The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
I need curry now to you *******

You guys should try out hungryhouse-sure you could get a cheap curry and delivery. I've used it loads of times and found plenty of cheap pizzas and offers. Great if you're stuck inside

You guys should try out hungryhouse-sure you could get a cheap curry and delivery. I've used it loads of times and found plenty of cheap pizzas and offers. Great if you're stuck inside

Lost my bank card and motorbike is locked in the garage cba just gunna eat doritos and forget about a nice madras, with onion salad, Poppadoms, garlic naan, Bombay potatoes and a full jar of lime pickle :'(

Lost my bank card and motorbike is locked in the garage cba just gunna eat doritos and forget about a nice madras, with onion salad, Poppadoms, garlic naan, Bombay potatoes and a full jar of lime pickle :'(

I'm gonna have to remember to put the bog roll in the freezer for tomorrow :'(

**** you wankers with your food talk, I'm on a diet here.

I'm gonna have to remember to put the bog roll in the freezer for tomorrow :'(

haha, I have a large stash of ghost chillies so I know the pain it is awful. My mrs is half Arab so we eat spicy food regular, she can actually eat hotter than me tbf. But yeah its never good the next day.

Nice to hear Shearer on MOTD saying with the new TV deal, NO ticket prices should increase next season.

Could of spent more on it, but appreciate it and the backing regardless.

**** you wankers with your food talk, I'm on a diet here.

I just got off mine, lost almost two and half stone in two months. The secret is ******* your life up royally, you'll stress the weight right off. That and cardio.

Also if you're doing some high protein, low carb **** like most diets, 5 egg whites, couple of big spoons of curry paste/sauce, stir it all together and cook it together slowly, constantly stirring. Overcook them just a little so they don't yield and taste more like meat, then slap another bit of sauce in some low fat strained yoghurt and mix that **** together. Tastes like curry, feels like curry, loads of protein, very little fat, very few carbs.

I just got off mine, lost almost two and half stone in two months. The secret is ******* your life up royally, you'll stress the weight right off. That and cardio.

Well yes, the best weight-loss program is having a dramatic break-up. ;)

I watched yesterdays' match with a huge grin on my face. Im not a Leicester fan far from it (but I studied at Leicester Uni so I have an affinity for the place) and I hate ****** but that was not it. Football eh .... ******* ****!!

I really really hope they do it.

A Premier League-wide walkout is to be discussed by supporters groups after Saturday's protest at Anfield.

• RETWEETS 55
  • LIKES 75
2:32 PM - 8 Feb 2016

Retweet

This would be awesomely brilliant and such an effective message across the board that enough is ENOUGH!

SERIOUS momentum rolling after Saturdays fantastic stand and if other fanbases start to join in, the clubs won't know what'***** them! Really feels like something real tangible has been started and it's a fight we can win through strength of unity.

Football without fans is NOTHING! Start treating us with the respect we deserve and make the game affordable for all!

Last edited:
Given the way the team squandered the match they were part of the walk out too yes? Should be careful of the timings of these protests

View attachment 181109

Given the way the team squandered the match they were part of the walk out too yes? Should be careful of the timings of these protests .....

I'm reading that as you playing, but because they'll still be some that don't and still don't realise this isn't about point scoring over another set of fans .....

The walkout was neither anything to do with the team nor did it have any effect on the match. As they'll tell you. (And already have.). It was about your fellow fan and the very future of the game.

How the next stage of protest will be if we're forced into that I don't know but Saturday's ridiculous success in SO many standing together for their fellow fan and the fantastic response from all quarters the last two days has shown that it was NORE than justified and MORE than sent home the message.

We're all in this together. The clubs greed has exploited our loyalty for too long and the tipping point has been reached.

And with this momentum rolling, we really do have a chance to make a significant difference for future generations.

I've been over this subject before tbh couple of years back. Once the Sky revenue increased that was it. I do not see prices being reduced. Frozen? Potentially. But the damage has already done and I genuinely don't see a reversal of the situation. I was vocal about this couple years back. The Premier League bubble is going to burst and there's going to be some nasty fallout from it. Walkouts won't change anything no matter how good the intention. The wound is already festering.

And to be honest I'd be more concerned about this bubble bursting effect affecting lower league tiers. Because financially they're going to be screwed further down the league structure. A lot of people forget about lower league structure. The league pyramid is already on shakey foundations and it's only a matter of time before it collapses

Last edited:
That's what the clubs would like to believe.

Because they've been allowed to as people have worn their exploration of fan loyalty.

