters on this forum). If you weren't on of those then good for you. I am only comparing those two players because LFC fans did it themselves in the summer to brand Sterling the villain and justify his sale

Like I said anyone who says Ibe is the better player and that we wont miss sterling is simply stupid. However to say in the longterm it MIGHT not be that bad because Ibe has better potential is a reasonable comment.

Like I said anyone who says Ibe is the better player and that we wont miss sterling is simply stupid. However to say in the longterm it MIGHT not be that bad because Ibe has better potential is a reasonable comment.

If 'Ibe having more potential' was used as a reason to lessen the blow of Sterling leaving then it looks even more stupid now when the coaches who rate him so highly won't even put him on the pitch even when the team is going through an injury crisis

If 'Ibe having more potential' was used as a reason to lessen the blow of Sterling leaving then it looks even more stupid now when the coaches who rate him so highly won't even put him on the pitch even when the team is going through an injury crisis

Your forgetting that the manager in charge was "the great one" rodgers. Who played can as a centrehalf and ibe as wingback. Plus its klopps first game in charge im sure ibe will get his chance i'd rather the kid be blooded in slowly so he can gain his confidence back running at a tired back four as a sub.

His sale was justified because of his **** poor attitude that had stalled his game and was part of a culture at the football club that needed changing. No more needs adding.

Your forgetting that the manager in charge was "the great one" rodgers. Who played can as a centrehalf and ibe as wingback. Plus its klopps first game in charge im sure ibe will get his chance i'd rather the kid be blooded in slowly so he can gain his confidence back running at a tired back four as a sub.

Excuse after excuse really. Based on the current situation, any suggestion that Ibe is better or has more potential than Sterling is a laughable one and that is something those LFC fans who made the comparison in the summer must accept. If Ibe suddenly starts showing this world-beating potential that no one else outside Liverpool can see, then we can have this discussion again

Back