The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
Update from the trial of Adam Johnson: admits one count of sexual activity with a child and grooming.

Words fail me............

Last edited:
Update from the trial of Adam Johnson: admits one count of sexual activity with a child and grooming.

Words fail me............

I was on a train when I read this.

Why is he still employed by Sunderland hours after?

I was on a train when I read this.

Why is he still employed by Sunderland hours after?

Because rightly or wrongly (wrongly) he still has a monetary value as a footballer regardless of what happens in the courts. And sunderland are not about to freely give that up.

I think it begs the question that with offences like this I think there needs to be a fifa ruling in place to ban them from football. Although I am not privvy to what actually happened and what his specific charge is, being a footballer is a job of privilege and if you would fail a DBS check then you probably shouldn't be doing it imo.

Because rightly or wrongly (wrongly) he still has a monetary value as a footballer regardless of what happens in the courts. And sunderland are not about to freely give that up.

I think it begs the question that with offences like this I think there needs to be a fifa ruling in place to ban them from football. Although I am not privvy to what actually happened and what his specific charge is, being a footballer is a job of privilege and if you would fail a DBS check then you probably shouldn't be doing it imo.

Absolutely agree that there should be an automatic ban. And dependent on the seriousness, a life one. I'm all for second chances, but somethings are just beyond the pale.

As regards the club, I guess it's all relative to an individual situation. I just would of thought the negative publicity on them the longer they employ him would ultimately end up outweighing the financial reward on him which must be depreciating fast.

Not least if a prison sentence follows.

cannot remember where La Liga thread is so will post here

Valencia beating Barce 1-0 shame its in the Copa Del Rey and Barce are already 7-0 up in first leg!

*fulltime they drew yet again haha

Last edited:
West Brom get an FA Cup tie against Reading-though only just by the skin of their teeth after beating The Posh 4-3 on pens. West Brom were outplayed. I'm surprised Peterborough didn't go through-clearly the better side.

FM syndrome strikes once more irl lol

Last edited:
West Brom get an FA Cup tie against Reading-though only just by the skin of their teeth after beating The Posh 4-3 on pens. West Brom were outplayed. I'm surprised Peterborough didn't go through-clearly the better side.

FM syndrome strikes once more irl lol

Is that as bad on '16.

Rarely had the chance to seriously sit down and play this years version. Can you still consistently muller teams like 30 shots to 2 and get beat 1-0 and ****?

Is that as bad on '16.

Rarely had the chance to seriously sit down and play this years version. Can you still consistently muller teams like 30 shots to 2 and get beat 1-0 and ****?

No idea-haven't got it yet. Tempted though with the 50% sale on Steam and with it being my b'day tomorrow. Very tempted

Is that as bad on '16.

Yes still very much possible and frustrating at the same time!

Never saw this coming from Sunderland, fair play. Also have you seen Adam Johnsons missus at the time, he cheated on her to bang a 15year old, she is fine as well.

well its not here my good man

I figured as much, but I wouldn't be calling guy a pedo just because he broke the rule so arbitrary that it varies from 14 to 18 even in our very civilized European Union.

Obviously law is law and he needs to be punished, but the amount flak people get for doing something that would be completely legal 5 meters from the border is absurd.

I figured as much, but I wouldn't be calling guy a pedo just because he broke the rule so arbitrary that it varies from 14 to 18 even in our very civilized European Union.

Obviously law is law and he needs to be punished, but the amount flak people get for doing something that would be completely legal 5 meters from the border is absurd.

I always find it weird when people equate idiots who sleep with teenagers to the monsters that prey on children.

Back