But now the threshold has finally been reached. One set of fans finally stood up and made a stand Saturday to unprecedented effect and success. And they most certainly aren't going away at their club if the owners don't climb down. All it takes is a spark. And the response from other fanbases as been such that I can honestly see a big revolt Country wide brewing. If Liverpool can get 15,000 to walk from what they love at 48 short hours notice, and have the World media spotlight focus in on the way all fans are being continually raped blind; then what would that be like if other clubs followed suit and we all stood together? And that includes the lower league clubs.

I think a lot of other clubs are in for a very big surprise if they try exploiting their fans any further when there is absolutely zero need at all. But if those other fans don't and take it, more fool them.

The fans of my club no longer will bend over and Saturday was the first VERY big shot across Boston's bow that has had a bigger effect than could of dared been hoped. They'll be wise to not have to face another.

That's what the clubs would like to believe.

Because they've been allowed to as people have worn their exploration of fan loyalty.

But now the threshold has finally been reached. One set of fans finally stood up and made a stand Saturday to unprecedented effect and success. And they most certainly aren't going away at their club if the owners don't climb down. All it takes is a spark. And the response from other fanbases as been such that I can honestly see a big revolt Country wide brewing. If Liverpool can get 15,000 to walk from what they love at 48 short hours notice, and have the World media spotlight focus in on the way all fans are being continually raped blind; then what would that be like if other clubs followed suit and we all stood together? And that includes the lower league clubs.

I think a lot of other clubs are in for a very big surprise if they try exploiting their fans any further when there is absolutely zero need at all. But if those other fans don't and take it, more fool them.

The fans of my club no longer will bend over and Saturday was the first VERY big shot across Boston's bow that has had a bigger effect than could of dared been hoped. They'll be wise to not have to face another.

I'll give you a much more detailed response later if you want, but this is pure fantasy. Don't get me wrong, every part of me wants to agree with you, but dealing with PRs every day, it's just not gonna happen. It's not even close to being true, and the fact that you think it is will have the relevant parties rubbing their hands with glee, thinking how best to exploit your hopes.

What will happen is that the clubs involved with it will make what the vast majority of people deem to be fair and reasonable concessions, given the modern game, and the story will go away. Those concessions will either be effectively minimal, though they'll be made to look major, or just things the club was going to do anyway.

Last edited:
I'll give you a much more detailed response later if you want, but this is pure fantasy. Don't get me wrong, every part of me wants to agree with you, but dealing with PRs every day, it's just not. It's not even close to being true, and the fact that you think it is will have the relevant parties rubbing their hands with glee, thinking how best to exploit your hopes.

What will happen is that the clubs involved with it will make what the vast majority of people deem to be fair and reasonable concessions, given the modern game, and the story will go away. Those concessions will either be effectively minimal, though they'll be made to look major, or just things the club was going to do anyway.

Never underestimate how cheap scousers are.

Never underestimate how cheap scousers are.

I'm typing this to you from the Cemtral, just down Barking Road were we've gone a good few years now. About the only decent place for a non-local, away fan to drink. And the amount of locals that have been applauding us for Saturday ..... That may seem little in the great scheme of things. But it's inspiring other clubs fans. What we achieve Sat'day has shook a lot. And we're not going away at all. If there's one thing this City does better than most it's standing up in the face of seemingly unbeatable odds and fighting. We were one of the very few to stand up to Thatcher and ultimately grudgingly gain her respect whe she couldn't ware us down. We're on the brink of getting justice for our dead after a nigh on 27 year fight in the face of everything against the highest powers in the land: And now we've finally had enough and been the first to stand up in such number to the ticketing problem that should of been faced years back. If other clubs follow suit, we'll really have momentum rolling.

I can can understand the negative from Subtles POV. People have just accepted this for so long, so why would now be anything different? But this one is the one that's finally broke the camels back. All I can guarantee is my own club is in this for the long haul. We like a good fight for what we believe in and Sat'day has sent a few shockwaves through the club and across the Atlantic. They were expecting maybe a thousand or so passionate divvies. When 15,000 walked, many from the seats that you'd NEVER of thought would join in. Many in the main stand walking out past a stunned Ayre ...... And that was after 48 hours short notice. Either Boston will end up not raising ANY ticket next year. Or they won't be here as their product will be shot to ****. Subtle or whomever may laugh at that but then so did Hicks and Gillete. And Ayre and co before the 77th minute Sat'day.

NEVER underestimate the unifying power of strength in numbers. If more clubs follow suit, this could be groundbreaking.

But then I didn't need to say any of the above. Saturday's fantastic stance, and the rwually fantastic reaction World wide since speaks for itself.

Enough is ENOUGH!

Last edited:
Back